1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[OC] Make Your Own Mafia - Signups!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Pangaea, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Pangaea

Pangaea resto en peaco

stole this from a smogon thread (with some tweaks)
    ~~~
    Once upon a time, there was peace in PO Forum Games.

That time was when it had zero posts.

Since it was thrust into existence, there has been rage. The forum was built in a salt mine.

"You're the worst host ever" "My team sucked" "Mafias were OP" "You call this balance?!" "Terrible game terrible host" "Stfu" "Should've been abandoned" "This game doesn't exist" "Never host again" "Village was doomed from N0"

On and on, the incessant din of disgruntled players fuming against their thankless hosts.

That was it. The final straw.

A solution had to be found. How could we continue having games if every host is the worst ever at balancing them?!

You think the hosts are so bad at designing games? Why don't YOU try it?!

That's right, YOU. Send me a role and I'll put it in the game. Then when your role/team/game is gimped, well, don't blame me!

Let's get ready to have some FUN.

RULES

ROLE CREATION:
    In this game, YOU pick the roles! Every player will PM me a role on the forums when they sign up. THIS WILL NOT BE YOUR ROLE, BUT IT WILL BE IN THE GAME. You may make this role anything you like and can specify its role name, faction, how often it can happen, etc. It may be as complex or simple as you like. If you send in something like "hooker" I will assign it to a faction based on the other roles on the team (IE no team should have 5 hookers and the rest none). I reserve the right to balance or modify roles submitted to make sure they are all in line with each other power-wise.

You may get as detailed and creative or as simple as you like. Including the faction you want the role to be is not mandatory unless you particularly want to see it as a village or mafia role. The more unusual the role, the better!

The players will be RNGed to roles so you likely will not get your own.

In addition to this, while you can specify what faction you want your role to be on, this is NOT a guarantee. If I get too many mafia roles or too many neutral/solo roles, I will have to switch some things around.

NOT PERMITTED ROLES:
    - Silencers or kidnappers who prevent the target from posting in the thread (vote negation is ok but inability to post is not)
    - Roles that can never die/be killed or are otherwise immune/broken in some way
    - Post restrictors
    - Lynchpins since the village will not be designed or balanced around a split
    - "Vanilla" roles with no night action or nothing to do since they are boring

NEUTRAL CLAUSE:
    If a role is submitted as a neutral, it will be a neutral. I will not be making any roles submitted without a faction attached into neutrals. So basically if you want your role to be alone or neutral, specify!!

SIDE COMPETITION:
    After the game ends, I'll reveal all of the roles and who submitted them. Everyone will then vote for which role they thought was the funniest/best/most creative. The person with the most votes will also be included as a winner.

GENERAL GAME RULES:
    This will be a day/night game beginning on Night 0. Nights will last 48 hours, Days will last 48 hours to allow for people to post in. This is an OC game and you are welcome to discuss it beyond the confines of the game thread.

- You may NOT paste any part of your Role PM, you may NOT make any screenshots of the conversation, you may NOT invite anyone to your Role PM conversation.
    - You may tell people about your role but again, you can't C/P things. This means no fakes are needed.
    - If you have an information role, the only thing you may C/P from your result is the WC. You may summarize the info you got from your role but you cannot C/P a full role PM when nobody could counter it.

Submit all actions in your Role PM conversation as a new reply. No need for a new convo for each night.

Lynches are every day, please bold your vote, format anything user. Ties will result in a no lynch. The day will end after the set deadline or after a majority that cannot be contested on any one USER and all living players have posted.

I do not give extensions for inactivity or idling scrubs, the only reason an update would be delayed is if something came up irl for me.

No kills on N0. After that, expect anything.

There will be one village and two mafias (with maybe a couple of lone roles) unless the game size becomes so large I could feasibly do a third mafia.

The playerlist will be RNGed so you will NOT be getting your own role unless the RNG blesses you. You may request to be village or mafia if you have a strong preference, but beyond that, you cannot submit an OP role and expect to get it to boost yourself.

(This is an open concept game so there is no limit on the number of players! As many roles as I am sent, I can put into the game that many players)

This game will begin once I have a feasible amount of submissions after signups are posted. You have until then to sign up and PM me a role and PR for me to follow if you choose. IT IS MANDATORY TO PM ME A ROLE IF YOU WANT INTO THE GAME. However you will have until the game starts to send it so feel free to take your time.

Be sure to PM me the role on PO Forums. I will be happy to discuss the role with you on PO, though only before its final incarnation is submitted. I also reserve the right to change it based on the power level of the rest of the roles submitted.

DO NOT SHARE THE ROLE YOU SENT! If your role gets put on village but you told someone who gets put on mafia, that might be bad!

Sign ups are open now. Have fun and hopefully we get some creative submissions! And since this is being posted on Christmas, happy holidays!

hi i want to make a role for your game

my role is called mafia noob and this is what it can do:

during the night it PMs the host /afk [player]. this will distract the target, but they will not know they were distracted. this will also silent their vote for the next day, making it zero. again, they won't know about this, but i can only target the same player once during the game.

Because mafia noobs suck so much, if anyone tries to protect him he will die.

If the mafia noob is voted off, he automatically is revived and is given a new role by random and will join whatever side that role is on.

mafia noob should be on his own team. he wins by himself if everyone else dies, or if whatever team he joins also wins.

2. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
  3. ajhockeystar

ajhockeystar Proud Canadian

PO Trainer Name:
    ajhockeystar
  4. willdbeast

willdbeast All round nice guy

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    In (to annoy WU with my noobiness)

5. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
  6. meeps

meeps Well-Known Member

PO Trainer Name:
    meeps
    mEEPS PLAY FITE

the MAFIA stand no chance

7. Whereabouts Unknown

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    if meeps is mafia lol!

8. willdbeast

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    I couldn't see a date for signups ending. Am I just being an idiot and not reading properly or is it open until it looks like everyone who's going to join has done?

9. Pangaea

Pangaea resto en peaco

Signups will close before the New Year

willdbeast likes this.
  10. dopog

dopog

We should tag some people to target them! This could be a fun game with 10 or so : )

11. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
  12. Pangaea

Pangaea resto en peaco

yeah I'll extend the signups for a couple more days, I think a few more people may be signing up

13. Fiery Espeon

Fiery Espeon The fire never bothered me anyway ~

PO Trainer Name:
    Fiery Espeon
  14. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar supreme mafia admiral

PO Trainer Name:
    Sauce Castillo
  15. willdbeast

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    Start when?

16. willdbeast

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    *Couple of weeks
    @Pangaea pls say something

Apologies for the double post but I think it is justified.

17. Pangaea

Pangaea resto en peaco

I didn't get everyone's roles

willdbeast likes this.
  18. Whereabouts Unknown

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    Make them villagers y/y

Alternatively give them garbage roles to compensate for all the broken roles that've been submitted so far

willdbeast likes this.