1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS OU] Wonder Trio Force - Peaked #1

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by AnuncioBot, Oct 18, 2016.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. AnuncioBot

AnuncioBot Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Mitsuo
    Wonder Trio Force

[​IMG]
    Since I am bad with banners, enjoy this synergy Diagram Like-a-preschool Made-in-paint.

Introduction and Build Process:

The team was born days ago, I was thinking in building something around the Wonder Trio, so when Zapdos was proposed in PS OU Teambuilding Competition, I realized that Zapdos + Wonder Trio have an interesting synergy, adding Pressure and Hazard control, especially against Rocks + Thunder Wave Clefable.
    Alomomola provides an excellent pivot with Eject Button, working well with Dugtrio against Heatran and Tyranitar. Chansey is the essential healer status and special wall.
    So after testing and evaluate weaknesses, I made some changes and get this final result.

[​IMG]

After success with this team in PS, I decided to use it in the PO, and got a great result.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SDef / 16 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Discharge
    - Roost
    - Defog
    - Heat Wave / Hidden Power [Grass]

Common spread, but 68 EVs in spd, to resist a little better a Clefable Moonblast and others special moves.
    An interesting PP control against Stealth Rock that Mega Sableye can not stop, as Clefable and Excadrill.
    Zapdos gets highlighted by being able to defend Togekiss, Mega Pinsir (without suffering Magnet Pull) and Tornadus-T, Pokémon that are hard to stall.

[​IMG]
    Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Fake Out
    - Knock Off
    - Recover
    - Foul Play

A Mega Sableye without Will-O-Wisp, the main switches for this Pokémon are Heatran, Talonflame and Clefable. While Knock Off, Foul Play and Fake Out are all necessary, which made me conclude that Will-O-Wisp is not required.
    32 EVs SpD allows to survive a Critical Moonblast 0 EVs Clefable, and then remove Leftovers with Knock Off. Fake Out free mega evolves, Foul Play punishes setuppers because the team does not have a Unaware.
    Be able to control Ferrothorn, Chansey and other mon is very comfortable, preventing Hazards and Leech Seed, Shedinja appreciates a lot.

[​IMG]
    Dugtrio (M) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    - Earthquake
    - Screech
    - Reversal
    - Pursuit / Aerial Ace / Stone Edge

The trapper. Screech to Chansey, STAB Earthquake, Reversal and the latest move is really a matter of personal coverage.
    Aerial Ace helps against Breloom and Mega Heracross weakened, Stone Edge defeat Volcarona, Charizard Y and takes a good damage Thundurus. But Pursuit eliminates a Shedinja opponent.
    The niche that Dugrio removes is considerably large, making some very favorable matchup.
    Tyranitar Sandstream affect Shedinja? Pursuit press Chansey?
    Heatran press with Lava Plume, Taunt, Rocks or Magma Storm?
    Excadrill Mold Breaker press with Toxic and Rocks?
    Just enjoy Eject Button Alomomola and safely switch to Dugtrio to remove these common threats.
    Keeping Focus Sash untouched and full HP, Dugtrio can survive a hit and KO Mega Lopunny and Weavile with Reversal.
    21 IVs HP to 201 in the stat, Nature and defensive IVs to minimize the defenses and explore Reversal.

[​IMG]
    Shedinja @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Wonder Guard
    EVs: 252 Atk / 156 Spd
    IVs: 0 Def / 0 SDef
    Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
    - Heal Block
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Protect
    - Will-O-Wisp

The *wall* annoying. With the help of Dugtrio, Shedinja becomes even more annoying, being totally immune to the most common sets of Manaphy, Mega Lopunny, Mega Medicham, Thundurus without Knock Off, and others.
    The spread is totally based on the original Wonder Trio team, minimal defense to Transform / Imposter, speed to be slower than Clefable by 1 point.
    Protect to scout, Shadow Sneak Priority, WoW because it burns.
    Extremely important to keep Sash against Azumarill (and hope not miss WoW).
    Baton Pass is banned in PO, so Heal Block for filler and troll some Leftovers mons.

[​IMG]
    Alomomola (M) @ Eject Button
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 216 SDef
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Toxic
    - Scald

Mixed wall Alomomola is very difficult to KO. Regenerator is great for a sponge and scout several mon.
    Eject Button is a cancer thing when combined with Dugtrio. Switch safely in Heatran, Mega Diancie, Infernape and others to Dugtrio kill.
    Regenerator also allows you to recover 1/3 of HP while making this safe return. Unfortunately Knock Off does not activate Eject Button in PS, but in PO yes, LOL.
    Wish support is great, restore the HP Dugtrio if it has removed Chansey and lost 200 HP with 2 Seismic Toss, but without losing the item Focus Sash. Thankful to Regenerator you can recover Alomomola and other mon in the same turn with Wish, making Alomomola the best Wisher's metagame.

[​IMG]
    Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Seismic Toss
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Heal Bell

A special barrier.
    Char Y switch, Rocks and Heal Bell Support. Natural Cure to absorb Scald / Toxic without the need to use the precious PP Heal Bell.
    High defenses, recovery, support, rocks, she's just fat.

Each mon is well known, so I will not fill lines with obvious things at this point of the metagame.

Serperior: Mostly SubSeed set, I can try to drop the PP with Zapdos and wall with Chansey, but eventually will defeat me.

Breloom: Rock Tomb set takes Shedinja and without Aerial Ace in Dugtrio is even more dangerous.

Thundurus: Mixed Knock + Superpower rip.

Garchomp: SD + Rocks mainly.

Kyurem-B: Shedinja is my immunity dragon then Teravolt rip. Physical mixed sets are dangerous, I can avenge with Dugtrio, but need to keep Sash intact.

Tyranitar: Sandstream to be more correct, Dugtrio need work quickly.

Azumarill: CB and AV are manageable, but BD is difficult.

Bisharp: Alomomola must burn with Scald or make a sacrifice to Dugtrio can remove.

Original Wonder Trio: Zapdos is effective if Dugtrio remove Shedinja, but if the opposite Dugtrio remove Chansey rip.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-456658962 The peak.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-456632651 Against VenuTar solid team.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-452260782 Dugtrio defeat 2/6 of the team, with the support Eject Button. Competitive.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-451905830 HP Grass Zapdos surprise.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-451271426 Zapdos controls Clefable.
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-450966598 Eject Button.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shedinja and Mega Sableye are very restrictive, while Dugtrio eliminates several of his threats and does not allow counterplay.
    The core Pressure + Regenerator + Natural Cure is great to weaken the opponent.
    People will want his death or that you have cancer if you use this team.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SDef / 16 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Discharge
    - Roost
    - Defog
    - Heat Wave

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)