1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Android Gen 7 minor bugs

Discussion in 'Android Bugs' started by JoyFrost, Jan 4, 2017.

1. JoyFrost

JoyFrost I wasn't built to break~ Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    Thread to group android bugs together to keep track of every bugs without repeated reports.

(12:42:33) Veteran Padgett: annoying to keep track of everything in general and also to know if another developer finished it yet

--- Post updated ---
    Teambuilder crash on Moto G4 Plus running Android 7.0
    O9l2ZPL.png

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
  2. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov
    Same thing here. Also android 7.
    It crashes when I try to save a team

EDIT: fixed with next client update ~turbedi

3. fsk

fsk Kept Hacking Tier Leader Server Moderator Tour Director Tier Leader Server Moderator Tour Director

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    it is reported that 2.7.0 droid cannot change gen in teambuilder to any old gen, even if they try to they are just sent back to sm
    unable to really reproduce the bug

ditto on droid now has the same bugs as webclient: it doesnt show u the moves' name leaving it 3 blanks and 1 "transform", although they are actually there and u can use them by just clicking blank
    http://imgur.com/a/QsXtq
    fixed by VeteranPadgett

When u choose hidden power type on droid, its type is correct when dealing damage, but it is shown in error.(hidden power ground no effect on flying, but shown as dark.
    http://imgur.com/a/BQxEA
    Fixed by MidwayMarshall

a lot of Chinese move message missing, like http://imgur.com/a/ojUIw giga impact and lazer doesnt show the translation for xxx must recharge, while the translation is in the file.

https://github.com/po-devs/android-...93feb9acf1637b0e91b936afbb6449c2?diff=unified

the file is c/ped from the windows client

and this missing message issue is a droid only issue, PC Chinese messages work just fine.
    tagging @turbedi since I find that none of the move_message.txt shows if you choose localized names. There could be a file other than that (a file that registers the path to call effect under localize languages) needing an update to let this really work.
    Unable to find the real cause for now.

In Chinese droid environment XXX is confused is now shown as XXX hits oneself independent of whether it actually hits itself. I don't know which file I should edit.
    http://imgur.com/a/QU2Mj
    fixed by turbedi.

pelliper drizzle and zygarde signature moves added to droid or no?

Alolan movepool has been updated on PC client, checking if it is on droid

Fixed by VP

Fixed by VP

Some of the pokemons are searchable using localized names while others are searchable using English names. And some can't be searchable in either languages.
    http://imgur.com/a/d0EA6
    fixed by @MidwayMarshall

In general this is an old bug, HP not shown correctly according to Poison/Burn status damage if status is inflicted this turn, e.g. Sacred Fire, or Gastro Acid on Poison Heal. The HP bar does not update these damage and true HP can be only seen in the place u change mons.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  4. JoyFrost

JoyFrost I wasn't built to break~ Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep Forum Moderator Server Administrator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    Spelling error and message error (probably) showing up "hurt himself in its confusion" instead of "the foe's Phantump is confused" or w/e (I asked my opponent if he hits himself, he said he didnt so probably android bug)
    PicsArt_01-04-04.32.46.jpg
    Addition screenshot
    _20170104_163917.JPG

EDIT: fixed with next client update ~turbedi

--- Post updated ---
    Regarding this:
    I can freely choose my generation and I haven't encountered any errors yet.
    _20170104_164819.JPG

5. fsk

fsk Kept Hacking Tier Leader Server Moderator Tour Director Tier Leader Server Moderator Tour Director

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk

Doy's picture corrects this to be not only Chinese, but all droid may have "is confused" and "hits oneself" message messed up.

On the Chinese forums a lot people meat the save team crash problem has the isssue like that of Casparov and Doy's. All people having the problem is on Android System 7.0 or 7.1, and it seems it is solved if used a different operating system. So this could be a compatibility issue.

EDIT: Fixed with the next client update ~turbedi

6. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Not very important, but it seems that <background color="red"> tags are not working on Android (regardless of color used).

7. JoyFrost

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
  8. Zoroark

Zoroark TIME TO END THIS Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Weird, it should have the "Accept" and "Cancel" options there. Mine does, at least. Installation issues maybe?

9. turbedi

turbedi Professional circle clicker ~~~ Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    Maybe his screen was too small and he didn't scroll down? .-.

Zoroark likes this.
  10. Zoroark

Zoroark TIME TO END THIS Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Yeah this has been seen before, if I'm not wrong it requires a server restart because for some reason the server doesn't read the HP information the client is sending (not sure if I remember that right lol) but somewhat goes like that.

11. JoyFrost

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    I guess this is just CC dark gem bug. I tried reproducing the bug by using dark gem but it works perfectly. I tried using Kee and Ganlon berry for possible item description error, but they work fine as well.
    _20170108_201909.JPG
    _20170108_201811.JPG

12. fsk

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    That is rather strange......Is there any terrain that is up....?

13. JoyFrost

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    Nope, my only alolan pokemon is alo sandshrew and he has none.

14. Zoroark

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    When spectating a battle, if none of the players have made a move, it's not possible to send a Battle Chat message.

15. JoyFrost

PO Trainer Name:
    JoyFrost
    Just a little update on HP bug
    I was using ORAS generation ( CC 1v1)
    It seems fine.
    _20170111_202005.JPG

16. turbedi

turbedi Professional circle clicker ~~~ Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    It only happens in Gen 7 battles. The server sends the Hidden Power type to the users in Gen 7, because you can't just calculate the type from the IVs anymore. Android doesn't read the information yet, but it is fixed with the next client update.

JoyFrost likes this.
  17. MidwayMarshall

MidwayMarshall woof Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

I've never been able to reproduce this health point bug

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  18. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov

@turbedi any news on the update? It's been 2 months now and I still can't play on PO.

RoxasW19 likes this.
  19. anibal cardenas

anibal cardenas мιиιиσ

PO Trainer Name:
    Minino
    @turbedi so I've been waiting for 2.7.1 to come out, Im kinda tired of playing at PS, Do we have any guide that can help me out build my own apo trugh github?

20. Scizor

Scizor New Member

Keyboard lags after typing something and pressing enter. So the typed word appears on screen only after a few seconds. Android 7.1.2. Latest po app version