1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Question of The Day! (QoTD, Thread 3) (7/22&23/17 qs up)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeypals!!, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    It took long enough
    Kinda took too fucking long
    At least it happened

2. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett TFT Main Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    Why do I have to
    Write a haiku when I die?
    I prefer trochaic pentameter.

EvilDingoRobot likes this.
  3. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 6th, 2017: What are your thoughts about Buzzfeed?
    Question for June 7th, 2017: What are your thoughts on Ariana Grande's #OneLoveManchester concert?

4. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Poor journalism and shit clickbait.
    didn't watch it, have questions about the motives of some of the performers, don't see the need for a special "fuck you terrorists" concert when the best response to terrorism is to just continue with your own lives, but a nice gesture from Grande and nice for those affected to have something to help them overcome the fear installed in them by the attack

Joeypals!! and Fate Testarossa like this.
  5. Veteran Padgett

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    >Pokémon Direct
    >Pokémon forum
    >Continues to ask questions about his favorite pop musicians and social media

6. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    nba finals question when?
    buzzfeed is boring
    nice concert for charity

Joeypals!! and EvilDingoRobot like this.
  7. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar dankest john

PO Trainer Name:
    John
  8. Duster

Duster dodgerswin 2018

i called the sweep bitch

9. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I didn't ask a question about the Direct because I really don't care for it. A deluxe version of a game that's been out for years and a set of sequels that read BW2 all over them, but without the super-deep plot. Again, not that crazy about it so yeah I'm gonna ask about other things.

Question for June 8th, 2017: What are your predictions for Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon?

Professor Oak likes this.
  10. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Being completely honest...I have no expectations for that. Mainly because I am sure it will not bring what I would like it to bring. But hey that's just me being myself.

11. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    this is what I mean. every question will be very bias as it's only something you care about.

also bw2 was rly good so maybe this will be. think positive!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  12. Cheezeburgar

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    kevin durant is going to put up 12 points and have 14 rebounds

pokemonnerd and Water like this.
  13. Veteran Padgett

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    I think that was the point of my post, that you keep asking questions only about things you care about. Try mixing it up a little. Also it doesn't have to be about something that everyone likes. If people didn't like the Direct announcements for example, it would still at least generate discussion while the question about Buzzfeed was ?????

BW2 was set in the future from BW, so it will be cool to see the same thing for Sun/Moon. Probably Lillie will return from Kanto at some point in the game and Hau will take Hala's place as kahuna.

Also, the Alola league champion will be Kevin Durant.

14. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Liger 00 is going to introduce us to Ultra Evolution as it dons its new armor to fight the Ultra Beasts.

I'm kinda hoping we don't get new protagonists though, I like the Sun and Moon ones just fine and a running narrative would be nice.

15. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Fine, I'll ask a question about things I don't give a flying fuck about or things I hate because that seems to be the consensus.

Question for June 9th, 2017: What are your thoughts on the Final Fantasy franchise?

16. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Complaining about complaints that a question wasn't asked about Pokemon Direct on a forum that is driven by that very IP.

I hope you see the problem some people had with that, because the Buzzfeed question was out of nowhere and barely anyone who frequents this community really cares about the site.

Anyway all people are saying is that more people asking would generally mean more varied questions since different people keep tabs on different things. And less "dead" ones like asking about Buzzfeed.

Overall I love final fantasy. Didn't particularly like 3(hope you don't want to save in the last dungeon of the game!) or 5, but at least all the others h)something I liked in them.

2 seems to be a black sheep in the series but it's really funny how easy it is to break once you learn that targeting yourself levels you up.

I also didn't have a problem with 13, although it went off the rails with its unnecessary sequels. I would have been fine with 13-2 if it just stayed in one clean, focused timeline.

7 is where nostalgia goes to die. It was amazing for its time but it isn't the greatest thing to grace video gaming. That would be Super Mario 64. FF6 on the other hand, is probably the best game objectively, having a tight narrative while being able to pull together so many different characters. The magcite system was a great prototype to the Materia system(7 had more polished mechanics, FF6 beats it out in story imo) and grinding wasn't too terrible unless you wanted everything on everyone.

FF10 is my favorite game of the franchise. I'm a sucker for good love stories that aren't the main focus of the actual plot and the sphere grid is great.

12, 8, 4 and 9 were good games but I don't particularly like or dislike any of them.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    Joeypals!! likes this.
  17. o c:

o c: Kittyloaf

While I've yet to play every Final Fantasy game, I've extremely enjoyed those that I have and played. FF X being my favorite one (Currently replaying it again). I've recently also gotten each FF game that came out for the SNES so that was quite a lil accomplishment for me =]

pokemonnerd likes this.
  18. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    I hate it

Annoying Orange likes this.
  19. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    never got into ff. my hygiene is nice

pokemonnerd likes this.
  20. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 10th, 2017: (getting political) So, we've had Donald Trump in charge for about 5 months now. What is your opinion on his presidency thus far?

21. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    lackluster as expected? lol

22. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    I only played FF15 and that game was okay I guess. I wish they had enough time to finish it because the second half felt extremely rushed.

No one died yet so it went extremely well.

23. pokemonnerd

The fact that he's a businessman and little else besides an obnoxious little shit is starting to show more and more.

Don't feel like expanding on it, maybe later.

I also voted for a third party because fuck Hillary and Trump.

24. Cheezeburgar

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    previous q:
    ive never played but the ps4 remakes look gr8

makes for bis mafia theme

COVFEFE

25. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 11th, 2017: If you could have Gordon Ramsay personally cook you a meal, what would you have him make you? You get an appetizer, entree, and dessert.

