1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Main PO Server has moved hosts!, Guest!

The new advanced connection for the official Pokémon Online server is 137.74.231.216:5080. No other IP addresses other than those listed in this announcement are for the main official server.

Dismiss Notice

[SM OU] Extraterrestrial

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Annoying Orange, Dec 12, 2016.

Tags:
Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange Pink is the only true rock & roll colour. Social Media Rep Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    [​IMG]

Hello. This is my first Sun & Moon OU team. Now before I explain everything, this team went through a lot of changes to get to where I was satisfied with it. Of course, as the metagame develops more, I may change it again. Anyways, since I first saw Celesteela, it has became one of my favorite Pokemon. It's a giant metalic space beast with very nice stats along with an amazing typing. I wanted to make a team around it and fortunately it was great in the current metagame. This team hasn't peaked extremely high or anything yet as I've only got up to the 1500s on a couple alts, but not every team has to peak top 10 to be shared. Now I wanted to make this team somewhat bulky, but put a couple sweepers on it. After many adjustments, this is what I came up with.
    [​IMG]
    THE TEAM
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all shitty ms paint art by yours truly
    [​IMG]

Celesteela @ Shed Shell
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    - Flamethrower
    - Heavy Slam
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect

Now there's a couple ways you can use Celesteela, thanks to its high balanced stats. I chose to run a specially bulky Celesteela as it takes on the Physically bulky variant better. It can also switch in on things like Tapu Lele and Alakazam which is very important for my team. I chose to give it Shed Shell as it can switch out from Magnezone into Marowak then you go on from there as to what support Marowak is going to give. Leech Seed helps a lot with the main focus of the team; lowering the opposing team's HP down to help enable a safe sweep. The combination of Leech Seed and Protect is nothing new. It helps Celesteela gain HP while also lowering the foe's. You can run this with Leftovers but be very aware of Magnezone.

[​IMG]
    Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
    Ability: Electric Surge
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Calm Mind
    - Dazzling Gleam

I'm using Tapu Koko as my special sweeper because of it's amazing ability that powers up its Electric moves. With a boost or two, even special walls won't be enjoying a Thunderbolt. HP ground is for things like Alolan Marowak and Magnezone which are common switchins to this Pokemon.
    +1 252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Marowak-Alola: 250-294 (95.7 - 112.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
    Dazzling Gleam is a nice STAB move. Unfortunately Tapu Koko doesn't learn Moonblast, so this is my answer to dragons. HP Ice is optional over Ground but I prefer this as the coverage.

[​IMG]
    Garchomp @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Fire Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw

I chose Garchomp because it has always been a nice physical attacker. I used Garchomp to set Stealth Rocks earlier but I needed a little more offense. Garchomp still outspeeds a lot of Pokemon this generation that aren't holding a Choice Scarf. The Pokemon that outspeed it are mostly covered by other Pokemon on the team. Fire Fang covers the Grass/bug types that resist Earthquake. If I went with Poison Jab for the Fairies, any levitating or Flying/Steel Pokemon completely wall Garchomp. I went with Lum because most Toxapex or other water Pokemon scald you until they get a burn. The other two moves were obvious. Strong dual STAB moves with great coverage are almost always necessary on Garchomp.

[​IMG]
    Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
    Ability: Misty Surge
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Defog
    - Scald
    - Moonblast
    - Haze

Now I needed some physical bulk. First, Tapu Fini is not only bulky, but it has an amazing type combo and defog! Tapu Fini is an amazing swichin to dragon and fire Pokemon thanks to its bulk and great typing. I know Scald doesn't burn grounded Pokemon in Misty Terrain, but it's better over Surf because we can still burn other Pokemon. Also, Misty Terrain won't always be up. It can burn Tapu Bulu upon switching in. Haze is of course to stop Pokemon from setting up and Moonblast is for strong STAB coverage. Unfortunately Tapu Fini gets no recovery other than leftovers and Rest, which it can't use in Misty Terrain. However that is what we have our two seeders for. That brings me to my second physically bulky Pokemon.

