1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Main PO Server has moved hosts!, Guest!

The new advanced connection for the official Pokémon Online server is 137.74.231.216:5080. No other IP addresses other than those listed in this announcement are for the main official server.

Dismiss Notice

[Other] Big Brother [FINALE] The Winner has been decided!!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Joeypals!!, Nov 14, 2016.

Moderators: Duster
  1. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~ Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    POV #7 Results

What a much more enthralling round... too bad it'll be the last one of this kind when there's so many complaints that word choice is "randomized" or some other shit. ANYWAY, the seventh POV became much closer than ones previous, with the HOH sleeping alongside randomized player EvilDingoRobot as the other four tried their best... or at least most of them did. When someone is giving answers that say "Po host joeypals is the worst has ever seen" when they, time and time again, have shown they understand sentence structure, it's clear someone is fucking with you.

Enough jibber-jabber, onto the results.

1st (tied) -- TraceofLife and DracoNova -- 1 try
    3rd -- Romantic_Guy -- 2 tries
    4th -- Xxdecidudeye -- 7 tries

And with that, the winner of the P- god fucking damn it another tie. No matter, as, just like last week, we only need to stroll back to HOH #7 in order to break our tie.

And, as such, the winner of POV #7 is DracoNova! On top of receiving $5 from Amazon, for Safari, DracoNova receives $3500, 3 Amulet Coins, and 1 Honey! Good job Draco. Now, in a bit of a twist of fate, DracoNova has decided to use the Power of Veto... on... Romantic_Guy! That means Romantic_Guy is now safe this week. Due to Romantic now being safe, an empty nominee spot has to be filled. After some deliberation, ajhockeystar has named raka143 as the replacement nominee. Now with the stage set up to be Xxdecidudeye vs raka, it's time to go over everyone's jobs. There's 15 people left in the game, which means 12 total votes. Your voice gradually grows more and more important as we lose more people.

HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD -- @ajhockeystar. Please give Fate Testarossa and I the person you'd like to evict in the event of a tie. Reasoning very much appreciated.
    NOMINEES -- @Xxdecidudeye and @raka143. You are unable to vote. Please await your fate.
    VOTERS -- @DracoNova @Khaloss @EvilDingoRobot @TraceofLife @Hurricane @Jethalal @Cheezeburgar @HSOWA @La.Neptune @MeowMix @Atli @Romantic_Guy. Please submit to both @Fate Testarossa and I your choice for eviction. Your options are Xxdecidudeye and raka143.

Eviction #7 ends January 10th @ 11:59PM CST (GMT -6). Best of luck, keep scrolling down for HOH info.

HOH #8 will be another battle challenge! Please prepare a GSC team (Crystal generation) without healing items. Moves such as Rest are still fine, but no Berry Juice, Leftovers, etc.

Fate Testarossa likes this.
  2. DracoNova

DracoNova Cherlene's #1 fan

PO Trainer Name:
    DracoNova
    So thats what veto means

3. Joyverse

Joyverse Road Roller time! Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    HAH! Joey forgot that MeowMix is now NAVIDAD PIRATE.

4. Hurricane

Hurricane .-. Server Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hurricane
    Joeypals I noticed the answer has 17 words. You might have missed one. Not sure though :)

5. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I didn't forget it's just annoying.

Yo @NAVIDAD PIRATE eviction time.

Also @Hurricane, you're right I did. When I first made it there was an "even" in the second sentence that I dropped out of forgetfulness.

6. Joyverse

Joyverse Road Roller time! Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    NAVIDAD PIRATE is the best username in this godforsaken hellhole. -_-)/

NAVIDAD PIRATE and Joeypals!! like this.
  7. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Indeed.

Eviction #7 Results

Another week, another dead guy eviction! The script of the game only continues to complicate itself, and I couldn't be happier with how everything is going right now. However, the happy bullshit is for a later date, For now, let's recap the week before purging another player.

Week 7 opened up with a battle competition, where people had to try to get the highest average height while winning against a singular opponent. While a couple people tried, ajhockeystar was the only winner who went for a full 5'11" team, and thus was able to secure this week's HOH spot. After achieving victory, he nominated his battle opponent Xxdecidudeye as well as Romantic_Guy.

Moving right along into POV #7, another (and the last due to constant "luck" bitching, yes I'm salty because I have to rework my schedule now) round of the Forum Scavenger Hunt competition took place. More words were used, and the stakes were heightened given we're getting closer to just 10 people left. Both nominees gave it their best (well, at least one did), with three of the four people who finished the hunt getting it within 2 tries. TraceofLife and DracoNova both got the puzzle done in one guess each, however due to tiebreaker Draco won the POV. He decided to save Romantic_Guy, which forced aj to nominate raka143.

Now, without further ado... by a vote of 8-4, raka143... you are SAFE! Xxdecidudeye, you have been evicted from the Big Brother game.

With only 14 people left and many turns to come still, let's move into our eighth HOH.

