1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokemon Online Champions League [Semi-Finals]

Discussion in 'Official Tournaments' started by Finchinator, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hack

Hack Well-Known Member

opponent got away with running pdon as sole xern check+yveltal+dragceus, gg

Shaka Brah likes this.
  2. leviticus

leviticus Member

won, gg

Bro Kappa, Edna and Hack like this.
  3. We Three Kings

We Three Kings Member

Won vs Sam, gg.

I got a crit+SpDef Drop on his Snorlax which helped a lot.

Genesis7, Christo and Mysterious M like this.
  4. The Goomy

The Goomy Member

5. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -
    dab daddy never losin

beat shake

Vinc2612, Ice Tea, marcoasd and 2 others like this.
  6. get backer

get backer n_n

marshall quit the team cause he's a lil baby

subbing real fv 13
    @twin citiez

snaga likes this.
  7. Real FV13

Real FV13 Active Member

8. Finchinator

Finchinator IT’S FINK DUMBASS

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    get your games done people - you don't want there to be dead games in the playoffs, trust me.

Dr. Fomantis Toboggan likes this.
  9. Real FV13

Real FV13 Active Member

my secretary [VoD]Metabeast will post in my name cuz i was johned

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Spoof likes this.
  10. [VoD]Metabeast

[VoD]Metabeast Well-Known Member

I would be perfectly satisfied with a dead game, actually. The fact of the matter is, Twin Citiez is being absolutely unreasonable, and is blatantly johning with no real valid excuse.

[0:07:41] Shad le moustique ℊℊ: the thing is i cant playing tonight cuz im tired and i have class early 2morow, so im really not going to take the risk to lose cuz of that and be more tired for tomorow

This fucking autistic clown said he would be tired LOL are u fucking kidding me. Let's not forget the fact that FV is basically in the same time zone, and will basically have to play under the same conditions. Why did you even agree to play today then? You obviously knew you would be tired after your sports practice and would have to play after that, so unless you were counting on some magical fuckin healing genie to show up and cure you of your fatigue, I don't know why the fuck you would agree to play at this time. Regardless of what you were thinking, though, you did in fact agree to play at this time. You should honor your commitments and play, instead of making up some absolutely retarded excuse for events you already knew would occur. Or, we could just take the dead game. I don't really care.

confide, Shaka Brah, snaga and 5 others like this.
  11. Spoof

Spoof Well-Known Member

[13:08:43] SUPER MARSHALL: Shakeitshit et omfushit :D

Tony and Proof like this.
  12. CrashinBoomBang

CrashinBoomBang :{|}

yall fucking children how hard is it to play 1 game of pokemon in 168 hours

confide, Edna, Kingler12345 and 5 others like this.
  13. NightFox

NightFox Active Member

14. Shaka Brah

Shaka Brah New Member

Hell yeah dude Arcanines moving up bestteam NA 2016 best managers let me suck your dick

15. NotFalse

NotFalse 偽物

Ok so I've got to be up tomorrow to be somewhere. It's after 10PM in my zone, my opponent hasn't shown up. I made initial contact on Thursday stating that I was unsure of what time would be best, but I could likely make Sun/Mon. On Sat, I made it clear that Sunday would't work for me, and listed my availability on both Monday and Tuesday (which was pretty much all day for the zone I'm in). I haven't received any reply since then. I've been available both days at the times I've listed, but haven't received any contact at all. An extension would be fine if that's a thing, otherwise I'm not sure. My team loses if I lose to activity, but I don't see how that should happen if I attempt to schedule and my opponent just never responds or shows up.
    Screen Shot 2016-09-27 at 10.00.08 pm.png

