1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Main PO Server has moved hosts!, Guest!

The new advanced connection for the official Pokémon Online server is 137.74.231.216:5080. No other IP addresses other than those listed in this announcement are for the main official server.

Dismiss Notice

v2.7.0 released, with Generation 7!

Discussion in 'News' started by Professor Oak, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    We finally have a beta Generation 7 client released for Windows and Android!

Main features in changelog:
    • Generation 7 Pokémon added, including Alolan formes.
    • Generation 7 moves and mechanics added, including Z-moves.
    • Generation 7 items added, including Z-Crystals.
    • Updated some translations.
    • Unreleased 2.6.3 Windows features transferred over, including Open Teambuilder button, Music/Cries fix and Damage Calculator improvements.
    • Flashes should now work on Windows (again).
    • A multitude of other bug fixes, see the Github changelog for more details.

Our Downloads page has been updated with the latest clients, but direct links can be found here:

Windows:
    https://github.com/po-devs/pokemon-online/releases/download/2.7.0/Pokemon-Online-2.7.0-Setup.exe

Android:
    https://github.com/po-devs/android-client/releases/download/2.7.0/PO-android-client-2.7.0.apk

(Note: If the Android client update does not work, you may need to uninstall the previous version. You will lose all of your teams if you do this, however. We recommended loaded each team, coming onto the server, and using the /importable command to get a raw importable you can use after updating. However, you will need to do this with every team you wish to still have saved, and each importable only remains for 24 hours. We are not currently aware of a faster method of doing this, so if you know of one, please post as such in this thread. Sorry for any inconvenience.)

(Note 2: If your Android phone is rooted, you can find your team files in the root folder root/android/data/ and then looking for a folder called "podevs" or "podevs-android-client" or something similar to that. You can then find the team .xml files there. You will need a PC to move and remove the files, but this will be quicker than repeatedly using the /importable command.)

Currently, our released clients are only in Beta, so there will be a few bugs that require updating. Please report any bugs in the Bugs & Fixes subforum.

We do not have an active Mac developer currently, so it may be a short while before a Mac client is released. Additionally, the Webclient beta will not be updated with Generation 7 mechanics for a while. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Pumone, Rabidragon, E.T. and 8 others like this.
  2. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    Copying the teams folder from the PO folder doesn't work?

Oh wait duh, that's for android, although that could be clearer :D

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  3. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    It does

4. Rabidragon

Rabidragon Sakura's pet in Liga America

PO Trainer Name:
    Rabīdoragon
    I know everything is still in beta and that a lot of things are still in the works, but i have a quick question:

In our private servers we are experiencing a few bugs in the battles, specifically with some z moves that dont consume the crystal and can be used multiple times, however in the main server they work without problems, so my question is if the beta server is currently running with a custom/fixed version of the battleserver that wasnt included in this release or if those problems were solved with additional scripts?

(I know that my question fits more in the bugs forum but i wanted to ask first if we had an unstable version of the battleserver or if we genuinely have a bug)

Thanks

5. turbedi

turbedi Professional circle clicker ~~~ Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    The official server uses the current master branch on Github that includes all the fixes that have been done after the 2.7.0 release. You can either build your own client from the master branch or wait until we release a new client that includes the fixes made recently (should take about 2 or 3 days, we want to fix as many remaining bugs as possible before we release the new client)

Rabidragon likes this.
  6. Rabidragon

Rabidragon Sakura's pet in Liga America

PO Trainer Name:
    Rabīdoragon
    Ohh, perfect, the information was really useful, thanks for the reply, and keep up the excellent work

7. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I've specified that it is for the Android client in both of the additional notes. This should help to clear things up.

Yay for rushing to do things cos you've been gone for a while.

8. Felasmiguel

Felasmiguel New Member

Android 7.0 is not compatible with this version. It crashes when you save in the teambuilder.

9. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    tagging @MidwayMarshall @turbedi so they are aware of this information

10. turbedi

turbedi Professional circle clicker ~~~ Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    Already reported and fixed with the next client update

11. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov
    Is there any chance I can get the update beforehand? Only thing I can now play is challenge cup and that kinda sucks.

12. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    If you're able to compile the client and make it yourself via Github, you should be able to do this, I believe. Instructions on how to do that can be found on Github or in the Development section. Alternatively, an updated release shouldn't be too far away.

13. Binix

Binix work drugs

Was webclient updated?

14. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Yes. It is still being developed, so you can't use Z-Moves yet, but it does have Gen 7.

sansmongames likes this.
  15. Duster

Duster drop bear Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

fsk likes this.
  16. fsk

fsk Kept hacking Tier Leader Server Moderator Tier Leader Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    Thx for the client!!!
    and btw, I forgot to test, the hidden power picker is not working.....
    As the introduction of super training in game, you should be able to pick any hidden power type without losing IVs as long as the pokemon is LV 100. This is working on windows, though....

17. Champion Alfred

Champion Alfred New Member

Glad to see Alola coming to Pokemon Online! keep up the amazing job, folks.

Zoroark likes this.
  18. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    To clarify, the hyper training only applies to Pokemon at Level 100, so it doesn't apply to LC. The LC bit hasn't been fixed for Windows yet (it still applies the hyper training), but it is something that is being worked on.

19. fsk

fsk Kept hacking Tier Leader Server Moderator Tier Leader Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    Also clarifying:
    On Mac the Hidder Power picker doesn't work at all.
    On PC, it works on all mons, which should only work on Level 100 mons. (Actually there was LV99 extreme anti-meta slow pivoting so it is relevant for all tiers) And this issue is being worked on.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  20. turbedi

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    @Veteran Padgett can you look into it? I assume that your recent HP choice PR might have broken it

21. Winston

Winston New Member

how exciting for us pokemon fans :>

when are we expected to get AR battles :D

22. turbedi

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    @fsk I've pushed a commit that fixed the HP selection for Gen 7, so we are ready for the 2.7.1.1 release I guess. Gonna start building the client today, but not sure if I have enough time to finish it. If not, the new client will be released tomorrow.

Zoroark and fsk like this.