[​IMG]

HOH #8: No Food???
    In this week's Head of Household competition, you guys will be playing GSC OU (Crystal Gen) with one main exception: No HP-restoring items allowed! This means items such as Leftovers, Berry Juice, and Gold Berry are banned from play. Just like with HOH #7, in order to win this HOH, you need to beat your randomized opponent first, and then have the most percentage left on your team. When submitting logs, please provide a screencap of your remaining HP on each Pokemon so that it's easy to grab. Send the evidence to both @Fate Testarossa and I. Also, just like HOH #7, the former HOH will be battling, however will be unable to win HOH. Rather, if he does win HOH, three votes will be taken off his final vote total should he be nominated this week. And with that out of the way, let's move into our randomized matchups.

@HSOWA vs @NAVIDAD PIRATE
    @DracoNova vs @TraceofLife
    @ajhockeystar vs @Romantic_Guy
    @Cheezeburgar vs @Hurricane
    @EvilDingoRobot vs @Jethalal
    @raka143 vs @La.Neptune
    @Khaloss vs @Atli

HOH #8 ends January 13th @ 11:59PM CST (GMT -6). Best of luck, and if you have any questions please ask, don't scream :x

Fate Testarossa likes this.
  8. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I'm actually going to be gone for about a week or so. Different stuff keeps coming up time and time again. I won't be on the forums during this time either.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  9. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Reflecting on that, HOH results + POV are going to go up a little later than usual. I close on Friday so I can't start working on the post til after midnight. Deadline is still at 11:59PM CST -6, but yeah. Thank you for the info Fate :)

10. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
  11. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I can't guarantee that the forums will hold up for the entire period. One of the updates didn't take, which caused the error, so the webmasters might just try and update it once again later on. As a result, I have a few recommendations for BB competitors for the remainder of this HOH:

1) If you can get it done ASAP, do it. You might not be able to report it if you delay. IF THE FORUMS DO NOT GO DOWN, DO NOT REPORT IT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM OTHER THAN VIA PM TO JOEYPALS (and Fate too, but ssh).

2) If the forums do end up going down, try and report it to Joeypals on PO itself. He usually uses the name "Joeypals". (note: he might not accept it, but fuck you Joey, I do what I want)

3) If Joeypals isn't online, and I AM online, you might be able to get away with reporting it to me (on the name "Professor Oak"). I cannot guarantee I can forward it on to Joey in time, nor whether he will accept it if it is given to me, but where there's a will, there's a way... basically I'll just spam his Twitter and spam him on Discord until he pays attention to me. :baa:

4) If none of that is possible, make sure you keep the evidence at hand, and try and submit it to Joeypals ASAP. It likely won't make too much difference to the result, but I'm trying my best to make sure you don't all shout at Joey for the 15th competition in a row :<

Joeypals!! and E.T. like this.
  12. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    p.s. @Joeypals!!, if you don't like my post, fuck off, I'm trying to help :<

Joeypals!! likes this.
  13. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I very much appreciate, and approve, your post :*

14. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    HOH #8 Results

Man, talk about a brutal week. With the forums going down for about 48 hours, things became near-impossible for many people (as to be evidenced by our results), but fortunately I know how to get back to our old schedule, just hang on tight! Enough blabbing though, onto the results.

In HOH #8, I asked you to play GSC OU games without being able to use healing items such as Leftovers and Gold Berries. The task was to be a sort of survival competition, in which the person with the most overall percentage. Only three matches ended up being completed in this HOH, but I won't be faulting anyone for not finishing this because, again, the forums were down for 48 hours. As such, here are the results for this HOH.

Atli -- 530.4%
    DracoNova -- 388%
    EvilDingoRobot -- 59.8%

And thus, by a long shot, the winner of HOH #8 is Atli! Atli, for winning HOH #8, not only will you receive a $5 gift card for Amazon, but you will also receive $4000, 12 Shady Coins, 3 Star Pieces, and 1 Cell Battery in Safari! Congrats!

After winning HOH #8, Atli contemplated long and hard about who to place on the chopping block. In the end, he has decided to put up... 2nd and 3rd place from the HOH, DracoNova and EvilDingoRobot!

With the stage almost set, let's move in POV #8.

[​IMG]

POV #8 -- Riddle Me This... Again!
    Before we go into the description for this challenge, we will first randomize the three players who will be playing alongside Atli, EDR, and DracoNova. According to random.org, and the 11 total options, the three players who will also be playing POV #8 are... khaloss, ajhockeystar, and TraceofLife! (I am so sorry Trace, blame RNG).

Today, for this challenge, the six participating players will be tasked with answering 20 riddles, the answers to which are all Pokemon names. While we will reveal that all the answers have a common link, we will not reveal what it is. In order to win POV #8, you will have to answer the most riddles correctly. Should there be a tie, we will reflect upon the most recent competition that both players played in and use those results. Before we get to the riddles though, let's go over everyone's jobs.

HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD -- @Atli. On top of submitting your riddle answers and telling me whether or not you wish to use the POV if you win, and on who, you will need to give me your three renomination picks should one of your nominees be taken off the block. As a POV winner is also safe, you need these three picks to cover all options. You have @raka143, @ajhockeystar, @Khaloss, @TraceofLife, @Hurricane, @Jethalal, @Cheezeburgar, @HSOWA, @La.Neptune, @NAVIDAD PIRATE, and @Romantic_Guy to choose between.
    NOMINEES AND RANDOMIZED PLAYERS -- @DracoNova @EvilDingoRobot @Khaloss @ajhockeystar and @TraceofLife. On top of submitting your answers, you need to tell me who you'd like to use the POV on, if anyone.

