1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Articles Assignment Thread

Discussion in 'Article Review' started by Joyverse, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Articles Assignment Thread
    What to do here?
    This is the master thread for Article Contributors to keep watch of what's being written by whom. This is also the place where contributors can reserve articles to do within a certain timespan.

Assignment Guidelines
    1)You can only reserve 1 article every 2 weeks. That means you have 2 weeks to complete your article and have it checked, approved and released before starting the next one. However you may reserve another article within this time span, if and only if your previous article is approved and ready for grammar checks.

2) Articles are to be reserved from this list :
    - Pokémon Spotlight
    - Cool Sets to Use
    - PO News (Monthly)
    - Core Breakdown
    - Player Interview
    - Move Showcase
    - Pokémon Through the Generations
    - Campfire Talk
    - Role Rumble
    - Article about Abilities* (needs title)
    - Article about Hold Items* (needs title)
    And a lot more still in the making...

*These don't have standard formats yet

3) While making a reservation post, please follow this format

Article chosen- Pokémon of the Week
    Tier- LC
    Pokémon - Charmander

4) Ideas for new article types go here. Once the idea is approved by a leader, post here with the name of the article you are doing.

Assignment List
    The following table lists the articles currently in progress or set to be released.
    Note: TBD = To Be Decided​

Release DateCurrent Stage Next Stage Due TypeSubjectWriter
    TBDReservedTBDPO NewsSeptember 2017E.T.
    Here's a list of Pokémon Spotlights that should be done - Joyverse

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2017
  2. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Dream /\ Bigger

Since we don't have a Core of the week article i am gonna reserve it.

Article chosen- Core of the Week
    Tier- Ubers
    Pokemon- Landorous-Therian | Deoxys- Attack | Dialga

3. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Sounds fine by me, besides it might end in the formats thread so who knows?

4. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    can others also still use the cool sets to use article? since it is still in the reserve list.
    if so,

Article chosen- Cool sets to use
    Tier- OU
    Pokemon- Mixed Life Orb Mew

5. E.T.

E.T. Rainbow Rocket Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Definitely. For now, we need to focus on compiling articles. Once we start rolling, we will put together a schedule for the article types that will be released regularly, and it will be easier to see what is open. It is pretty safe to assume that every article type is available right now until you hear otherwise.

6. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    While you can go ahead and reserve articles to do. I am pretty concerned about the set you chose (Mixed LO Mew). While NP Mew and SD Mew have their merits and demerits to speak of, I know nothing of Mixed LO. Go ahead and do it and then we can see, what to do of it.

7. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    that isn't part of the "cool sets to use" thing?

8. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    I did say "Go ahead and do it... to do of it"
    Just because we have used to word 'cool' doesn't mean it ends being unviable or is only usable by an extremely exclusive set of users (or user for that matter).

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  9. Spoovo The Pirate

Spoovo The Pirate Meep! Article Contributor Article Contributor

Article chosen- Pokemon of the Week
    Tier- OU
    Pokemon- Volcanion

Doing this because Joyverse said so. I'll have the article copy pasta'd in literally two minutes.

10. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    @E.T. update tables please kty wub u <3

11. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    I actually forget that I had a post to make! Hehe sorry!
    Player Interviews have been added in the articles roster. Feel free to nominate potential candidates but yeah, do follow the guidelines as we intend to keep our interviews from being leaked!

12. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    UPDATE 2: I made changes to the assignment thread reservation rules. Now you can reserve another article if your previous article is in mode grammar checking phase.

13. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    So E.T. approved it so here I go..
    Article chosen- Move Showcase
    Move- Quiver Dance
    e: I am doing it on my handy dandy notebook. But Imma put up the skeleton/wip once we are done with atleast one article.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  14. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Article chosen: Pokemon through the Generations

Gonna post a skeleton of what it could look like and we can just discuss in its thread what to change with the format.

15. E.T.

E.T. Rainbow Rocket Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Reserving the first PO News. Will probably start working on that this weekend.

Annoying Orange likes this.
  16. Spoovo The Pirate

Working on Scald, and posting here because Joyverse said so.

17. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Just noting that PO News for December is currently free. It will need to be finished by December 10th (in an effort to start pushing the release date closer to the start of the month), and it should probably be started by November 26th. If nobody reserves it by the 26th, I have no problems with writing it again, but if someone else wants to write it, you are more than welcome to.

18. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Reserving PO News for December. I'll try to start working on a skeleton tomorrow.

19. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    The Pokemon of the Week articles will be referred to as Pokemon Spotlight in the future. If anyone has opposition to this, feel free to discuss it.

Core of the Week, possible articles about abilities and possible articles about hold items need better titles as well, so if anyone has an idea please post.

20. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

How about something like "Friends With Benefits" or "A Team's Backbone: x?" I can't really think of a good title that involves "core" except maybe "An OU core" or fit any tier where OU is.

21. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    No to FWB. It feels strange to me lol, especially in the context of pokemon. Neutral on the 2nd suggestion. Also what about a simple title like Core Analysis? What about Core Breakdown??

22. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    im a fan of the simple, yet effective Cool Cores
    ex: [tier] Cool Cores: mon + mon (+mon)

or putting it in the same format as cool sets to use
    Cool Cores: Ubers - Pokemon & Pokemon

23. Spoovo The Pirate

Current Cores?

Creative Cores?

I like the alliteration, but 'cool' sounds too opiniony to me. That could be just me though

24. pokemonnerd

What? The pokemon are friends and they have the benefit of working very well with eachother due to having types that compliment each other's weaknesses.

It's only strange if you make it that way ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But like most other things I understand the implications and why you're objecting lol

I would like creative or current cores more than cool cores. Either of them works though.

25. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Current/Creative cores all sound like good names for it really. AO's suggestion cool as well.

DAYUM, I can't decide on what is the better choice rn. I'll have to wait for E.T. on this before I start a poll tbh. Keep suggesting names in the meantime!

26. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I actually like Cool Cores the best because it is the least restrictive. "Current" implies that the core is well-known or at least used frequently. "Creative" kind of implies the opposite. "Cool" is more subjective which allows it to apply to a broader range of topics. Also, we already have Cool Sets to Use, and nobody complained about that title having "Cool" in it. "Cool Cores to Use" would them symmetrical, so that is an option too, as long as we don't get too repetitive with the naming. To elaborate, I don't want to see more than two shared naming conventions for article types (i.e. Move Showcase, Ability Showcase, Item Showcase...). Ability Showcase or Item Showcase might be okay, but both would probably be too much.

EDIT: To clarify, the cores titles will probably be too long if they keep the core in the title; however, a short title like Cool Cores might be able to pull it off.

EDIT 2: Reserving a player interview.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Annoying Orange likes this.
  27. pokemonnerd

Shouldn't the cores be current and viable in whatever metagame exists? It seems like it would defeat the point if the core in question was outdated and, by extension, bad to use in the current state of any given tier or metagame.

I figured the cool sets to use thread was just a template for that kind of thread and nothing more. Don't know what it is but I feel like naming anything with "cool" in it sounds corny or something. Probably just me.

28. Spoovo The Pirate

Of course, we're all forgetting the obvious one;

Common Cores. Hell, even Common Competitive Cores could conceivably create clever combinations. xD

Joyverse likes this.
  29. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Common Competitive Cores could create chaos though. Actually no, supporting CCC.

Spoovo The Pirate likes this.
  30. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    the big issue here is not all of the cores will be 'common'

31. Spoovo The Pirate

That's true. Well, Current still works, unless we'll also be highlighting archaic ones like Gen 4 SkarmBliss, or Gen 5 JelliThorn?

32. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Just Creative Cores? Also yeah we aren't going to just do articles on recent cores. We might do past gen cores too.

33. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    im still leaning towards cool cores. not a bias opinion, it just works very well.
    I can look up some better C adjectives but it doesnt necessarily have to contain alliteration

--- Post updated ---
    I like Core Breakdown etc. It can be punny & have to do with zygarde since its a main mon rn

34. Spoovo The Pirate

Core Breakdown does work pretty well, since by explaining the core, you're essentially breaking it down to others. I'm for that.

35. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Core Breakdown then it is? Are we final on it. You have my thumbs up js.
    Imma gonna use dank memes to show the I approve stuff and etc etc..

--- Post updated ---
    Gyro approves!

[​IMG]

36. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
  37. Joyverse

Joyverse Later guys! o/

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Was that needed now though? I mean a Zygarde article hasn't been done yet lmfao.

38. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    its always gonna be zyg because core. the core isnt needed in the banner as their sprites will be below. Or possibly implemented in the banner some way

39. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    plan on taking over Mysterious M's post from where it was left off. Of course meaning it will still have to go through completion & grammar.

40. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Sounds good. The thread is unlocked and is back to [WIP].