1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[fixed] Self KO clause missing in side meta

Discussion in 'Bugs and Fixes' started by fsk, Oct 20, 2016.

1. fsk

fsk Woke up after a long dream Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    Client Type (ex. PC, Android, Webclient):mac 2.6.2

Client Version (if known. Webclient has no version.):

When did you first notice the bug?: today

Have you been able to reproduce the bug?:

Information (include relevant logs, replays, screenshots):

(If applicable) Sources to confirm the presence of a bug (ex. Smogon):

Basically, I assume in all rated battle, Self KO clause should be implemented, while this is not the case for tier Anything Goes, aka the Uber banlist.

Battle between welcomtopoaaas and 【EW】隐 started!

Tier: Anything Goes
    Mode: Singles
    Rule: Rated
    Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 11.52.30 PM 2.png

There may be other tiers missing the clause, namely all the no rule tier of past gens (XY, Black/White etc) didnt really check since hard to find a battle on ladder.

2. Edna

Edna Chasing the Dragon Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Actually that's not even the clause missing but rather the mechanics that changed in gen 6 if i'm not mistaken, last test I did was Perish song and the first to be KO'ed was the fastest. Win went to the slower
    In the current situation, gengar faints before Groudon and it should be a win for groudon player.
    The clause itself has no more use since it's integrated in gen 6 mechanics ( the same applies to explosion, even if both faints)

All in all to say it should be a different coding for all tiers. But for the simplicity might as well add self KO clause in all tier ( even CC) to avoid coding differently I guess

3. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett Active Member Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    This thread should be moved if it is fixed.

fsk likes this.