Now, with jobs out of the way, here are your 20 riddles. Best of luck, competitors.

1. Noise, noise, noise, that's all I'm good for. Screaming, being a portable speaker, you name it, all I'm good for is noise! Sometimes it gets out of control though and I wreck cabins... poor sea man had to build his home again from scratch!
    2. I may be three weeks old, but I don't give a damn. My entire being tells me I should beat on that poisonous serpent, and you know what? Any bites he gives me will boost my power to utterly destroy him.
    3. H-HEY GUYS! D-did you see me on that taxi with that hat? Whooooooooo what a fun night! Ugh, my head... I'm so dizzy right now it hurts.
    4. Aww, did that treacherousss blackheart put up a Facade that he'd beat me? I'll cut that sssap with my sssword tail and BAM! Problemsss ssshed like my ssskin.
    5. I'm like Azama -- being physically strong with an incorporated type like mine makes no sense. It took a LOT of yoga to get these thighs though, and I will handily headbutt any fool that tries to stop my meditation with this zen of mine.
    6. Hey, Chef Louis! I don't care how small I am! I am NOT a meal for a 5 year old at Red Lobster for those who wanna try seafood! You know the rivers I'm in are dirty right? I am NOT to be cooked, or it's YOU that's getting the Crabhammer.
    7. It's quite funny that me visiting homes is a sign of luckiness given my evolved forms literally murder everything in sight. It's too bad I'm cold though, though I guess that fits my mood. ...anyone have some snow? I'm starving!
    8. Everyone keeps telling me I'm oblivious. "Run away from Swellow!" they say, "Quit Team Tasty!" they say, "Save yourself!" they say. They're so insensitive. They do realize Swellow is my friend and definitely wouldn't eat me... right?
    9. In all this cosmic radiance, only Liza and I will shine among these bleak stars. You'll only find me at my true power when I'm full however, so don't go looking where meteorites fell in broad daylight.
    10. Oh MAN do I love me some iron ore! Any iron ore is game for me! Gotta grow up to be big and strong so I can lose this rocky core like my dad! Now if only those idiots would stop ramming into me so I can find more ore... Man I lust iron ore... nom nom nom.
    11. Why was I made the bad guy in a side game? Beats me. Maybe it's because Grovyle was a Grass type too and they needed someone more ominous for the fourth game? All I know is I kicked Munna's ass in my role.
    12. Aww, you wanna make it rain even though I'm weak to Water? BRING IT! I'll be so much faster in it and take you out with this Stone-Scissor combo, and make my child watch!
    13. After being stuck in this ball with this green-haired weirdo for the last few weeks, I can safely say he smells like Pringles and shampoo. He's kinda cute though and he's getting better though because of me so I guess I shouldn't complain... maybe he'll get better when I evolve before he hits that hot spring gym!
    14. Hey! You know that move Manaphy loves using? I had it first, damn it! Now to just flash this butt light at my gal in blue to tell her I love her...
    15. DINNER'S READY! Come get your grub before Wigglytuff eats it all! Just know that if you don't like my cooking, I will cry. And everyone WILL hear me if I cry, even if you're in a dungeon.
    16. You callin me simple? Are you calling ME simple? Boy, I will use Ancient Power and Growth and destroy EVERYTHING! Staryu? Gone. Buizel? Gone. Froakie? Gone. Every other Pokemon that can use a Water move since I'm x4 weak to it? Gone. This tier is MY temple, bow down.
    17. You know, it's not easy crying all the time. Probably why my flotation-tail device saved me until I smiled again when I got a Fairy typing.
    18. I'm just as good as Dwebble, why does no one play with me? Look! I have Aqua Jet a-and sexy battle armor... just play with me, please?
    19. lol Game Freak please, you can boost my speed all you want but until you get my offensive stats up I'm just going to be the Persian for gay best friends named Joshua.
    20. You heard of The Onion? Yeah, that's literally my head. Maybe if I meditate hard enough, I can collect my thoughts then collectively kick every mocker's ass when I grow up.
    In an attempt to get back on course with the schedule, POV #8 will go at double time, and end in 24 hours -- January 16th, 11:59PM CST (GMT -6). Best of luck everyone. Make sure to send your answers to both @Fate Testarossa and I but especially me since I'm running this week solo!
    p.s. joey is a butt

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2017
    Hurricane likes this.
  15. DracoNova

PO Trainer Name:
    DracoNova
    Do these riddles include gen 7 pokemon

16. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Of course

17. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike Forum Moderator Tour Director Forum Moderator Tour Director

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    you got to be kidding me lmao

Joeypals!! likes this.
  18. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike Forum Moderator Tour Director Forum Moderator Tour Director

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    i know i have a horrible luck but come on, i can't believe its actually this bad

19. Atli

Atli Time just fades the pages in my book of memories Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Atli
    why are you complaining for a free chance to win $5

20. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    The colour was slightly hard to read on the dark theme (for me at least), so I changed the text colour of Joey's post to the standard post colour.

Nothing else has been changed. Not even calling Joey a butt.

