1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Other] Side Metagames Mega Thread

Discussion in 'Gen 7 Side Metagames' started by sulcata, Nov 19, 2016.

Moderators: TraceofLife
  1. sulcata

sulcata cory is #1 bae Tier Leader Server Administrator Tier Leader Server Administrator

Currently gen 7 is not yet running on the main server. Once it is we'll have Monotype, Monogen, 3v3 Singles, 1v1, and Middle Cup.

Additionally @TraceofLife will be in charge of Hackmons and Balanced Hackmons (and any variations thereof).

Tier lists will be edited in as time goes on. Monogen, 3v3 Singles, and 1v1 will likely start with OU's banlist, possibly Monotype as well.

http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/35084/
    Non-Hackmons metagames will likely use the initial OU banlists with possibly a few additions. They will be inheriting the same clauses which are inherited by Ubers, OU, LC, etc.
    Hackmons and Balanced Hackmons will have their own initial ban lists and clauses.

Consider this a place to ask simple questions and to keep track of the overall state of the side metagames.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
    Joyverse likes this.
  2. 9898

9898 New Member

Flying monotype is getting a great addition with Celesteela and Talonflame being unbanned.

Mono rock has a great special attacker now with Nihilego.

Expecting pheromosa to be quick banned from monotype

3. Joyverse

Joyverse Buon Giorno! Forum Moderator Articles Leader Forum Moderator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Aye fren, fyi, Talonflame wasn't even suspected back in Gen6 in PO. However, while I may be underestimating it this gen, Talonflame might not stand out as much it did in the gen especially due to the nerf of Gale Wings. Celesteela however is an awesome addition.

Another Pokemon probably worth mentioning is Kartana is Grass. Grass has a received a worthy nukey Pokemon tbh. It might be even be suspected in the future, who knows?

As for Pheromosa, I am expecting the same.

Another few things I wanted to discuss here.

1. Hey @sulcata can I host an introductory Gen7 Monotype tour in here please? Perhaps you can help me by co-hosting as well?

2)Can we introduce Monotype Ubers this gen? You would obviously bring up the issue of a low playerbase. But it could definitely be worth having as an alternative to standard Monotype.

4. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett Gen 7 but every time PO crashes it gets faster Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    Even though there isn't an Inver trainer in gen 7, I think it would still be cool to have Inverted Battle as a side meta. If it's implemented should probably just have SM OU ban list + Eevium Z and Snorlax.

5. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange I'm wild. Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    AO / Zelda
    I want invert to stay and will gladly test to see whats broken or not this generation. I'd also love to see a monocolour return

6. Funbot28

Funbot28 Active Member

I pitched in the idea of a STABmons mets game lay generation and I find it would be perfect to add this gen.

7. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange I'm wild. Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    AO / Zelda
    metronome to stay too. finally get a tspike absorber in gengar + cursed body. also maybe allow normalium z because you can only use it on one pokemon and z metronome uses the z move for the move metronome picks. I think it's a good way to put some of the new things to use since no new pokemon got metronome.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    willdbeast likes this.
  8. sulcata

sulcata cory is #1 bae Tier Leader Server Administrator Tier Leader Server Administrator

Feel free @Joyverse. I'm not active enough to co-host though.

edit: no monotype ubers. probably no inverted, nobody played it last gen when it was a new thing. balanced play styles suffered quite a bit and made it a bit irritating to play, which in my opinion is why it did so poorly

also talonflame never was banned and probably never will be with the gale wings nerf and new mons.

9. チャンピオンワタル

チャンピオンワタル HYPER BEAM!

PO Trainer Name:
    【天龍神】 ワタル
    I would like SM Anything Goes to be added as a Side Metagame. Unlike in ORAS Anything Goes on Pokémon Online, I'd like SM Anything Goes to have Team Preview, like on Pokémon Showdown! (come to think of it, why did ORAS Anything Goes on Pokémon Online not have Team Preview anyway?).

Also, I would like to see Almost Any Ability added as a Side Metagame as well, albeit I feel that numerous bans and suspect tests would need to take place in order to make that metagame balanced (based on the current Smogon rules for that metagame).

Funbot28 likes this.
  10. fsk

fsk Hackmon Pedant Server Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    ORAS Anything Goes had no clause at all, which was made in error, and so little serious players actually played this tier that the clause was fixed only a week ago, at the introduction of gen 7. Now ORAS Anything goes is replaced by SM Anything goes, with the correct clauses.

Moderators: TraceofLife