26. Sasuke Uchiha

Sasuke Uchiha God of tits and wine

PO Trainer Name:
    Yellan
    A well done steak.

Jk I'm not a monster

Joeypals!! likes this.
  27. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    instant noodles

Joeypals!! and Fate Testarossa like this.
  28. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
  29. Cheezeburgar

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    a chesburger

Joeypals!! and Professor Oak like this.
  30. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Hi yes still alive.

Question for June 12th, 2017: What is one position where you would hate to be stuck alone with @Professor Oak?
    Question for June 13th, 2017: What are your thoughts on Nintendo's E3 presentation?
    Question for June 14th, 2017: If Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon release more Alolan forms, what forms are you hoping for?

31. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I'll answer on behalf of everyone else - a small enclosed space. I've been farting a lot in the last 24 hours, and I've been wanting to get away from myself because of it.
    Thoroughly underwhelmed tbh. They still had the best showing of all the major companies imo, but there wasn't much substance at all. New Kirby is ok but was easily expected by anyone who follows Nintendo, as is a new Yoshi game. The announcements of a mainline Pokémon game for Switch and Metroid Prime 4 for Switch, both of which are widely wanted by fans, were nice, but the lack of substance means that I'm still annoyed by it. The only other new announcement was Rocket League with crossplay with XBone and PC, which is actually pretty damn cool. The rest was just footage of games we already knew about (because Rabbids x Mario was announced during Ubisoft's conference).

There was a distinct lack of decent third-party support. Considering that that has been a massive problem with Nintendo's hardware since the N64, this needed to be addressed asap. We have the following unreleased games: Rabbids x Mario, which does not count as third party; Rocket League, which is nice but not new; Skyrim, which is being released on everything, just like Doom; Starlink: Battle for Atlas, which seems to be Skylanders-esque and thus shit; Just Dance, I need to say no more; and FIFA, no more needs to be said.

Released third-party games include: Ultra Street Fighter 2, another remake of a 26-year-old game; Disgaea 5, a game ported to Switch 2 years after its initial release on PS4; Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2, the former ported to Switch 2 years after its initial release, the latter 1 year after its initial release; I am Setsuna, ported to Switch a year after its initial release; Puyo Puyo Tetris, a game that has been out for 3 years in Japan before its international release and before it being ported to Switch, and is a mash-up of puzzle games that are almost 40 years old; Super Bomberman R, an exclusive to Switch, but is essentially the same thing as other Bomberman games that are about 30 years old; Minecraft, a 6-year-old game that has been ported to EVERYTHING; and a bunch of Indie and Arcade games that have mostly been on Steam and other platforms for anywhere between 2 and 25 years, with a few other more recent ones thrown in. NINTENDO CANNOT DO THIRD PARTY. EVER.

With that said, Mario coming out of a T-Rex was pretty cool, and the trailer did give me a bit more excitement for Super Mario Odyssey. I'm officially up to 3 games I'd purchase for Switch (Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Splatoon 2 being the other two). I'll likely end up purchasing one before the Pokémon game comes out.

Nintendo actually provided more hype with its announcement during the Treehouse event immediately after the presentation: They are making their own remake of Metroid 2 for 3DS (which explains them coming down on Metroid fan games and romhacks like A2MR). It's not exactly a "new" Metroid game, but it's one of many dead franchises that people wanted to come back!
    I'm going to just outright assume that we're getting Gen 2 Alolan formes, thanks to the Bank-compatible Gen 2 releases. With that said, give me Alolan Heracross that actually has a decent Speed stat, and I'll be happy.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  32. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    Alolan S-U-D-O-W-O-O-D-O

Joeypals!! likes this.
  33. Veteran Padgett

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    I hope there is an Alolan Sunflora that gets banned from Ubers.

34. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I'd love to see an 8-winged Alolan Crobat. [:

35. pokemonnerd

There's no position that I would hate to be stuck in alone with Oak, if you know what I mean ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It was okay. The most I was expecting out of them was a Fire Emblem Switch announcement which I didn't expect happening anyway. Excited for a Metroid Prime 4, even though there's no third party games the fact stands that if Nintendo takes care in making games for its main IPs then they'll make sales anyway; I'm still waiting on something solid after BoTW before I buy one.

This should be obvious if you've been around for a while and paid attention to me talking about liking particular pokemon. Aside from Snorlax though, I'm really surprised there's not an Alolan Lapras. Would like to see one.

36. Cheezeburgar

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    alolan alomomola pls
    [​IMG]

37. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    grats warriors
    grats nintendo, underrated E3 imo

Joeypals!! likes this.
  38. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    This new Metroid game looks pretty awesome.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  39. o c:

o c: Kittyloaf

QOTD Jun 12- A small enclosed space. Old person smell ya know plus he's been very gassy lately

QOTD Jun 13- Metroid Prime 4 enough said

QOTD Jun 14- Kecleon, Drapion, Ledian, Tropius

Hello Joeypals

Joeypals!! and EvilDingoRobot like this.
  40. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Sorry, been kinda sick these last two days.

Question for June 15th, 2017: Going to bounce off responses for the June 14th q. What would Alolan Tropius look like? In terms of typing, ability, stats, etc.
    Question for June 16th, 2017: With Minecraft unifying platforms so that no matter what device you're playing on (besides Playstation) you can play with anyone else, what is your opinion about the Nintendo Switch version requiring an Xbox Live account in order to play online?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.