Joyverse and Joeypals!! like this.
  21. Khaloss

Khaloss New Member

Rly gen 7 rip me

22. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    POV #8 Results

Not gonna lie, impressed by the turnout as everyone participated! I was afraid this would get super-low turnout after the forum outage, but I'm glad we're still kicking as sharply as ever.

Now, before I begin, I'm gonna mix things up and reveal the overall theme for this challenge: all Pokemon were from the same region. All the Pokemon are from Hoenn (#HeilHoenn), and thus the answers and corresponding riddles were chosen from Hoenn's roster. Now, with that out of the way, let's move into the answers and results.

Question 1: Noise, noise, noise, that's all I'm good for. Screaming, being a portable speaker, you name it, all I'm good for is noise! Sometimes it gets out of control though and I wreck cabins... poor sea man had to build his home again from scratch! Correct answer: Loudred. Answered correctly: 3/6 (ajhockeystar, Atli, khaloss)

This may be a point of contention, but the reasoning should make sense in a moment (someone answered Exploud, someone answered Jigglypuff). But yes, Loudred is the answer to Question #1. With its ears looking like speakers, being used as a speaker as seen in Pokemon Generations, and having a plethora of sound moves in its level-up movepool (Echoed Voice, Howl, Screech, Uproar, Roar, Sleep Talk, Hyper Voice), Loudred should be one of the main things that come to mind. The main kicker is "I wreck cabins", with Omega Ruby's Pokedex entry for Loudred reading as such: "Loudred’s bellowing can completely decimate a wood-frame house. It uses its voice to punish its foes. This Pokémon’s round ears serve as loudspeakers." "poor sea man" refers to Mr. Briney, a generation 3 NPC.

Question 2: I may be three weeks old, but I don't give a damn. My entire being tells me I should beat on that poisonous serpent, and you know what? Any bites he gives me will boost my power to utterly destroy him. Correct answer: Zangoose. Answered correctly: 5/6 (DracoNova, ajhockeystar, Atli, khaloss, TraceofLife)

Hey, (almost) everyone got one of my freebies! This one is very straight-forward, with "beat on that poisonous serpent" of course referring to Zangoose's rival Seviper, as well as a little nod to Toxic Boost in the last sentence. "I may be three weeks old" is another Pokedex nod, with Omega Ruby saying this about the mongoose: "Memories of battling its archrival Seviper are etched into every cell of Zangoose’s body. This Pokémon adroitly dodges attacks with incredible agility."

Question 3: H-HEY GUYS! D-did you see me on that taxi with that hat? Whooooooooo what a fun night! Ugh, my head... I'm so dizzy right now it hurts. Correct answer: Spinda. Answered correctly: 4/6 (Atli, khaloss, TraceofLife, EvilDingoRobot)

Not a lot of explanation to be had here. Spinda, as we know, is a Pokemon that's always dizzy, with current sprites depicting it spinning its head around and around over and over again. The main key here, though, is understanding the homage in the first part. Everything before "Ugh, my head" refers to the picture memory HOH, where Spinda was placed on top of a New York City taxi with a giant cowboy hat and a nice little bottle of beer. Man what a good picture.

Question 4: Aww, did that treacherousss blackheart put up a Facade that he'd beat me? I'll cut that sssap with my sssword tail and BAM! Problemsss ssshed like my ssskin. Correct answer: Seviper. Answered correctly: 6/6 (everyone!)

Yay, another one lobbed over the plate! "Facade" refers to its rival's use of the move Facade in competitive play (in tangent with Toxic Boost), "sword tail" referring to Pokedex entries that comment on it having a swordlike tail, "shed like my skin" referring to Seviper's ability Shed Skin, and of course the repeated s's calling to Seviper being a goddamn snake. Easy peasy, let's move on.

Question 5: I'm like Azama -- being physically strong with an incorporated type like mine makes no sense. It took a LOT of yoga to get these thighs though, and I will handily headbutt any fool that tries to stop my meditation with this zen of mine. Correct answer: Medicham. Answered correctly: 6/6 (everyone!)

Damn this is gonna be a close game. But yes the correct answer here is Medicham, a Pokemon with very sizable thighs, the first psychic (besides Mew) that could play on the physical side of things effectively, complete with a juxtaposed-for-the-time Fighting type to go with Psychic, and "headbutt... zen" very subtly referring to, of course, Zen Headbutt, a move it can learn. "Meditation" also goes with Medicham, and did we mention that Medicham's thighs are massive? "Azama" is a character in Fire Emblem Fates who is a "healer", but has rather low magic and has high strength... kind of like Medicham here.

