1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

August/September ORAS UU Potential suspects discussion

Discussion in 'Gen 6 UU' started by NananaBatman, Aug 1, 2016.

1. NananaBatman

NananaBatman Well-Known Member

OU > UU
    Diancie

UU>OU
    Heracross

Not a big change, but we do get a decent fire/dragon check in Diancie which is cool. We do lose a very threatening fightning type, but there's plenty of them in the tier so I guess we'll survive.

Use this thread to discuss potential suspects in the ORAS UU metagame. As usual, try to post intelligently and explain why you would think X pokemon is suspect worthy.

NU>OU
    Politoed

LU>UU
    Roserade
    Donphan
    Heliolisk

UU>LU
    Arcanine
    Shaymin
    Gligar
    Seismitoad

NU>LU
    Jolteon
    Scrafty

LU>NU
    Gurdurr
    Clawitzer
    Swellow

2. Funbot28

Funbot28 Active Member

Is Mega Doancie legal?

3. NananaBatman

4. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    apparently the other admins forgot to unban gothitelle from uu when shadow tag got banned

so it is now usable in uu, see you in lu goth

5. Funbot28

Funbot28 Active Member

Hey UU players, so I just wanted to bring up a suspect that I feel has been warranted for a while now due to the reasons I will state now:

[​IMG]

Salamence

Now after taking a break from PO ORAS UU, I have recently started to play it again mainly due to the fact that Victini is unbanned in this iteration compared to Smogon UU (and Tini is one of my fav wallbreakers to use atm). However, I did notice that Mence was still in UU and in which at first I did not mind, but after playing quite a few ladder matches I realized how menacing Salamence truly is to the meta.

#1) Dragon Dance variants has very few counterplay

DD Salamence is probably its best and most dangerous set due to the fact that even after only one DD boost, very few mons are able to either not be 2HKOed on the switchin or outspeed and revenge kill it, with its ability in Intimidate offering it even more chances to setup. This creates pretty unfavorable situations for the opposing player which often leads to restrictions when building in the teambuilder phase just to check it.

#2) It has a multitude of effective sets/roles

Salamence is not only a powerful setup sweeper, but can also act as a great mixed wallbreaker as well with its Life Orb set and can be a great physical wall with its Defog set. All these diverse positions often lead it to be very difficult to predict exactly what set the opposing Salamence is running, which leads to lost matches due to mispredicting the set being so detrimental to the outcome of the game.

There are plenty of other reasons I would like to stress, but I will save it for the potential suspect thread...

6. NananaBatman

Salamence was suspected already here on PO. It's obviously been a while, but none of the bans/usage drops and rises (save Jirachi) affect Salamence in such a way that would warrant a new suspect.