1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Testing] Pinch Berry + Max Stat

Discussion in 'Bugs and Fixes' started by Fuzzysqurl, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

Does a pinch berry get consumed if you have max boosts in a stat (ie: Belly Drum + Liechi)?

This matters because of Berserk in Gen 7 (also the ability to re-activate the Pinch berry after losing a stat level). If the berry exists someone could still steal it or it could be flung.

2. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    No, it doesn't.

+6 Pokemon doesn't eat the berry until it next comes in under the threshold for its activation, or it loses a speed boost when under the threshold.

Tested with a Volcarona and a Salac Berry in ORAS.

Zoroark likes this.
  3. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

i should be thorough, just in case.

gen 3, 4, and 5 please too :)

4. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I doubt I'll be able to test it in Gen 3, due to how difficult it is to get pinch berries in Gen 3.

I'll look into Gens 4 and 5 after I've slept, assuming no one else does it in the meantime.

EDIT: I've been unable to test it in Gen 5 due to a lack of pinch berries, but I have tested it in Gen 4. It works exactly the same as it does in Gen 6. As such, I'd speculate that it works the same across all the Generations.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016