1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

[SM OU] Arabquanid peaked (rank 1)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by MetaMence, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. MetaMence

MetaMence Member

PO Trainer Name:
    MetaMence
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Introduction
    **Hello, this is one of my first SM teams, and since I've been having some pretty good success with it I was convinved into making an RMT on it. Although the ladder is very unbalanced atm, this team still has ways of dealing with these Uber mons.Proof of peak: http://m.imgur.com/ih7uk8S

The Team
    [​IMG]
    Araquanid @ Choice Band
    Ability: Water Bubble
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Liquidation
    - Leech Life
    - Poison Jab
    - Waterfall
    This beast is basically what I built my team around it's unique ability and design, really caught my attention from the start. I rarely find myself clicking anything besides liquidation, since nothing is comfortably switching into it other than bulky water types. This mon also has decent bulk which gives it the opportunity to switch into things and allows it to keep lando-i in check.
    [​IMG]
    Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
    Ability: Electric Surge
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Naive Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Volt Switch
    - U-turn
    Defintely a top tier threat. This mon is an amazing pivot as well as an efficient late game cleaner. I tend to lead with this mon when battling offense to get my momentum going. U-turn is great becase it allows me to get araquinid in for free on an expected marowak switch for example. Once my opponents team has been weakened I can comfortably start spamming tbolt.
    [​IMG]
    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Lava Plume
    - Earth Power
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    Heatran serves as my stealth rocker and helps form my FGW core. I haven't seen much rotom-w as of late and toxic is useless against the common water type mons so I decided to go taunt over toxic. Since this is my primary lele switch in i went with max hp evs rather than an offensive variant.
    [​IMG]
    Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 232 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Knock Off
    - Synthesis
    I actually disliked this mon last gen and felt it was a bit overrated, but Its definitely proven to be great mon as of late. I went with mixed bulk to counter as much as possible. It easily avoids 2hkos from the majority of the metagame and shrugs it of with synthesis. I initially considered hp fire on it, but knock off gives it a lot more utility overall.
    [​IMG]
    Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Overcoat
    EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
    Impish Nature
    - Foul Play
    - U-turn
    - Roost
    - Defog
    I chose mandibuzz as my defogger because of its fantastic bulk. Although I miss the survivability lefties gives me, mega kanga is insanely broken and I have to weaken it somehow, and the chip damage on MegaMeta is also great. U-turn is to help support my volturn core and I wouldn't want a passive mon killing my momentum.
    [​IMG]
    Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Superpower
    Landorus-t is still as good as ever. It serves as my speed control and is usually my lead. I found myself never using explosion or ever feeling the need for it, so I replaced it with superpower which has a good chance to ohko kartana which is neat. There's not much to say about this mon since everyone knows what it does at this point.
    Conclusion
    Any comments/suggestions are appreciated! Overall, I've been enjoying s/m and look forward to seeing the metagame balance out. Also wanna give a s/o to @lucianvega for this 10/10 title.
    Araquanid @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    - Liquidation
    - Leech Life
    - Poison Jab
    - Waterfall
    Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
    Naive Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Volt Switch
    - U-turn
    Heatran @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Earth Power
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    Bold Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Knock Off
    - Synthesis
    Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
    Impish Nature
    - Foul Play
    - U-turn
    - Roost
    - Defog
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Superpower

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  2. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Tier Leader Server Administrator Articles Leader Tier Leader Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    The team looks interesting! Is there a reason that Tapu Koko is Naive if it is only using its Attack to U-Turn on Marowak and other Volt Switch blockers? Running Timid might give you slightly more longevity. Just make sure that your importable is double spaced between Pokémon like this, or the teambuilder will reject it.

Araquanid @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    - Liquidation
    - Leech Life
    - Poison Jab
    - Waterfall

Tapu Koko @ Life Orb
    Naive Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Volt Switch
    - U-turn

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Earth Power
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt

Bold Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Knock Off
    - Synthesis

Mandibuzz @ Rocky Helmet
    Impish Nature
    - Foul Play
    - U-turn
    - Roost
    - Defog

Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - U-turn
    - Superpower

La.HyperOffense, MetaMence and Edna like this.
  3. Draciel

Draciel Ghost in the Shell

PO Trainer Name:
    Draciel/Neo
    Cool team and gratz on your peak! Always nice to underrated mons doing well in OU and Araquanid sure packs a punch.

