1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

[SM OU] SM OU: The beginning (ranked #1)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Edna, Jan 7, 2017.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Edna

Edna I'm like Cinderella with an umbrella Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Hey there, this is my first SM OU RMT, it's more like a showcase of a team that allowed me to top rank 1 in PO server ( http://imgur.com/a/5UfIM) . It's actually more suited to Showdown metagame due to the fact Landorus and Aegislash are banned there. Nevertheless, it still worked for me. I hope you enjoy the team and recommand me other stuff so we can improve it.

Here's the team:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Psychic Surge
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psychic
    - Moonblast
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Thunderbolt​

I first wanted to build a team around Tapu Lele, because it's a very fun pokemon to use, all you need is spamming Psychic whenever you need to clean the game. It also can take priorities which makes it an excellent revenge killer to +1 Dragonite, Mega Pinsir and everything not scarfed. The moves are pretty standard on it, Hidden Power fire allows you dealing with Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor and Thunderbolt helps you very rarely but can hit Celesteela which otherwise can cause you issues.

[​IMG]
    Metagross @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Meteor Mash
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Ice Punch
    - Bullet Punch​

I then wanted to use Mega Metagross because it is on my opinion currently the best mega to use alongside Tapu Lele. Zen Headbutt gets boosted a lot by the terrain and it gets instantly 350 speed which allows it to deal with a lot of fairies such as Tapu Lele and Tapu Bulu. I added Bullet punch on it because I sometimes felt like I needed a priority in case Terrain is not up, to allow me dealing with Pheromosa and Dugtrio a bit better. Meteor Mash is the primary stab for fairies and Ice Punch hits mainly Landorus-T which is extremely common

[​IMG]
    Buzzwole @ Leftovers
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 200 HP / 236 Atk / 72 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Leech Life
    - Focus Punch
    - Earthquake​

Buzzwole is a unique Pokemon in this meta, this set allows me to deal mainly with Chansey because I had a lot of issues with Chansey, so I made it sub punch with enough HP to take a seismic toss and start creating holes in my opponent team. That set also hits 212 speed to outspeed potential Rotom-W and not be burnt by Wisp.

[​IMG]
    Heatran (F) @ Grassium Z
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Magma Storm
    - Solar Beam
    - Earth Power
    - Taunt​

Heatran is still an amazing pokemon and this gen it can have access to a powerfull grass move usable once. Magma Storm allows you trapping pokemon such as Tapu Fini and then OHKO it with Z move Bloom Doom. Earth Power allows you hiting other Heatrans and Taunt has an overall utility, especially to avoid being defogged on you.

[​IMG]
    Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 36 SAtk / 16 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Ice]​

Landorus-T was one of the most played pokemon on gen 6 and is still a top pokemon to use. This gen Hidden Power Ice is even common on it to take opponents Landorus-T which are running around everywhere. Stealth rock is the most important move because of its utility in the metagame, and U-Turn and Earthquake are very important as they've always been. Rocky Helmet is a key item as it allows you crippling Mega Metagross which is a bit hard to take on with this team and for currently Mega Kangaskhan

[​IMG]
    Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
    Ability: Misty Surge
    EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Moonblast
    - Scald
    - Defog​

Tapu Fini is blessed with an amazing double typing and a very good movepool. Having access to Taunt, Defog, Nature's Madness, Calm Mind, Haze and so much, it can be at time a bit hard to predict it. However I use a pretty standard set for Defog in case I face Toxic Spikes, it's also a good switch in to Gyarados and a lot of dark types in general. I use scald over surf because it can hit and burn flying types such as Mega Pinsir and Celesteela. Taunt shuts down Celesteela defensive and can allow you blocking Defog from some mons.

Overall a cool team to use, however it is weak to Ghost moves in general, especially Aegislash that should be banned soon. I also don't have a Special Wall but most of these mons have a great synergy between them. Zapdos can be a bit annoying so you have to either beat it with Heatran or Mega Metagross. I hope you enjoy the team and can help me making it better!

Importable
    Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Psychic Surge
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Psychic
    - Moonblast
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Thunderbolt

Metagross @ Metagrossite
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Meteor Mash
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Ice Punch
    - Bullet Punch

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 200 HP / 236 Atk / 72 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Substitute
    - Leech Life
    - Focus Punch
    - Earthquake

Heatran (F) @ Grassium Z
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Magma Storm
    - Solar Beam
    - Earth Power
    - Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 36 SAtk / 16 Spd
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - U-turn
    - Earthquake
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
    Ability: Misty Surge
    EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Taunt
    - Moonblast
    - Scald
    - Defog

Jethalal, DracoNova, E.T. and 2 others like this.
  2. TraceofLife

TraceofLife Lucky Strike Forum Moderator Tour Director Forum Moderator Tour Director

PO Trainer Name:
    TraceofLife
    I thought misty surge prevents you to get status'd

otherwise good team and grats on peak lol

3. Edna

Edna I'm like Cinderella with an umbrella Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    It doesn't on flying types! Only grounded mons are affected by terrains!
    And thanks

TraceofLife likes this.
Moderators: Edna, fsk