16. CrashinBoomBang

lets trade dead game for dead game

17. Poek

Poek Member

And I clearly told you I didnt know if I was able to play monday or tuesday:
    poek97: yo
    +False偽: sorry dude im literally leaving at half past
    poek97: ah the johns
    +False偽: epic
    poek97: when u cant play at weekends
    poek97: sad
    +False偽: did i write times in my post
    +False偽: i cant play tomorrow i dont think
    poek97: :[
    +False偽: i got some course to go to
    +False偽: um
    +False偽: i can try get back tomorrow, but i dont think ill be able to
    +False偽: i can play monday tuesday tho, idk how free u are
    +False偽: anyway i gtg
    +False偽: sorry
    poek97: well i dont know if im gonna be able to play monday or tuesday

after that he just left but thats not the end, talking with my buddy TonyFlygon I got this masterpiece:

[24/09/2016 15:04:58] Tony: Can you guarantee to be online at 5 PM your time on either Monday or Tuesday?
    [24/09/2016 15:05:48] Poek: i cant really guarantee
    [24/09/2016 15:06:18] Tony: False can do 5 PM your time on Tuesday
    [24/09/2016 15:07:00] Tony: What about mornings on Monday or Tuesday? Maybe before you go to work/school or something?
    [24/09/2016 15:07:13] Tony: I think it's either that or Tuesday at 5 PM your time

Thats half an hour after he left me without having an opportunity to talk with him, yet he was still awake talking with Tony about scheduling!

ǝsןɐɟ - Today at 3:17 PM
    yeah i will be on
    the entirety of the time that i stated
    from 11am-10pm
    monday tuesday
    i will be available

I appeared at around 8pm his time yesterday, monday. He was already asleep:

[26/09/2016 19:57:58] Tony: Hey
    [26/09/2016 19:58:02] Tony: You and False playing tomorrow?
    [26/09/2016 19:58:22] Poek: i guess
    [26/09/2016 19:58:26] Poek: i looked for him today
    [26/09/2016 19:58:30] Poek: in the timeline
    [26/09/2016 19:58:47] Poek: but he wasnt on showdown
    [26/09/2016 20:01:54] Tony: Oh
    [26/09/2016 20:02:15] Poek: exactly at 2 pm
    [26/09/2016 20:02:18] Poek: which was like
    [26/09/2016 20:02:24] Poek: 8pm for him
    [26/09/2016 20:02:25] Tony: Could you message me when you're on tomorrow as well? I'll do my best to get him on then
    [26/09/2016 20:07:14] Tony: Did you check Smogtours or main btw?
    [26/09/2016 20:07:16] Tony: Or both even?
    [26/09/2016 20:07:24] Poek: both
    [26/09/2016 20:07:26] Tony: Idk if/where he was on I'm just checking
    [26/09/2016 20:07:27] Tony: Yeah ok
    [26/09/2016 20:07:36] Poek: also wrote
    [26/09/2016 20:07:39] Poek: /user False
    [26/09/2016 20:07:47] Poek: just to make sure
    [26/09/2016 20:07:49] Poek: he was offline

And just now:

[14:54:44] Tony: I asked False if he could stay up till 6 PM our time
    [14:55:00] Tony: So that gives about three more hours still
    [14:55:13] Tony: Hope you can find a small window to play

Its currently 16:54 my time, so theres that. pce

18. Vinc2612

Vinc2612 Active Member

Dude poek what the fuck are you doing

I mean you're on your way of being one of the best next players, I respect you a lot as a player, and you're down to that shit now? I am mad and disappointed at the same time...

It doesn't even make sense to state that False doesn't want to play, stop suggesting "dead game is fair" when we don't have anything else to lose by playing and everything to lose by getting the "fair" dead game...

I mean I could trust your stuff if you didn't spend the last days logging on smogtours for exactly 12 seconds before logging off and taking that as an activity sign... But you were not half active as you claim and you know it. Showing how you post now litterally 10 minutes after False logs off just shows it once again. What a shame you missed each other like that for the 10th time... Or maybe it's because you never show up more than 12 seconds in a row? Yeah I get back to this, because it's the root of why the battle wasn't played yet.

