1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

New battling idea (with AI bot)

Discussion in 'Simulator Suggestions' started by Pumone, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Pumone

Pumone Member

Hi there.

It's a long time now I have this idea in my mind and today I want to share it with you.

I always loved single player offline battles against AI over than playing online with other people for a bunch of personal reasons.

If like me, you got bored playing against the rather same teams every time, I would like to open this project.

1) Everyone build up his own team as a gym leader (monotype or mixed types) and post it here.

2) People who want to challenge a gym, copy/paste the selected team and give it to AI (see point 3).

3) open server.exe (and leave it as it is, you do not need to edit anything in it) and 2 windows of PO. In the first window open team builder and import the team. In the second window just use your personal team as you prefer. PS: the first window must have trainer name: bot.

4) In each window write into advanced connection "locahost" without quotes and press enter.

5) Once inside the server, go to Plugins\Script Window\ and paste the code you see at the end of this thread (this point do not need to be done in the second window, also you do not need to set it next times because it gets saved).

6) now with one window just challenge the second one and accept. The battle begins! You against other member's team with AI.

7) You can also play bot Vs bot and just watch the battle, however, you need to change the code, see below.

human Vs bot: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35166330/AIscript/battleAI.js
    bot Vs bot: see this http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/33277/#post-460781

Credits go to @Maribel Hearn in his post http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/33277/

2. Strudels

Strudels ・◡・ Super Moderator Server Administrator Super Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Ripper Roo
    You can just run two tabs on one client and battle on any existing server though

Pumone likes this.
  3. Pumone

Pumone Member

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  4. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    but both tools are for smogon only though

5. Pumone

Pumone Member

You can export and import your team: team builder\Team\Import Team\Done

Yes, the "rules" are from smogon such as item clause etc., but forget about that. As you play against a bot there are no rules to respect.

6. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    the thing is here we have different tiers and such from smogon

7. Pumone

Pumone Member

That's the purpose of my idea. There are no clauses, no tiers, it's all like original games, you can have a full random mixed team with in example Pidgeot, Darmanitan, Tyranitar, Whimsicott, Nidoking, Slowbro and so on! You don't need a Tank, a Wall, a Physical, a Special, a Spiker and all that stuff.

We need more freedom, this idea is about deleting all those restrictions and play for fun, this is very important.

Just think the original games, think the mixed team of Cynthia or Blue. That was so funny and hard to play with =)