Question 6: Hey, Chef Louis! I don't care how small I am! I am NOT a meal for a 5 year old at Red Lobster for those who wanna try seafood! You know the rivers I'm in are dirty right? I am NOT to be cooked, or it's YOU that's getting the Crabhammer. Correct answer: Corphish. Answered correctly: 5/6 (DracoNova, ajhockeystar, Atli, khaloss, TraceofLife)

So, let's just run through it. Corphish, a lobster, is able to learn Crabhammer (and again, is a lobster... hello Red Lobster). That's nice and easy. What is slightly hidden is the two other references. "Chef Louis" is the name of the chef in The Little Mermaid, who, as you may remember, famously tried to cook Sebastian during Ariel's and Eric's wedding before the real shit in that movie went down. The other subtle reference comes with "the rivers I'm in are dirty", with Pokedex entries such as this one from X clearly making Corphish the right answer: "No matter how dirty the water in the river, it will adapt and thrive. It has a strong will to survive." (also "5 year old" refers to the meal being small, and Corphish is a pre-evo and LC Pokemon are Lv. 5)

Question 7: It's quite funny that me visiting homes is a sign of luckiness given my evolved forms literally murder everything in sight. It's too bad I'm cold though, though I guess that fits my mood. ...anyone have some snow? I'm starving! Correct answer: Snorunt. Answered correctly: 5/6 (DracoNova, ajhockeystar, Atli, khaloss, TraceofLife)

Snorunt here is an easy answer if you pay attention to the Pokedex. "I'm cold" is probably the only thing that doesn't go for the Pokedex, as its battle animation has the Pokemon always shivering and Snorunt is an Ice type, make it match (also "my mood" fits with its ability Moody). "visiting homes is a sign of my luckiness", "evolved forms literally murder everything in sight", and "anyone have some snow? I'm starving!" are all fingers pointed at the Pokedex, with Alpha Sapphire noting that in terms of Snorunt visits, "a house visited by this Pokémon is sure to prosper for many generations to come.", Glalie and Froslass both being murderers, and Alpha Sapphire also points to its snow and ice diet.

Question 8: "Everyone keeps telling me I'm oblivious. "Run away from Swellow!" they say, "Quit Team Tasty!" they say, "Save yourself!" they say. They're so insensitive. They do realize Swellow is my friend and definitely wouldn't eat me... right?" Correct answer: Wurmple. Answered correctly: 4/6 (DracoNova, ajhockeystar, Atli, TraceofLife)

This one relies almost exclusively on not only realizing the meta hint (everything is from Hoenn), but also knowing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. In Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, one of the NPC teams is Team Tasty, which comprises of both Swellow and Wurmple. If you talk to other NPC teams while going about your morning business, they express open concern for the health and safety of Wurmple, especially if Swellow gets hungry.

Question 9: "In all this cosmic radiance, only Liza and I will shine among these bleak stars. You'll only find me at my true power when I'm full however, so don't go looking where meteorites fell in broad daylight." Correct answer: Lunatone. Answered correctly: 4/6 (DracoNova, ajhockeystar, Atli, TraceofLife)

Should be simple to run down. Lunatone is a space Pokemon, able to be found within Meteor Falls ("meteorites fell") and has the ability to use Cosmic Power. "Liza" is a reference to Gym Leader Liza, who has Lunatone as her signature Pokemon. "don't go looking... in broad daylight" further indicates that this Pokemon does not do well in the sun, and considering Lunatone is a moon and the moon is not visible during the daytime (except for rare occasions), Lunatone here makes sense instead of, say, Deoxys.

Question 10: "Oh MAN do I love me some iron ore! Any iron ore is game for me! Gotta grow up to be big and strong so I can lose this rocky core like my dad! Now if only those idiots would stop ramming into me so I can find more ore... Man I lust iron ore... nom nom nom." Correct answer: Lairon. Answered correctly: 1/6 (ajhockeystar)

Oh boy... basically, Lairon being the answer here relies on Pokedex in full, as well as "lose this rocky core like my dad" referring to Lairon evolving into Aggron, who can lose its Rock typing via Mega Evolution. I'm simply going to c/p the Pokedex entry I used when making this riddle and move the fuck along (Pokemon X): "It loves iron ore. Groups of them fight for territory by bashing one another with their steel bodies."

Question 11: Why was I made the bad guy in a side game? Beats me. Maybe it's because Grovyle was a Grass type too and they needed someone more ominous for the fourth game? All I know is I kicked Munna's ass in my role. Correct answer: Nuzleaf. Answered correctly: 3/6 (ajhockeystar, Atli, TraceofLife)

I'm actually surprised, I thought this would be one lobbed right over the plate. Another Pokemon Mystery Dungeon reference, this one takes aim at Super Mystery Dungeon, who has a bad guy in Nuzleaf, another Grass type and, hey, another Hoenn native! "ominous" refers to it being a Dark typing, and therefore scary, with past Mystery Dungeon antagonists Grovyle (aka the best fucking protagonist that series will EVER see) and Munna (aka the worst fucking protagonist that series will EVER see) being referenced to help draw the line of thought.

Question 12: "Aww, you wanna make it rain even though I'm weak to Water? BRING IT! I'll be so much faster in it and take you out with this Stone-Scissor combo, and make my child watch!" Correct answer: Armaldo. Answered correctly: 5/6 (DracoNova, ajhockeystar, Atli, khaloss, TraceofLife)

...really EDR, Kabutops? I mean, I guess I can see how you got there with the reference to Swift Swim, reference to being an evolved form, and the reference to Stone Edge and X-Scissor, but really, Kabutops? Kabutops is neutral to Water while Armaldo is weak to it. Moving right along.

