1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Approved] sun & moon draft league

Discussion in 'Tournament Applications' started by Annoying Orange, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    I'm wanting to do basically a draft league where people snake draft pokemon (maybe 12ish or more pokemon) then they all battle eachother throughout the rounds which are likely going to be every week. Someone may sub in if they plan on missing a week but will take over that team. (undecided, thought about letting 2 people be on each team & working together but of course only one battler from each team battles each other) The top 8 teams will go to the playoffs & face each other. the 4 with the best records after that go to the semis, where there will only be 2 battles. The winners go to the finals.

Jethalal likes this.
  2. gengar17

gengar17 someone turn this nothing into gengar

yea on paper this is a really great and fun idea but it's HIGHLY unlikely it will work due to a sharp drop in interest of the participants a few weeks in, ive been part of a bunch of those during gen 6 and they barely ever get to playoffs, many people drop out which is always problematic, and setting a time for the draft is the biggest headache if you want to make it legit and have everyone participate.
    See trace's survivor forum game, it will be the same but draft league requires a lot more effort.

3. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    I plan on (if it were to get through) to put the effort it takes plus probably get someone to host with me

4. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    these are actually really cool
    count me in if you host

5. gengar17

gengar17 someone turn this nothing into gengar

trust me ao im sure u are way more than capable of hosting, the problem will come from the unwillingness of the participants to build/play on time

6. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    well, we'll see ig. maybe sumo being here will motivate or get people more into something like this. ps mains can also be a part. I'll of course make note of only joining if you plan on being in a lengthy league etc

Jethalal and gengar17 like this.