1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Other] Survivor [10 Tributes Remaining]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by TraceofLife, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife

On a remote island somewhere in the Kanto region, these 16 trainers are beginning an adventure of a lifetime. For the next 39+ days, they'll be marooned, left to fend for themselves, and adapt to their new environment. They'll be forced to work together, or they'll be voted out of the tribe. In the end, only one will remain, and will the island with the title of Sole Survivor. 39 days (or so). 16 people. 1 Survivor!

Please make sure to read the rules and FAQ

1. Game Basics:
    There will be two tribes with 8 people each. Tribes will be setup in order to ensure that both tribes are about equal in battling skill (as best as possible, no guarantees)

-During the Day phases of the game there will be immunity challenges. Immunity challenges decide who is safe and who has to go to tribal council.

-During the Tribal Stage of the game, challenges will be won and lost as a whole tribe. The tribe that loses in the immunity challenge will have to go to Tribal Council and vote someone out.

-During the Individual Stage of the game, challenges will be won and lost by a single person. The winner of the immunity challenge cannot be voted upon, but (s)he will be able to vote.

2. Challenges
    Challenges will normally consist of Pokemon battles using the Pokemon Online simulator. Occasionally there will be non-Pokemon challenges; however, the majority will involve some sort of Pokemon battling.

Challenges will vary in terms of tiers and rules, from normal tiers such as ORAS OU to other metagames such as Monotype and 1v1 Challenge Cup

-At the start of the Day phase, the details of the challenge will be posted.

-During Tribal (Team) challenges, some players will have to sit out some of the challenges. Players cannot sit out during two consecutive challenges. Yes, this is a little different from the show.

You don't need to be good at battling to succeed in Survivor. While being good at battling will help, no competitive battling experience is necessary.

3. Tribal Council:
    -Tribal Council will occur at the Night phase after the Immunity Challenge.

There will be a private Vote to see who is eliminated from the game.

-The vote total will be revealed to the tribe at the end of the night, but you will not know who voted for who.

-In case of an initial tie, there will be a re-vote where you can only vote for one of the people with the most votes. For example, if there are 3 votes for Player A, 3 votes for Player B, and 1 vote for Player C in a 7 man tribe, you may only vote for Player A or B during the re-vote.

-In case of a second tie, the player who leaves will be determined by a random number generator. The players who tied for the most votes both times will be safe from this tiebreaker. In the previous example, players A and B would be safe.

Players voted out (aka dead) cannot be communicated with following their removal from the game. There will be absolutely no communication between dead players and alive players. This will change when the game reaches its conclusion, but until then, this rule will be strictly enforced.

At a certain point, those voted out will form the Jury. The Jury is special in that they follow the game in order to vote for a winner at the end of the game.

4. Winning the Game:
    -The goal of the game is to reach the Final Tribal Council, which typically occurs with just two or three people left in the game. You cannot win the game unless you make it to the Final Tribal Council.

-At the Final Tribal Council, the remaining players in the game speak to the jury and try to convince the jury that they deserve to win the game.

-Each finalist is allowed to make an opening statement on why they deserve to win the game.

Following opening statements, each Jury member is allowed to make either a statement or ask the finalists a question if they choose to. They may say or ask whatever they want.

-When everyone is done speaking, the jury will vote privately on who wins the game. Whoever gets the most votes wins.

5. Forum Mechanics:
    A typical phase will go like this. I post a challenge and the rules. Teams will have around 48 hours to plan strategy and submit lineups (and other stuff like that). From there, tribes will have about 3-5 days to get matches done. The losing tribe will then go to tribal council where they will vote a person off.
    No communication with players not on your tribe during the tribal stage. Obviously, I can't enforce this but other than pleasantries do not talk strategy regarding the game in a private manner. The only reason you should be talking to opposing tribe members is to schedule battles.

The voting stage will take place over 48 hours after the challenge is over. Players will have the first 24 hours to strategize, and then the last 24 to vote. You cannot change your vote once submitted. I will not be extending deadlines unless I absolutely have to.

Inactive players who fail to vote will vote for themselves, unless evidence can be provided otherwise as to that person voting for someone else, OR if I deem that self voting would negatively impact the strategy of the game, in which case I will randomize the vote.

-No anonymous nicks will be allowed for the purposes of this game. No impersonating as well. You will be punished if caught.