Question 13: After being stuck in this ball with this green-haired weirdo for the last few weeks, I can safely say he smells like Pringles and shampoo. He's kinda cute though and he's getting better though because of me so I guess I shouldn't complain... maybe he'll get better when I evolve before he hits that hot spring gym! Correct answer: Ralts. Answered correctly: 4/6 (DracoNova, Atli, khaloss, TraceofLife)

So, basically, this whole hint revolves around Wally, the Generation 3 "rival" (at least you saw Gardevoir, aka his "starter's" final evolution... suck it May/Brendan). Wally is a character who is very sick when you meet him, and is very unconfident. However, thanks to you helping Wally catch his Ralts, Wally starts to get better and better, with Ralts just about ready to evolve after you see it in a battle with him in Mauville City and Lavaridge having the next gym.

Question 14: Hey! You know that move Manaphy loves using? I had it first, damn it! Now to just flash this butt light at my gal in blue to tell her I love her... Correct answer: Volbeat. Answered correctly: 6/6 (everyone!)

Finally, unison once more! Ties to both Tail Glow and Illumise, as well as teh butt light, take center stage here, and ultimately string together to point out Volbeat singularly. Easy riddle, moving on.

Question 15: DINNER'S READY! Come get your grub before Wigglytuff eats it all! Just know that if you don't like my cooking, I will cry. And everyone WILL hear me if I cry, even if you're in a dungeon. Correct answer: Chimecho. Answered correctly: 6/6 (everyone!)

Hey look, another PMD2 reference! This time, we're looking at the windchime Chimecho, who serves as Wigglytuff's Guild's chef and dinner bell, as well as the Chimecho Assembly host, who helped you pick out who was going into a dungeon. Another easy one now that the PMD hints are obvious, next!

Question 16: You callin me simple? Are you calling ME simple? Boy, I will use Ancient Power and Growth and destroy EVERYTHING! Staryu? Gone. Buizel? Gone. Froakie? Gone. Every other Pokemon that can use a Water move since I'm x4 weak to it? Gone. This tier is MY temple, bow down. Correct answer: Numel. Answered correctly: 6/6 (everyone!)

Access to Growth? Check. Access to Ancient Power? Check. Access to the ability Simple? Check. x4 weak to Water? Check. Able to run through almost everything once set up? Check. Permission to move into Question 17? Check.

Question 17: You know, it's not easy crying all the time. Probably why my flotation-tail device saved me until I smiled again when I got a Fairy typing. Correct answer: Azurill. Answered correctly: 6/6 (everyone!)

...do I even need to explain this one? It was an answer in the last riddle set! Gonna assume for myself "no" and move the fuck along.

Question 18: I'm just as good as Dwebble, why does no one play with me? Look! I have Aqua Jet a-and sexy battle armor... just play with me, please? Correct answer: Anorith. Answered correctly: 5/6 (DracoNova, ajhockeystar, Atli, khaloss, TraceofLife)

Besides the meta-hint, the main divider here between Anorith and plausible answer Kabuto is the presence of Dwebble in the hint. Dwebble, like Anorith, is a Rock/Bug type, and can do nearly everything Dwebble does except for the fact that it doesn't have Sturdy. Easy enough, moving right along.

Question 19: lol Game Freak please, you can boost my speed all you want but until you get my offensive stats up I'm just going to be the Persian for gay best friends named Joshua. Correct answer: Delcatty. Answered correctly: 4/6 (DracoNova, ajhockeystar, Atli, TraceofLife)

I'm more ashamed in the incorrect answers I got. Ninjask? Volbeat? Really? I just wanna know the thought process there considering I singled out Persian, who is a two-evolution cat. Delcatty only gained Speed this generation, that's it. It's still garbage, just slightly faster garbage now is all. Whoop de doo Delcatty!

Question 20: You heard of The Onion? Yeah, that's literally my head. Maybe if I meditate hard enough, I can collect my thoughts then collectively kick every mocker's ass when I grow up. Correct answer: Meditite. Answered correctly: 6/6 (everyone!)

Its head looks like an onion, is in a meditative pose, and can evolve. Like mother earlier in the riddle, like daughter.

And now, the results!

EvilDingoRobot... 7/20!
    DracoNova... 16/20!
    ajhockeystar... 18/20!
    Atli... 19/20!
    khaloss... 15/20!
    TraceofLife... 18/20!

And thus, in a very close competition, Atli has won POV #8! By winning, Atli wins the exact same prizes he got for winning HOH #8 -- $5 for Amazon, and, for Safari, $4000, 12 Shady Coins, 3 Star Pieces, and 1 Cell Battery. Now for the part that'll shock everyone.

Atli has decided...

to use the Power of Veto...

on DracoNova! DracoNova, you are now safe for the week. As a result of Atli pulling his own nominee of the block, he has decided to name TraceofLife as the replacement nominee. Now, to go over everyone's jobs for this eviction process, and also sorry for being about 40 minutes late when the eviction will be another short period.