[​IMG]
    Venusaur @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Leech Seed
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb

Venusaur is a nice Pokemon this generation. This can switch into most Tapu Bulu without much of a risk. It's also very useful since a lot of other people are using Celesteela and Tapu Fini. This isn't the best option to switch into Tapu Koko on the team but it can take two non-invested Life Orb Brave Birds. Venusaur is also our second Leech Seed user because any chip damage is important on the opponent's team. Sleep Powder is to put a possible threat or really whatever is in asleep which is usually a momentum boost. Sludge Bomb is very helpful for the amount of Fairy Pokemon running around now and Giga Drain is STAB recovery. You can run Synthesis but I've found Giga Drain more useful for me.

[​IMG]
    Marowak-Alola @ Leftovers
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Punch

Of course if I have a team that relies on residual damage, I'm still going to have Stealth Rocks. Fast hazards aren't really a necessity with this team. Marowak not only can set up rocks, it can fire off Will-O-Wisps quite often as it switches into common things such as Magnezone or Tapu Koko. If your opponent has a Tapu Fini to switch into I'd opt to always prioritize using Knock Off over Wisp on switch-ins. Knocking off things such as Choice or recovery items is very beneficial to this team. Fire Punch will still hit things like Ferrothorn and Scizor without the Thick Club. It can also easily get up Rocks vs things like Magnezone and lead Necrozma. Marowak Pair really well with Celesteela because Celesteela has the Shed Shell and Marowak kept its Electric Immunity this generation and gained an amazing type combination.

[​IMG]
    IMPORTABLE
    Celesteela @ Shed Shell
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    - Flamethrower
    - Heavy Slam
    - Leech Seed
    - Protect
    Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
    Ability: Electric Surge
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Hidden Power [Ground]
    - Calm Mind
    - Dazzling Gleam
    Garchomp @ Lum Berry
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Fire Fang
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
    Ability: Misty Surge
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Defog
    - Scald
    - Moonblast
    - Haze
    Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Overgrow
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Leech Seed
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    Marowak-Alola @ Leftovers
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Punch

[​IMG]

With every team, there are flaws. The biggest issue I've had is Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp missing more than it seems like it should. I had problems with Alakazam until I got the team to what it is now. Tapu Lele and Manaphy can be an issue if not played right. Other than those, no Ultra Beast has been an issue. Landorus-I was a major issue to this team and was on it at one point. Fortunately it was quick banned. It's a really simple team with a few basic Pokemon but to me, it's really fun to use. Like it, rate it, etc because this RMT took me forever. Knife.
    ~ao

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  2. gengar17

gengar17 someone turn this victini into gengar Tier Leader Tier Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    [TR]gengar17
    ok so the concept of the team looks cool and it looked good on preview at first glance, however digging into the team there was some huge flaws that i noticed, in order of pokemon:
    1- garchomp: this garchomp really bugs me because it has little to no immediate fire power, not ur sr setter, it's just a sd user that is supposedly trying to break teams or try to sweep while only having 102 base speed and 1 powerful move off the bat. fire fang and dclaw coupled with a lum berry is seriously underwhelming, especially if you have a tapu fini that blocks status for u which just doubling from fini to chomp essentially makes it a switch in to all status pokemon (talkin about chomper). lum without outrage when u have a misty terrain pokemon is really hurting your offensive capabilities.
    What i can recommend however is that you change the item on chomp to either yache berry, salac berry with sub, or groundium z / dragonium z so u can actuaally power through things, and be more ballsy when it comes to using misty terrain to ur advantage.

2- tapu fini: your team has an insane lack of steel answers due to the nature of the other pokemon, ferrothorn effectively being able to set up whatever it wants on half the team, and heatran on the other half, really only chomp can take care of them for u. So my suggestion is you replace haze with taunt, which makes it really really annoying for opposing ferrothorn and heatran to keep hazards up vs u, it also stops people from setting up, you could give it a lot more speed to outspeed up to adamant mimikyu which i chose to do, in exchange of a lot of bulk though. however i guarantee you'll make a number of steel pokemon ragequit.