So now it's time to prove me wrong, to prove those were just coincidences and misunderstandings, and to show that you're still the Pokémon player I hope you are... And play this goddamn battle! Thank you very much.

NotFalse and Ice Tea like this.
  19. Poek

Poek Member

i didnt read shit but the only thing i've been trying to do is battle with this guy, and he posts activity. don't think thats too moral from your part honestly and i can battle right now. its your players fault, not mine

edit: also, i didnt have any problem to schedule with any of my previous opponents if that matters

Sken, Real FV13 and get backer like this.
  20. [VoD]Metabeast

Vinc stop trying to randomly guilt-trip our player when your player has unnecessarily pissed him off on multiple occasions. LOL and then this retard has the nerve to claim an activity win lmfao When the fuck was the last time you saw an Australian get an activity win? Next thing you know, an Italian is gonna be a tournament director lmao

confide, Real FV13, Joyverse and 4 others like this.
  21. Ice Tea

Ice Tea :^#)

Yeah but you're playing an Australian while you're European so your scheduling has to be precise fwiw, which in your case, wasn't.
    And if you had any timezone understanding you would realize that it's already around midnight/1 am. Should've just logged on before and not join for 1 second to fake activity but ok!!! just play it out christ

22. [VoD]Metabeast

more like how about ur 2 retarded down syndrome autistic retards stop making it impossible to schedule with them
    shut the fuck up

23. Poek

Poek Member

I WANT TO FUCKING PLAY IT. Also, that was just unfortunate, proof:
    [​IMG]
    + he said he will be online until 6pm. can you read my post please? just fucking get him to play me right now and shut up already god damn

Real FV13, snaga and get backer like this.
  24. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Alright, I need to talk this over with @Draciel or @Xdevo -- deadline in 2 hours still stands for now, but an extension is possible, but not entirely likely

--- Post updated ---
    Ok, I have spoken with resident tournament director, @Draciel

I'll make this fairly simple. Nobody wants teams to be eliminated via a non-played match unless there's blatant(ly obvious) activity decision. Therefore, it's my job to determine if there was blatant inactivity of some form or a clear-cut activity decision in either match.

Let's start with Marshall.Law (Real FV13) vs Anti (Twin Citiez). This is a bit of a unique situation as the match was Anti vs Marshall.Law until early on Saturday and then it was Twin Citiez vs Marshall.Law for the next day or two until, finally, it was Twin Citiez vs Real FV13. As far as I am concerned, these two had, more or less, one day to play their match against each other given these circumstances. And during the course of that day, Twin Citiez and Real FV13 were going to play during the late evening European time, but Twin Citiez was tired after Volleyball practice. He was, otherwise, fairly active since he was subbed in. Real FV13, however, was also quite active yesterday and earlier today, but now he's at work while Twin Citiez has been online for the past few hours. While the overall scheme of things points slightly in the direction of Real FV13 due to Twin Citiez not playing last night when both were on, this is far from a blatant, or clear-cut, activity decision and due to the fact that they already had very limited time to play each other, this game will be extended until 5pm GMT-4 on September 28th (tomorrow) -- you guys will get 28 hours because I have an exam until 2:10pm tomorrow, have to meet with my teaching assistant for another class after the exam, and will likely need to eat and do some other personal things in the aftermath of that, so I cannot possibly put up a new week 24 hours after the initial deadline anyway.