EVICTION #8

HEAD OF HOUSEHOLD -- @Atli. With 11 possible votes, you'd only vote in the event of a tie caused by inactivity. Please submit your tiebreaker vote to both Fate and I, but especially to me since Fate is gone right now, as well as reasoning should you deem it necessary.
    NOMINEES -- @EvilDingoRobot and @TraceofLife. You two are unable to vote. Please await your fate.
    VOTERS -- @raka143, @DracoNova, @ajhockeystar, @Khaloss, @Hurricane, @Jethalal, @Cheezeburgar, @HSOWA, @La.Neptune, @NAVIDAD PIRATE, and @Romantic_Guy. Your task is to submit to both @Fate Testarossa and I (but especially me since Fate's not here right now) your votes for eviction. Your choices are EvilDingoRobot and TraceofLife.

Eviction #8 will end January 17th @ 11:59PM CST (GMT -6). After this eviction, we will go back to the normal 3-2-2 day schedule. Best of luck everyone.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
    Jethalal likes this.
  23. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
  24. DracoNova

PO Trainer Name:
    DracoNova
    how is lairon an answer????????????

25. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I already explained it, and don't complain, you're now safe this week.

26. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett I Hate Salad Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett

Hassin627, Romantic_Guy, Atli and 2 others like this.
  27. Hurricane

PO Trainer Name:
    Hurricane
    What if we don't wanna vote

28. Atli

Atli Time just fades the pages in my book of memories Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Atli
    sorry ive been too long without complaining here and i missed it so here we go

Jokes aside, it doesn't change anything now but the answer to question 10 should have been Aron. Note that I'm not complaining, but simply trying to avoid having similar mistakes happen again in future riddles. While the "dad's rocky core" and the "iron ore" parts can refer to both pokemon, I believe the last part fits Aron much better than Lairon. The riddle makes it sound like the pokemon is getting rammed into against its will, but it is Lairon's instinct that leads it to get into territory fights as soon as it sees another of its species so it would be pretty stupid of it to be calling others "idiots" while it's doing exactly the same thing. On the other hand Aron is much more likely to get accidentally involved into these fights while it's simply looking for food, and it's also known to be unable to control its hunger at times as it's said to occasionally eat bridges and rails so that fits the riddle even better.

Other questions were pretty easy so I guess that's fine, except I don't recall any Loudred taking down Mr. Briney's house anywhere so pls explain?

ps: ancient power is bad on numel because it needs both spatk and speed boosts from growth and flame charge and with ancient power you wont be able to setup 9 times out of 10, and the standard sweeper set without ancient power is walled by mantyke and in sm dewpider so bad question imotbhjs

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  29. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    hey i did that late at nignt trying to sleep with a midterm the next day

30. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Then get marked for inactivity.

I'm not splitting hairs over Lairon and Aron. My focus group was 50-50 about it and suggested that last part to try to skew things towards Lairon.

Loudred may have never taken down Mr. Briney's house, but Mr. Briney lives in a wooden structure, which is the building structure Loudred can collapse by screaming. Mr. Briney is mainly hinted at to say "yo Gen 3 mon".

...I'm not splitting hairs with you over Numel. It gets Ancient Power, can benefit off Ancient Power when the boosts hit, and that's all I need.

Please don't make me re-explain reasoning again :x

31. Atli

PO Trainer Name:
    Atli
    but what im saying is that the last part is actually what made aron the most appropriate answer :x at least try to make these differences between evolutions a little better because this one was really ambiguous and I still think the last part here only excluded lairon from the possible answers if anything.

as for loudred well maybe try to not make up events that never occurred which might only confuse people? I had to go through literally every episode of the anime in which loudred appeared and was still very confused after that since I couldn't find anything that matched the description. briney's house isn't even close to places where loudred lives so yeah that wasn't really a good hint imo

notice that these are only suggestions for the future riddles and not random critiques for no reason, you're doing a decent job now trying to improve your challenges and all so keep it up

32. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I was going to extend the voting deadline by 24h as 3 votes are still outstanding, but I've been convinced otherwise. I'm gonna start typing up the post now.

33. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Eviction #8 Results

Man oh man, what an interesting week! After the forums went down for two days, the HOH ended up being slightly botched in terms of performance, but that may be for the best as the drama just upscaled. In the HOH, I asked everyone to endure as much damage as humanly possible in GSC without the use of healing items, and while three people did win their battle, Atli certainly aced the mechanic, securing him the HOH win. He decided to nominate the two people that just so happened to place 2nd and 3rd in the HOH -- DracoNova and EvilDingoRobot.

Moving into the POV, the riddles only grew in number, with 20 on the table. Everyone certainly gave it their best, but only one person scored a 19/20 -- the HOH, Atli. Atli, in a surprise move, saved one of his own nominees (DracoNova) and replaced him with 8-time POV player TraceofLife. With the stage set, the votes came in... kinda. Three votes were outstanding, and I'll go over that now.

First off, we have a modkill. @raka143, I specifically warned you at the start of Week 6 that if you missed another vote after missing two, you would be modkilled. Sure enough, you missed this vote and as a result, raka143, you have been modkilled.

Next up, we have two modkill timers. These two timers are for people that I feel are active enough, but did not get votes in. Those two people are @Romantic_Guy and @La.Neptune. In order to get off the timer, you simply need to post in the thread why you missed the eviction vote. That simple. And now, the results.

With 8 total votes cast, and with a final total of 5-3, TraceofLife... you have been evicted from the Big Brother game.

