1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Not a Bug] Protean hazards

Discussion in 'Bug Wasteland' started by willdbeast, Aug 21, 2016.

1. willdbeast

willdbeast All round nice guy

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    Client Type (ex. PC, Android, Webclient):android

Client Version (if known. Webclient has no version.):

When did you first notice the bug?:about 15th august 2016

Have you been able to reproduce the bug?:yes

Information (include relevant logs, replays, screenshots): When protean user uses entry hazards against a magic bounce pokemon, the protean pokemon does not change type (I have tested type effectivenesses so it actually doesn't change type rather than just not showing message for it). For example if protean greninja uses spikes against mega diancie it will NOT change to ground type. I have tested all entry hazards, all have same problem. However all other non damaging moves (that I've tried) do change type when bounced such as spore and topsy turvy.
    (Screenshots of various protean pokemon not changing type with hazards or changing type with other moves)

(If applicable) Sources to confirm the presence of a bug (ex. Smogon): I couldn't find any reference to how protean and magic bounce interact anywhere, nor could i find any in battle videos where it happened. (Dare i say it? Might need tests)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  2. Strudels

Strudels ・◡・ Super Moderator Server Administrator Super Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Ripper Roo
    mechanics are correct, you don't change type if your hazards get bounced

willdbeast likes this.