As for Poek vs False, I think that both players actively tried to get the game done - contrary to what some people posted, Poek was actively on SmogTours for a significant period of time yesterday (I saw it with my own eyes...) and I'm very certain that he wanted to play the game and still does. As for False, his schedule has been fairly sporadic, but I know he has been online here and there. The scheduling of this match has been a bit awkward because of uncertainty in regards to who will be on when and there's no real way to make a clear-cut decision here either, even if Poek has been very active for 2-3 days in his timezone and False has been on recently a lot during his timezones peak activity time. I do want to point out, however, that Vinc's post saying that Poek didn't try to get the game done was quite stupid and didn't help his teams' case at all because trying to guilt someone like that over a Pokemon forum really doesn't do anything whatsoever and even came off as laughable to me, but it's not like Shake was the most civil in addressing this, either, so y'all should probably not want to kill each other and throw baseless accusations at each other over a pokemon match - Poek and False did what they could to play and both are respectable dudes..I'm all for having some fun and getting the popcorn out and watching some fireworks, but this was simply unnecessary and it actually bugged me that people implied that there was purposeful avoiding and going as far as lying or making up activity that was either proven or witnessed otherwise. Anyway, with all the disrespect and stuff aside, the extension will be the same for this match, too.

--- Post updated ---
    ps: Twin Citiez will be on for the next 5 hours, if this helps

tl;dr - you guys have 28 hours

25. [VoD]Metabeast

As the official battling secretary of the Milotic, I would like to inform the Delibirds and NotFalse (more like notfuckingintelligent) that Poek will only be able to play between the time window of 4:50-5:15 AM Australian Time until the date for the extension is over
    I would like to thank the delibirds in advance for trying their hardest to get the game done in this time frame.

get backer, Real FV13 and Proof like this.
  26. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    I know this is a PO tour and I know you feel entitled to having at very least a dead game in one, if not both, of these matches, but I have (justifiably) ruled a certain way and as lame as you may see it, these games should get done during the extension. It would be greatly appreciated if you worked to get them done, thanks.

27. [VoD]Metabeast

• This post has been warned due to the poster consistently insulting and disrespecting authority and other users.
    See this statement is not even close to accurate, because I would absolutely LOVE to see the delibirds crash and burn to an activity decision. I cannot stand absolutely retarded individuals prospering because they blatantly johned and managed to somehow avoid a dead game on 2 separate occasions.

Ok since we are against logically giving activity wins and dead games in the finals just because we want to show compassion to autistic clowns, I want nothing more than for Real FV to channel his inner FlamingVictini and pull some bs irl family event and can only play in a 5 minute timeframe master scheduling plan to extend this series to the end of time. I believe in u FV...if you do this, you really can be the real Flaming Victini.

28. Ice Tea

stfu and accept it we'll win go team

29. Proof

Proof Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Proof/Agufmo/Omfuga
    maybe if shakeitshit hadn't lost we wouldnt be on this position

stfu unless you're a winner as I am

there's no chance these scums take us to tiebreaks AND manage to beat Omfuga the great. I just have to trust in 1/4 of my teammates to win. FV, Poek, and whoever the 2 players we pick for tiebreakers are, if one of you wins Omfather will take you to the finals as usual lmfao. That's like a 93% chance we make finals given each player is equally talented, and that's giving them the benefit of the doubt since our roster is statistically and "on paper" completely superior to theirs. So have no worries friends, the finals are in our clutches.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  30. Poek

Poek Member

I like how I've been called johner by the opposing team even when trying to play this guy, he didnt even want to play on the weekend, when, you know, people usually play on. I even accepted to play when he said, and he didnt try to stay as late as 8 pm. Today he said he would try to stay up until 6pm my time. He leaves at 4 and i get called a johner when appearing at 5 and even got asked if i know how australian timezones work. I know what you want from me. You want me to play him on laboral times. You basically want me to play at 11 am or miss my lunch to fit his timezone because he wants to go to sleep at 8pm. So is it really me who has to fit his timezone, even after he clearly refused to play on the weekend...? So am I the bad guy, who didnt even call activity when i got johned 3 times already? So you want me to stay shut when false calls activity on me? Finch considers him hes being respectful to me after all this happened when I just could have pulled a shake and went insane instead of keeping the calm as i just did? I think I atleast deserve a "sorry" from Ice Tea and Vinc, not saying false because i dont know what makes him go to sleep at 8pm and hes not able to play on weekends but alas. Gonna play him tomorrow anyways(if fv doesnt win), but I dont think I deserve all this shit you pulled on me tbh...