6. FAQ:​
    -Q: So this game draws a lot from the TV show?​
    -A: Yes. A basic knowledge of the format of the game will help you.​

-Q: When is the merge, When does the Individual portion start, etc?​
    Any and all twists will be hidden from the players. However, in the interest of fairness and objectivity, all twists and challenges have been planned out before hand. Since this game is not on television, I have no vested interest in ensuring that the game is interesting for outside viewers. As a result, I will be as consistent as possible in terms of following the plan for the game. However, I do reserve the right to make changes for any reason that I determine necessary to ensure the integrity of the game.​

-Q: Final 2 or Final 3?​
    You'll see when/if we get there :]​

-Q: What does the jury base their votes on?​
    The Jury is free to base their votes on whatever criteria that they believe to be important. There is no objective way to play the game that will guarantee you win; it is up to the Jury to decide that you are worthy of being the winner.​

-Q: Should I communicate my thoughts to the host?​
    Absolutely! Please include me in all conversations, whatever they may be. I am planning to do a "postgame" that will go over what happened at every stage of the game, so any and all logs would be much appreciated.​

On sportsmanship:​
    Look, this game is meant to be fun. The challenges are meant to be fun. That means I don't expect there to be too many problems regarding unsporting behavior, especially since you cannot win the game by winning all the challenges. But please do not/avoid as much as possible situations in which I will be forced to intervene and make decisions (eg activity wins and disconnections). If I hear anything regarding things such as ghosting or any type of cheating at all, I will forcibly remove the offending parties from the game AND push for some sort of forum-wide infraction. It's a game. Don't be a jerk.​
    If necessary, I will enact protocols (e.g. sending in teams and what not) to ensure the integrity of the game. Don't make me do that. I don't want to do that, so let's try our best to be reasonable :]​
    On activity:​
    You will get more from this game the more you put into it. By using pokemon battles as challenges, my goal is to make all stages of the game fun. That being said, I cannot force players to be active, as long as they meet the minimum requirements of voting and taking part in the challenges. If possible, I will avoid making substitutions unless absolutely necessary. A player who idles will likely be left in the game unless it is early in the game or I deem it necessary for whatever reason to make a substitution. This game shouldn't take up too much of your time, but it will be a commitment. Do try your best to be active. Thanks :]​

playerlist:
    Edna
    La.Melle2402
    Sam Holmes
    Joyverse
    willdbeast
    The Alio
    snaga
    Cheezeburgar
    Jalmont
    Jethalal
    ajhockeystar
    Draciel
    VirajVora
    DracoNova
    Hassin627
    Joeypals
    Velvet Blood
    Hurricane

With that short intro out of the way, let's get started!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    Sam Holmes, La.Melle2402 and Joyverse like this.
  2. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    Day 1

Welcome to Survivor everyone! Everyone's been split into two tribes, the Reactionaries Tribe and the Revolutionaries Tribe.

Revolutionaries consists of:
    Reactionaries consists of:

Now that each tribe has been divided, take the time to get to know your tribemates. You'll be teaming with them for the foreseeable future.

I will be making group conversations for each respective tribe, so no need to do that.

As always, any questions, please let me know. If you think any mistakes have been made, also feel free to let me know.​

Consider the game started! The first challenge will be up as soon as possible.​

Jethalal and Joyverse like this.
  3. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    Immunity Challenge 1

This first challenge is just to get people warmed up and ensure they are active. For today's challenge, each tribe will face each other in a series of Challenge Cup. The format is as follows:

2 HG/SS CC Singles
    2 BW2 CC Singles
    2 OR/AS CC Doubles
    2 BW2 CC Doubles
    1 OR/AS CC Triples

For every victory, the winner earns 1 point for their tribe, while the loser gets nothing. However, to encourage activity, losing a battle on activity will net you -1 point for your tribe. That means you need to get these battles done, as you don't want to be the reason why your tribe lost a point.​

Each tribe will need to submit to me a lineup which indicates what tier each user is playing. Matchups will be decided on the order you send me the lineup (e.g. the first person listed in Singles will play the first person listed in singles for the opposing team).​

What's at stake in today's challenge? The answer is: Tribal Immunity. Immunity is the one of the most important things to have in this game. With immunity, everyone from your tribe is safe for at least one more day. The losing tribe has a trip to tribal council where they'll have to vote out someone from their tribe. That person will become the first person voted out of Survivor.​

With a lot to play for, let's get started. Tribes have 48 hours to submit their lineups (which player is playing which tier). Failure to do so means that I will randomize the lineup. After that, players will have a strict deadline of 72 hours to get their battles done. Because of the penalty for losing on activity, there will be no extensions. Let me know if there are any problems scheduling and I will do my best to work with you guys to resolve them. The sooner you do so, the better, since otherwise it will be hard to come up with a solution in the time allotted.​

Please contact people in a way that I can verify that you contacted them, whether it's by doing so in public, or by inviting me to private conversations.​

Feel free to ask any questions to me in your tribe conversation or in this thread.​

4. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    can we propose trades

5. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    No.

