1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

[Gen 6 Other] [ORAS Balanced Hackmons]

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Valky, Sep 28, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Valky

Valky Valky

PO Trainer Name:
    Valky
    Hey I am Valky - this is my first forum post :) I hope you are gonna give me feedback and we can have a nice time.

To start over I built a standard Team first. I tried over and over, switched moves and pokemon to have a harmony between each pokemon, so there is no specific core. Well lets start off!

[​IMG]

Kyogre @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Leech Seed
    - Ice Beam
    - Scald

Kyogre is a great pokemon - it has great bulk and since Proto-Kyogre is banned, you have to use the normal one, but this performs really well, too. Quiver Dance provides a good stat-boosting move and Leech Seed plus Poison Heal is a great recovery. This pokemon is imposter-proof, too, since the Toxic Orb prevents the burn from Scald, in difference to Chansey/Blissey. You wanna bring in this pokemon with a Parting Shot from Aegislash or predict a switch in to prevent a possible burn or para.

[​IMG]

Mega Rayquaza @ Safety Goggles
    Ability: Aerilate
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Extreme Speed
    - Boomburst
    - V-create

Well, there is not so much to explain about this pokemon. I didn't choose set-up abilities like Contrary or Gale Wings, since I want my team to be agile and Kyogre already is a Quiver Dancer. Fake Out + Extreme Speed knocks out Mega-Mewtwo X and does a decent amount of damage onto any other pokemon that doesn't resist against flying. V-Create is for coverage onto Arceus-Steel and Aegislash, the Safety Googles are for the Prankster Spore proofness, if Steel-Pokemon are Prankster-Mons.

[​IMG]

Mega Mewtwo Y @ Dread Plate
    Ability: Protean EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Judgment
    - Eruption
    - Grass Knot
    - Moonblast

Mega-Mewtwo Y is a great Protean user - and Protean is a great ability. This is kinda a wallbreaker set, let me explain the set: Timid Nature to outspeed Mega-Gengar, then Judgment. Judgment is an Imposter-proof move because the opponent is going to hold a plate in 1% of the cases. Dark-typing because I wanna resist Mega-Gengar's Ghost-type Judgment, if the is a Quiver Dance out. Eruption to have Steel-type coverage, Grass Knot to cover Arceus-Water, Kyogre and Mega-Swampert and Moonblast for things like Giratina, Mega-Rayquaza and other Dragons and also Fighting types.

[​IMG]

Mega Tyranitar (M) @ Safety Goggles
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Thousand Waves
    - Diamond Storm
    - Knock Off
    - Roost

Lets get to the more defensive pokemon in the team. Tyranitar is Tyranitar, obviously, Magic Bounce to provide Status or Hazards - what Magic Bounce does favoritely. Then the moveset and the Item. Safety Googles looks weird first, but you know the rock-paper-"scizor" formula: Prankster over Mold Breaker, Mold Breaker over Magic Bounce, Magic Bounce over Prankster. And the Mold Breaker Users use Spore often, so the Iteam counters the counter. Thousand Waves can trap things like Chansey, then Knock the Eviolite off to gain some advantage, Roost is recovery so Chansey cant take it down and is trapped - it loses since Imposter only lets it gain 5 PP for each move. Diamond Storm to cover Mega-Rayquaza and Kyurem-B/W sets.

[​IMG]

Arceus-Poison @ Safety Goggles
    Ability: Turboblaze
    Jolly Nature
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    - Pursuit
    - Recover

Arceus is an overall bulky pokemon with its stats, typing is chosen to have Fairy-Resistance and a quick Toxic Spike Defogger. Turboblaze to bring the Toxic Spikes over safely, Whirlwind to make use of them, Pursuit to get rid of Shedinja safely and Recover for recovery (wow good explanation). Safety Googles to counter Prankster Spore users. Simple explanation.

[​IMG]

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Roost
    - Parting Shot
    - Encore
    - Gastro Acid

Aegislash complets the Prankster, Magic Bounce and Mold Breaker Trio and is a good spinblocker. I do not run spore because everybody is aware of it - so I run the standard moves. Gastro Acid to force a switch out from a Poison Heal user, suppress a Contrary or an -ate ability (Ghost-typing OP). Encore annoys really, really hard e.g. on -ate users, repeat Fake Out or other moves that are kinda useless, to force a switch-out again. So why you wanna force the switch-outs? Because you gain momentum with Parting Shot, getting in another pokemon pretty safely to keep pressure on. Roost is for the Recovery, Leftovers for more recovery since Thousand Waves from my impostered Tyranitar deals like something over 50%.

