1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[NOC] Stuff We Like Mafia - Game Over - Mafia win : )

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by dopog, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    well good thing you didnt. im town and may have a link up which is progress. its worth keeping me in

2. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett TFT Main Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    the game ended lol

NAVIDAD PIRATE likes this.
  3. Jalmont

Jalmont nothere

gg guys the mafia were just too good for us

4. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar dankest john

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    inb4 vote bomb

5. willdbeast

willdbeast All round nice guy

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    Gg guys and merry Christmas!

6. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    don't worry everyone, AO is so good at Mafia he can win even when all the other villagers have been lynched

which explains a lot of his strategy xdd

willdbeast likes this.
  7. willdbeast

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    That's true, but only where there are no mafia

8. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    everyone deserves their own whereabouts unknown

9. dopog

dopog

Hey hey : )

that's game.
    Veteran Padgett was town.

town will be outnumbered by mafia and cannot prevent a mafia win, therefore;

Duster / Cheezeburgar / willdbeast win
    There were the Stuff we Don't Like

Will have a [brief] postgame sometime after this week. It was an... interesting game to say something of it.

I think we have a lot to learn about how to play forum mafia. The chief thing being that you have to produce more posts with real stances on whether the other players are town / mafia in order to generate a read on others, not just voting someone for no reason or relying on pr's (which were very weak in this game). That's were forum mafia deviates from server mafia. if people are willing, I can run another (perhaps smaller game) so that we can get the hang of things and improve our play : )

anyway : )
    Bye for now, should be back later

willdbeast likes this.
  10. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    :)

I said in the dead chat, but in this game 1 Mafian did nothing but pile on votes on the first person voted (and got away with it), another Mafian was actually afk all game and by the time they were replaced the Mafia just about sealed the deal, and the last Mafian was the first person to make a content post of actual scumreads (and kind of the last?).

So, Mafia produced more scumreads than this town, the only 2 town players that were actually good at creating conversation got lynched, while players that were afk or clearly obstructing town were ignored. Was a Mafian even voted this game??

11. Whereabouts Unknown

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    Turns out yes, Mafians were voted 3 times. THREE TIMES. It gets better.

- First time was me voting Cheeze day 1, but that was because of johning sheep results
    - One time was Duster voting Marquis?? You don't need to bus when town is bussing already rofl
    - And the last time was pretty much the only good one, Vet voting Cheeze day 3 lol.

12. willdbeast

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    Either my afk alterego and company were so skilled at beautifully manipulating opinions that the town never stood a chance or we should collectively quit mafia.

Also I love how 1/3 of the votes for mafia were by mafia. Next game try an rng it might work better xD