confide, get backer and Real FV13 like this.
  31. Big Bad Booty Daddy

Big Bad Booty Daddy Big Poppa Pump

PO Trainer Name:
    -
    Hey, I was doing just fine before I met you
    Poek brings his own bread to Subways
    Hey, you tell your friends it was nice to meet them
    But I hope I never see them again

I know it breaks your heart
    Poek is a johning dyke
    And four years, no calls
    Now you're looking pretty in a hotel bar
    And I can't stop
    No, I can't stop

So baby pull me closer in the backseat of your Rover
    That I know you can't afford
    Fuck you Poek play the game dipshit
    Pull the sheets right off the corner
    Of the mattress that you stole
    From your roommate back in Boulder
    We ain't ever getting older

Shaka Brah likes this.
  32. Spoof

Spoof Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

when you trynna style and get blown back by PO's nearly extinct moderation team

33. Real FV13

Real FV13 Active Member

Shadestep, snaga, Troller and 7 others like this.
  34. [VoD]Metabeast

shoutouts to my nigga bkc for the team
    [​IMG]
    When your waifu sweeps in 24 turns rofl
    mayb u guys should have just taken the dead game and saved yourselves the embarrassment lol.

snaga, Poek, get backer and 2 others like this.
  35. Blimlax

Blimlax A Silent and Serene Heart

Shout-Outs:

choolio and Tonyflygon for being great managers
    Ice Tea for playing amazing this tournament, gj on the undefeated record boss
    marcoasd for dominating in rby yet again...no doubt he's the premier player in this tier right now.
    All of the other guys on the team for being good teammates and stuff, don't think we ever had any major drama which was cool.

Shit-outs:

Myself for being bad the majority of this tournament, apologies to my teammates, I'll make sure this never happens again.

Grats Milotic on making finals again, I think our team put forth a good effort but you were a bit stronger at a few tiers and the results showed it. It's unfortunate that scheduling conflicts + some people's huge egos ended up derailing this thread towards the end a little bit, but in order to attempt to make some amends, apologies to Poek97, we all know you're a great player dude, myself and others was just frustrated that you and false missed each other within 10-15 minutes of posting, not that it matters anymore with the series being over.

36. CrashinBoomBang

yea well fv13 is using the same avatar as me so what did u expect

ofc he cant lose

Real FV13 likes this.
  37. Ice Tea

sry

Poek likes this.
  38. Tony

Tony Active Member

Sad way to have a really fun season for me come to a close with all this scheduling nonsense, but alas it is what it is. I wanna just say thank you to all the Delibirds players for the effort you put in and the amount of fun you've made my first managing experience. I'm proud to say we're the only team in the tournament to not sell back a single player during mid season and I hope you all had fun on our team. Special thanks to Choolio for considering me to manage this great team with you, hope I didn't let you down. :)

[​IMG]

Can we all guess which metagame Isa ended up not playing this tournament? I hope the Stunfisks managers realize that Isa not only literally saved their auction by stepping in as soon as he was drafted, but also that he's too good of a team mate to make a big deal about being stuck in a metagame he didn't want to play this tournament. D:

In closing I'm just very happy that we had a great team, I got to meet some great players and that the Tauros won't win this tournament. :D

choolio, rural, Ice Tea and 4 others like this.
  39. Finchinator

PO Trainer Name:
    Finchinator / Finch
    Professor Oak, Tony and Aurist like this.
  40. marcoasd

marcoasd Well-Known Member

GGs Delibirds, it was a good run and I enjoyed being around. I honestly can't even remember who lost (leaving alone Ice Tea, because that's too easy to remember that he didn't, lol) don't let it bother you too much.
    Especially, props to Tonyrandomizer for randomly picking teams for my games when it was needed.

Slops: will you guys please stop procrastinating games until last day hour minute?

choolio, Ice Tea and Tony like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.