1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

How to Become an Articles Contributor

Discussion in 'Articles' started by E.T., Oct 23, 2016.

Moderators: E.T.
  1. E.T.

E.T. K I N G Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    How to Become an Articles Contributor

Introduction
    Hello and welcome to the Articles subforum! The goal of the Articles project is to create various articles about topics relevant to Pokémon Online such as commentary on various Pokémon and sets that they can use, PO News and current events, Player Interviews, and much more. If you are interested in becoming an Articles Contributor, here are a few areas where we could use your help.

Ways to Contribute
    1. Writing Articles. Obviously, if we are going to be creating several articles with varying topics, we need people who can write them! We also need people who can contribute ideas for content, such as additional sets or options a Pokémon might have, when articles are in review.
    2. Grammar Patrol. Once the content of articles is set, articles need to be checked to make sure that they are free of grammar errors. If you are confident in your grammar skills, this could be a good way for you to contribute.
    3. Creating Artwork. Having grammatically correct articles with cool content is nice, but good artwork can help take an article to the next level. Basically, we need artists who can create banners for various article types and possibly additional artwork for special articles.
    How YOU Can Become an Articles Contributor
    If you are interested in contributing in one of these areas, submit a brief example of what you can do to @E.T. via forum PM and I will review your work.
    • For those interested in writing articles, PM me one to two paragraphs about something that catches your interest, or it could even be a preliminary stage of an article you would like to write.
    • For people interested in Grammar Patrol, you will demonstrate your skill by grammar checking an excerpt from an article that will be provided to you.
    • For artists, your submission could be a banner or a couple of examples of your work.
    Once you become an Articles Contributor, you will be able to post in the Article Review subforum and get started!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Asterisk, Sobi, Funbot28 and 3 others like this.
  2. Memo'

Memo' It's going to be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY!! Social Media Rep Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Memo
    Hi, I'm interested! I already sent my forum PM :v
    I hope you can accept me.
    Also, it's nice that users are able to contribute to write/ilustrate/fix these new articles for our PO community and the Pokémon comunity in general.

3. Joyverse

Joyverse Toki wo tomare!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    UPDATE: Hello! If it hasn't been made clear before, then lemme do it right now.
    Signups for Articles contribution is still open and isn't going to be closed anytime soon. If you still wish to signup as an Articles contributor then don't forget to PM us!
    We are expecting to release a lot of new content as Pokemon Sun and Moon rolls out of the stores soon and, this is why we need YOU to help us out!

Xx_Solgaleo_xX likes this.
  4. Joyverse

Joyverse Toki wo tomare!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    UPDATE #2: Make sure to read the OP, guys. If your PM doesn't let us add in our fellow leaders, then you'll have to resubmit your application.
    If your asked to add in the other leaders, please make sure to add them within 24h or you'll have to resubmit.

Xx_Solgaleo_xX likes this.
  5. E.T.

E.T. K I N G Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    We could really use more Articles Contributors! We are in need of people who can write articles, people who can check grammar, and people who can create banners and artwork. If you aren't familiar with the types of articles we create, this Article Archive is a fast way to find articles that have been released so far, and you can also see the article-making process in action in the Article Review forum, but only Articles Contributors can post there! To become an Articles Contributor, send a forum PM to @Joyverse and @E.T. like it says in the OP of this thread!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Xx_Solgaleo_xX and Joyverse like this.
  6. Xx_Solgaleo_xX

Xx_Solgaleo_xX Team Litten!

IMG_0680.JPG I'd like to be an Artist for the site...

Moderators: E.T.