With 12 total people left, the odds are certainly getting more and more tricky to navigate. This week, Week 9, will prove to be very critical, as you'll see in just a second.

[​IMG]

HOH #9 -- SEARCH THOSE MAFIA THEMES! (BIG BROTHER SPECIAL)

You might be wondering what I mean by "Big Brother Special". Well... you'll see in a second. First let's get through the challenge. For the 11 people that are able to participate in today's challenge, you will be, once again, looking for eight pieces scattered across eight themes onto eight roles (one role per theme), trying to collect as many pieces as possible in the (almost) 72 hour time limit. Once you find a piece, screenshot it, send it to both @Fate Testarossa and I (but especially me, Fate isn't here right now). Just like last time, in order to win, you must find the most pieces, although there will be a mechanics change. Also, just like last time, the piece will spawn starting at 12p. While the time constraint will stay in place, as we are under 12 people able to play (sorry @Atli), I will offer this as a trial for this challenge, and if it works (and if we have another Mafia challenge), we'll use it in the future. If you start 5 games for a theme that has a piece (it will be an event) and you turn in those pieces, you will have a chance to win a piece based on how many unique roles there are at 12p. Again, the player with the most pieces found wins... or so you think.
    Here comes the twist.

DOUBLE EVICTION TIME BABY, AND YES I'M TYPING IN RED FOR A REASON! Welcome to the first Double Eviction week in the solo rounds, where things become much more condensed and costly. Two HOHs, 4 nominees, two people evicted, 10 people left at the end of this game. Who's excited? Me! Anyway, yes, this week is a double eviction. Best of luck everyone.

HOH #9 will end January 20th @ 11:59PM CST (GMT -6). When submitting logs (whether it be you finding a piece or you turning in 5 logs to raffle for a piece), please submit to me FOUR people you'd like to put up for eviction. That way, if the other HOH matches your picks, you can have two as well. Best of luck everyone!

@DracoNova @ajhockeystar @Khaloss @EvilDingoRobot @Hurricane @Jethalal @Cheezeburgar @HSOWA @La.Neptune @NAVIDAD PIRATE @Atli @Romantic_Guy

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    EvilDingoRobot likes this.
  34. Hurricane

PO Trainer Name:
    Hurricane
    NO idea what I'm submitting for this

35. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    OK, so let's say the theme was Rotom that had a piece, and you got 5 games of Rotom to start -- one 11p, one 5p, one 3p, one 7p, and one 9p. You'd submit logs of the sign-ups as well as night one, and then I'd raffle to see if you got the piece from there.

Make sense?

36. Hurricane

PO Trainer Name:
    Hurricane
    O it does. Thanks !

Joeypals!! likes this.
  37. Romantic_Guy

Romantic_Guy Member

Hi ,sorry haven't bedn getting any notifications on mail after forums died,idk the reason,maybe someone can help if they know

Joeypals!! likes this.
  38. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    *flips a switch to turn off Hedy's timer*

39. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Cheezeburgar likes this.
  40. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    OK, it's midnight. So we're gonna be doing a second HOH instead. Everything is still DOUBLE EVICTION but we're doing a different challenge.

[​IMG]

HOH #9 (TAKE 2) -- FUSE THIS! (DOUBLE EVICTION)
    Alright, so here's the rundown. There will still be 2 HOHs, 4 nominees, and 2 evictions this week. However, in order to keep everything fair and actually run because Miki can't fix a bug weeks after it was known oops host salt dialing back we will be combining two challenges so that we still have something. This week, we will be combining HOH #4 ("Everything Is 6") with HOH #1 ("Smallest Winner"). In order to win this competition, you must not only win your battle, but you must also be able to have the lowest BST while winning. In addition, all of your Pokemon must have the number 6 in their Pokedex number. For example, Pokemon such as Raichu (#26), Poliwrath (#62), Mightyena (#262), and Golurk (#623) are all allowed, while Pokemon such as Mew (#150) are not. You must use a full team of 6 Pokemon. In addition, THIS CHALLENGE WILL BE IN THE SM GEN! Please keep that in mind while making teams. The top two scores (or I guess bottom two since you're aiming to have low BST) will win HOH this week. When submitting logs/screenshots of your victory, please provide FOUR nominees! This is in case your co-HOH nominates the same two people.

Atli, just like the last two challenges where we've had to use the outgoing HOH to round out numbers, should you win an HOH spot, instead of becoming HOH, you will receive a -2 voteshield (balanced for six voters this week). In addition, if your partner is inactive (both on server and on forums), I will grant you immunity for the week. Should the inactive person not vote, they will be modkilled (mainly looking at La.Neptune here). There will only be two evictions this week, including the modkill, so if I need to modkill, again, La.Neptune, only the person who receives the most votes at the end of the week will be evicted.

HOH #9 (the redo) will end January 22nd @ 11:59PM CST (GMT -6). Here are your matches below.

@ajhockeystar vs @Jethalal
    @Atli vs @Khaloss
    @Romantic_Guy vs @EvilDingoRobot
    @Cheezeburgar vs @NAVIDAD PIRATE
    @DracoNova vs @HSOWA
    @Hurricane vs @La.Neptune

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
Moderators: Duster