6. willdbeast

willdbeast All round nice guy

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    Hassin + Snaga dream team

7. La.Melle2402

La.Melle2402 I'm the bone of my sword

hii
    just wanted to post something here so i get notifications

8. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov

Watch Thread

Jethalal, Joyverse and La.Melle2402 like this.
  9. La.Melle2402

thx helpfull user casparov

10. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  11. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    @Joeypals!! yeah im terrible at tagging don't mind me

anyway please get it done ASAP.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  12. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
  13. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    (21:06:51) Martin Garrix: Speaking of Survivor, something you might wanna clarify in the thread Lillie
    (21:07:09) Lillie: ?
    (21:07:11) Martin Garrix: I don't see anywhere if the matches are BO1, BO3, etc

Default is bo1, but you can also do bo3, idrc either way

14. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
  15. Jethalal

Jethalal (~o.o)~ So Spooky ~(o.o~)

PO Trainer Name:
    Jethalal
    lost sorry tribe only got 2 mons with decent moves :x

16. Edna

Edna Trick Or Sweets? Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    It's ok i'll ask diamonds to play for me ez win

Jethalal likes this.
  17. Jalmont

Jalmont nothere

i don't understand how to use this simulator. there's no option for random oras triples??? can we just play on showdown.

@snaga i have an eye doctor appointment tomorrow at that time so that won't work. free the rest of the day tho

18. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    No po and lets play a few hours before or after then

19. Jalmont

Jalmont nothere

has to be after i'm not waking up any earlier to play pokemon.

bo1 then

20. willdbeast

willdbeast All round nice guy

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    That's got to be the first time I've heard that excuse.

gg jethalal

La.Melle2402 and Jalmont like this.
  21. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

Joyverse likes this.
  22. DracoNova

DracoNova Cherlene's #1 fan

PO Trainer Name:
    DracoNova
    what does cc mean

23. Sam Holmes

Sam Holmes Sword Of The Morning

PO Trainer Name:
    ! HC ! Agent Sam
    Contacting via whatsapp

24. VirajVora

VirajVora VirajVora...

PO Trainer Name:
    Viraj / Virus
    Ah, nice I didnt expect to meet you in round 1...

25. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    [​IMG]

Slightly triggered rn lol

La.Melle2402, Joyverse and Hurricane like this.
  26. DracoNova

DracoNova Cherlene's #1 fan

PO Trainer Name:
    DracoNova
    im beat draciel
    EZiest win of my life

snaga, Joyverse, Edna and 1 other person like this.
  27. Draciel

Draciel No Goodbyes

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    Lost because CC is dumb and my opp got everything with stab and I got 2 mons with no attacks lo!l

28. La.Melle2402

The C is Challenge Cup stands for skill

29. La.Melle2402

lost 0-6 against the alio, gg lol
    fuck cc, can we start to play tiers where u need at least 0,1% skill?

E.T. likes this.
  30. The Alio

The Alio Member

won with matchup.
    gg out of respect.

Sam Holmes, Joyverse, snaga and 2 others like this.
  31. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Lost 0-2. Easily some of the worst matchups I've gotten in CC. (ex. 4 mons weak to ground vs Dragonite with Earthquake and Rhydon with Magnitude)

32. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Joeypals!! likes this.
  33. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    In case anyone is keeping track, Reactionaries are currently winning the round 3-1. Also, tell me about it @Edna lmao. You had Banded Metang, Dragonite with EQ, Kabutops with Surf, and Rhydon with Magnitude that second game whereas I had... Cyndaquil and Magnemite lmao.

34. Edna

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Dnite also had tpunch and ice beam rofl

35. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    [​IMG]

*puts on "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan*

Edna and Joyverse like this.
  36. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    yo, why is there a lot of salt here

37. La.Melle2402

I cant see any salt lol even I'm calmed

38. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    won vs sam gg

snaga and Jethalal like this.
  39. Jalmont

Jalmont nothere

snaga don't be a puss and play me in randbats none of this challenge cup crap

let's go right now

Joyverse and La.Melle2402 like this.
  40. E.T.

E.T. K I N G Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Sorry, I just found the placement of these posts being back to back to be amusing.

fsk, Edna, Joyverse and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.