So thats it for the team, I hope it helps you, etc.
    Feedback is appreciated and yes...
    Have a nice day -

~Valky :)​

Kyogre @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    Bold Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Leech Seed
    - Ice Beam
    - Scald

Mega Rayquaza @ Safety Goggles
    Trait: Aerilate
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Fake Out
    - Extreme Speed
    - Boomburst
    - V-create

Mega Mewtwo Y @ Dread Plate
    Ability: Protean
    Timid Nature
    - Judgment
    - Eruption
    - Grass Knot
    - Moonblast

Mega Tyranitar (M) @ Safety Goggles
    Trait: Magic Bounce
    Impish Nature
    - Thousand Waves
    - Diamond Storm
    - Knock Off
    - Roost

Arceus-Poison @ Safety Goggles
    Trait: Turboblaze
    Jolly Nature
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Whirlwind
    - Pursuit
    - Recover

Aegislash (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
    Careful Nature
    - Roost
    - Parting Shot
    - Encore
    - Gastro Acid

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2016
  2. fsk

fsk Kept hacking Tier Leader Server Moderator Tier Leader Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    Hi, Valky, nice try of building a BH team.
    Here are some comments that may improve ur team a bit:
    1. Due to the effectiveness of the classic poison heal orge set, we started to use poison heal/unaware water arceus, and you r on the right track to find teamates that beat them: your mmy with grass knot.

However, you seems to forget about the chansey proof for ur MMY (which, iirc, is the major reason u lose to my test team very early in the game). Judgment is nowhere from a self-chansey-proof move unless all other moves doesn't really damage u much. (when u used a grass knot on a water-ceus, I switched in imposter, and killed ur mmy with eruption.)
    Also, protean user carrying a king's shield to make them stronger against -ate user would be a better choice, as fake out+espeed combo with a plate usually KOs MMY before u have a chance to hit them with ur dedicated moves.
    Aside from that, the reason u gave for dark judgment doesn't really work out: if u switch into a mgengar that is already after a shell smash/quiver dance, it OHKO u right there before u can make any move.
    +1 252 SpA Spooky Plate Mega Gengar Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Mewtwo Y: 500-590 (120.1 - 141.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    And if Mgengar is without a boost of its speed, u OHKO it anyway with ghost/dark judment, without giving it any chance to hit u back anyway.
    252 SpA Dread Plate Protean Mega Mewtwo Y Judgment vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Mega Gengar: 434-512 (133.9 - 158%) -- guaranteed OHKO

2. The other problem u may have is your Tyranitar set.
    252 Atk Mega Tyranitar Thousand Waves vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Tyranitar: 126-150 (31.1 - 37.1%) -- 80.7% chance to 3HKO
    If you are facing a Chansey, and u use wave to trap it, then u will need to make sure ur ttar have more than 65% HP left to avoid get killed by losing speed ties after u use the wave. otherwise, u may lose your answer to ur own Mray, and have problem with Chansey again.

This two seems to be the major things that u may need to work on, and I will post more on other details that may help u when I have time to. GL & HF playing BH!

3. チャンピオンワタル

チャンピオンワタル HYPER BEAM!

PO Trainer Name:
    【天龍神】 ワタル
    I'd personally use the following moveset for Mega Mewtwo Y:

[​IMG]

Mega Mewtwo Y @ Spooky Plate
    Ability: Protean
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Boomburst
    - Judgment
    - King's Shield
    - Secret Sword

Mega Mewtwo Y's devastating Boomburst attack deals an impressive 48.6 - 57.4% damage to Arceus with a neutral hit, preventing one of the most common Pokémon in the tier from switching into it easily. Secret Sword cuts down non-Imposter Chansey and Blissey as well as Rock and Steel-type Pokémon not named Aegislash, since all of the aforementioned Pokémon take little damage from the Genetic Pokémon's most powerful move. Spooky Plate Judgment smites Ghost-type Pokémon, which are immune to Mega Mewtwo Y's other two attacks, and King's Shield is in place for the reasons fsk gave in the above post. The use of this moveset also allows you to use your Aegislash to wall any Imposter transformed into your Mega Mewtwo Y, unless said Imposter happens to carry a Plate.

Jethalal and fsk like this.
  4. fitzy

fitzy Heart of the cards Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

Hi as much as I like BH teams being posted here this needs an importable included as per the rules. Please add one in the next 48 hours or I'll have to lock this.

EDIT: fuzzy was nice to you and did it for you

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
Moderators: Edna, fsk