3- venusaur: so lets say u dont wanna change tapu fini, you have fini and for some reason venusaur that have no reliable recovery and yet you allow hazard setters to freely set up on u and wear you down, it's not giga drain that is supposed to be interchangeable with synthesis, it's leech seed. also for some reason venusaur is apparently your tapu fini partner and yet it cant sleep powder when you have not one, BUT TWO tapus whose abilities prevent sleep. i recommend getting rid of that move immediately and replace it with hp fire or synthesis.

4- LEFTIES MAROWAK: use sash dugtrio it literally does the same thing but it's faster, hits harder, isnt pursuitable sets up rocks and removes heatran, AND actually removes magnezone for you, while your marowak does jackshit it just invites tran to set up rocks vs you AGAIN. that's a lot of status for a team with tapu fini and if there's an opposing fini too that's a lot of ur team not doing anything.

some weaknesses that i noticed about the team in general: tbolt tapu lele which is getting super common, severe lack of charizard y answers, lack of marowak switchins since ur team doesnt have reliable recovery, lack of steel answers as i said above, offensive lando-t which is becoming really popular with z moves, some of them even running knock which severely limits the recovery of many of ur pokemon, some variants of boltbeam megagross, band bulu with simply stone edge that will chip ur celesteela/venusaur and they dont have reliable recovery (potential 2hko on celes) and 3hko on saur. And of course, band zydog that doesnt care about your only ground resist and loves to chip on the tapu/saur that dont have reliable recovery.
    hope i helped!

Annoying Orange likes this.
  3. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange Pink is the only true rock & roll colour. Social Media Rep Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    thanks for the advice, I will try dugtrio over marowak. I may try that with LO or Z-move chomp over Lum.
    Sleep Powder with Venusaur hasn't really been an issue, but recovery can sometimes so I will try using Synthesis again with the changes. As for Tapu Fini, haze has been helping out a lot vs set up mons really so I'll see what I can do about that.
    Thanks for the rate & imput :)

4. Sakuya Izayoi

Sakuya Izayoi love to hate

man u have a tendency of coming up with rly passive builds that cant break fat teams at all

i agree with gengar17's comments on whats lacking on ur team but not rly on his suggestions on improving ur team. ur main problem here is that while on paper is not that passive of a team, u still have 0 way of winning vs bulkier builds cuz simply u dont have a strong breaker. sd chomper is ok but sd dclaw rly doesnt cut it and u still lose to every unaware user anyway so prob not the best option for this team.

to remedy this, would suggest sdef zygarde with coil/sub/thousand arrows/toxic. u still keep the defensive presence of a fat ground but now u also gain a significantly stronger option vs fatter builds; stall literally cant touch u and u have so many opportunities of just coming in for free and setting up a sub and just winning from that point on. toxic is kinda cool for tapu bulu and unaware clef/quag and mono stab in thousand arrows is good enough to run through teams. also u fuck ferro with it. dugtrio is ok as it improves ur offense matchup but its kinda deadweight v stall apart from trapping a heavily weakened chansey/toxapex and stall can prob still win without them anyway given how passive it is.

gengar17 suggested taunt on tapu fini which is ok but i think u would benefit more from icium + haze cuz it gives u a full recovery back iirc which is ridic good and makes fini a pain in the ass to deal with. u alr have leech seed support from celeesteela to regain back health but a full hp recovery may still help u out in a pinch.

lol yea u need synthesis on mvenu, leech seed on it is garbage and passive recovery, also max satk is the best spread

heatran over marowak is prob the better option cuz its a more solid gene check. u do trade it for a lack of electric immunity but lets be honest here which electric actually beats mvenusaur lol so why do u need marowak in the first place is kinda beyond me. ur team alr checks what marowak does. heatran still brings sr support for the team so it p much fulfills what marowak does. sure ur now more vulnerable to dugtrio but i mean u do get a ton more defensive utility out of it and u also have a secondary option of dealing with zard x with epower. prob will run sr/toxic/plume/epower on it based on ur team. o yea u also get a bit more of a chance vs tapu lele so thats cool i guess, zard y weakness is kinda fixed by zygarde too.

yer its a cookie cutter tapu fini+mvenusaur+heatran team but its cookie cutter for a reason - its good lol

is there a 500 word limit cuz i cant type more comments but w/e

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
Moderators: Edna, fsk