1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Trivia Events

Discussion in 'Trivia' started by E.T., Jul 28, 2016.

Moderators: Ascarotte, E.T., Python
  1. E.T.

E.T. Rainbow Rocket Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    By now you've probably noticed that Trivia has events now, so in this thread, I'm going to explain a bit about how events work.
    • The server starts event games every 3 hours.
    • Events can be any of the three event modes: knowledge (regular game), speed (answer faster than others; get more points), or elimination (fail to answer correctly; lose lives), but elimination is most common.
    • Functionally, elimination events work just like regular elimination games, but the signup period is slightly longer. However, unlike regular elimination games, you can join event elimination games late (unless you wait too late), but you will be penalized by starting with one less life for each round you missed.
    • Event knowledge and speed differ from their normal versions in that the game does not end until 3 people have reached the goal. If there's 3 or less people playing though, the game ends when all but one player have reached the goal.
    • Events need at least two players, or they will eventually get cancelled.
    • Last but not least, if you get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in an event game you can win Safari prizes if you've played Safari.
    If you still have questions or suggestions about Trivia event games (other than what the Safari prizes are because I'm not sure yet), feel free to post here, and I'll try to answer your questions.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
    Joyverse likes this.
  2. Karp Karpity

Karp Karpity Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Karp Karpity
    May I suggest that everyone who plays in a trivia event that gets at least one point, or doesn't lose one life in elimination games can get safari prizes? The top 3 can receive the same prizes as before. @Python suggested silver coins for the remaining players which seem like a solid starting point. This topic came up because I see the same 3 winning the events, and the others receiving nothing for their participation. @RedJoker25 agrees with me when it comes to this.

Moderators: Ascarotte, E.T., Python