This team features the common but effective core of Lando-T+Heatran+Mega Venusaur+Tapu Koko, and it surely works well. One minor nitpick for me is having Hidden Power Ice>Volt Switch on Tapu Koko because it helps you deal with stuff like Lando-I/Lando-T/Chomp as Dazzling gleam doesn't KO any of them. Also Timid is probably better instead of Naive, I don't think it's worth going -SpDef just to hit a stronger U-Turn. This team appears to be weak to CM Tapu Lele but that's the issue with most bulky builds.

4. Edna

Edna I'm like Cinderella with an umbrella Forum Moderator Article Contributor Forum Moderator Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Very cool team, sadly didn't face you :[
    I'm unsure of how much Superpower is useful on Landorus had you have HP fire on Venusaur, but you decided Knock on it instead, any reason why?
    I would have switched Spower for Knock on Lando and added Hp fire on Venu, but that's your personal preferences.
    I agree that Hp ice Tapu Koko is also better than Volt Switch to hit Lando-T, just to not lose momentum considering you'll have to defog with mandibuzz everytime.

Lastly I would only use Liquidation Leech Life and Sleep talk for Araquanid but maybe Jab has an utility for you outside hiting Fini that you hard wall with Venu and because of low atk it won't do that much to Fini

Grats on peak, interesting team

MetaMence likes this.
  5. willdbeast

willdbeast All round nice guy

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    Looks like a cool team even though I don't really know much about SM OU yet.
    One question: why liquidation and waterfall on Arabquanid? Is a flinch chance really worth a move slot? I know it's movepool doesn't really exist but idk maybe crunch to hit water absorb jellicent or something would be more useful?

Edit: rip I remembered PO can't enter move accuracies properly so ignore everything I just said. Still a cool team though!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  6. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange You were just a reckless child... Social Media Rep Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    10/10 team. was funny seeing edna sneak a #1 while you werent online then rmt it. grats on peak scrub.

Edna and MetaMence like this.
  7. Dragon.

Dragon. Oh noes I lost my sarcasm

Aquarind is trash pls don't use it, it only got you #1 because SM OU is new on PO and everyone is dumb on the ladder right now :[

To clarify: I love you metamence, my dude, by that aquarind is trash :S

It's a good good thing Tapu Koko + XY core (Heatran mandibuzz landorus mega venusayr) is enough to carry the fuck out of aquarind or this entire team would be shit :D​

8. La.Melle2402

La.Melle2402 I'm the bone of my sword

I like the team but I found some things
    1) what can u do against Greninja? It 1 or 2hkos everything in your team.
    2) Do you click x if you see a Charizard Y or a Pheromosa?
    3) Also Tapu Lele is very annoying for you after Heatran is damaged.

You find at least one of these 4 in almost every team, so I really cant call this team solid. It lacks too much.
    Gratz on your peak tho

9. MetaMence

MetaMence Member

PO Trainer Name:
    MetaMence
    Gren only 1hkos/2hkos my entire team after changing forms which I can easily avoid as long as I keep venusaur healthy. Pheromosa can be a bit annoying but once I figure out its set its not as hard to deal with. As for charizard it fails to 2hko araquanid without any prior damage (due to water bubble) and it can't reliably spam fire blast with the presence of heatran. The lele weakness is pretty much fucking inevitable for bulky teams unless you're running magearna, and luckily scarf seems to be the most common set anyway

10. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange You were just a reckless child... Social Media Rep Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    Char X looks like more of a problem than Char Y tbh

11. MetaMence

MetaMence Member

PO Trainer Name:
    MetaMence
    I mean besides koko, zard x isn't comfortably setting up on anything especially if I can pressure it with sr, and worst case scenario I have mandibuzz which is EVd to take a flare blitz even after sr damage(unless adamant zard which then is outsped by my lando)

Moderators: Edna, fsk