1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

Question of The Day! (QoTD, Thread 3) (6/22-24/17 qs up)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeypals!!, Jan 8, 2017.

Moderators: Joeypals!!
  1. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Makes sense for it to do something like Exeggutor did... so make its neck non-existant, and turn its head into bananas. Don't really know nor care to make up the rest lol
    Does it actually? LOL

2. Honey Senpei

Honey Senpei Too Sweet And Too Cute!

PO Trainer Name:
    Hawaii
    Alolan Ralts and Combee line <3

Joeypals!! and EvilDingoRobot like this.
  3. o c:

o c: SUPERBLY CUTE USER o

tropius___alola_form_by_locomotive111-dackx6r.png

I have a Xbox Live account so it's no biggie to me but if it's requiring that I have XBL Gold account or prime whatever then nu uh won't even bother with it.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  4. Xdevo

Xdevo Some things can't be changed Tiering Administrator Tour Director Tiering Administrator Tour Director

I'm not really sure why you'd want to play minecraft with non-local, non-same platform people on a device other than a computer.

Computer has all of the good mods and QoL updates, plus a M&K is generally better for the more menu based parts of minecraft (which if you're going to be playing with friend for any period of time, is a lot of what you'll be doing).

Unless the plan is to update every single, non-playstation version with the exact same features, I don't really see the benefit from this.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  5. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~ Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 17th, 2017: What are your thoughts on Bill Cosby, both as an actor and a person?

6. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    As an actor, I have had almost zero exposure to him, as I'm not American. From what I gather from what limited exposure I have, which is bad impressions from other people, he seemed to be pretty shit.

As a person, if the sexual assaults he has been alledged to have committed are legitimate, he is an absolute arsehole who needs to burn.

7. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 18th, 2017: Lemme swing something towards the UK. What are your thoughts on Theresa May?
    Question for June 19th, 2017: What is one song that you SHOULDN'T play right after a child is born?

8. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar supreme mafia admiral

PO Trainer Name:
    Sauce Castillo
    why did u delete my p ost

9. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I wish to actually be able to sleep this evening, so I'll keep it short: She's a cunt.
    "Abortion" by Cars Can Be Blue (2005)
    An irreverent duet in which a couple discuss their plans to get an abortion and then mutually declare "killing this baby was the best choice we ever made!"

I hope the NSA isn't checking my browsing history after I just searched for "songs about murdering babies".

10. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    grats warriors

fuck bill cosby and theresa

and any song by Lana

Joeypals!! likes this.
  11. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Simply put, my thread, I'm gonna be the one to ask the questions (unless the question asks to respond with questions). Idc if yours are jokes are not but it's a topic I refuse to talk about further so I'm just gonna start deleting those types of posts.

--- Post updated ---
    Question for June 20th, 2017: With the console being 15 years old and 16 come September for Japan, how much would you be willing to spend for a Gamecube today?

12. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    None, because I already own a GameCube and a Game Boy Player. Unless GameCube LANs became popular, I wouldn't need to purchase any hardware for the GameCube again.

With that said, I'd pay more for a GameCube than I would for most other consoles from the GameCube generation. PS2s were so mass produced for so long that they're easy to get for cheap, the Dreamcast has no exclusives remaining as they're all on PC or GameCube, and the Xbox was shit.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  13. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    what oak said.
    but I'd pay 80 for a copy of super monkey balls 2 bc mine got damaged

Joeypals!! likes this.
  14. Xdevo

Xdevo Some things can't be changed Tiering Administrator Tour Director Tiering Administrator Tour Director

I own a wii so I effectively own a gamecube anyway

Joeypals!! and Professor Oak like this.
  15. o c:

o c: SUPERBLY CUTE USER o

To be honest, they aren't that hard to find ( I see many at my local flea market ) and they all go for the same price of a NES, SNES, N64, Sega Genesis, PS2 which ranges between $35 to $50 depending on the condition. If it was still in the sealed box though, I'd gladly pay over $100+ easy. Sadly, the only N console I don't currently own D: but looking to get one soon for a few certain game's.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  16. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 21st, 2017: If @o c: made a picnic, what is the first thing you'd expect him to pack?

17. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
  18. Annoying Orange

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    hopefully a breath mint

Joeypals!! likes this.
  19. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

A very dank meme.

20. Joyverse

Joyverse Road Roller time!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    His extensive MLP collection that he loves waaaay too much.

EvilDingoRobot and Joeypals!! like this.
  21. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Question for June 22nd, 2017: What makes a person a person?
    Question for June 23rd, 2017: If you had the chance to gain the knowledge of one person, past or present, including personal secrets and whatnot, who would you choose?
    Question for June 24th, 2017: From a gameplay standpoint, which Mario game is the best?

22. Xdevo

probably genetics
    Tesla seems fun

If we're not using the stupid standard of "for it's time," I'd have to say Mario Galaxy (arguably 2). Aside from the stupid camera controls because no one that made the Wii knew what modern gaming was, the platforming was pretty excellent, the open maps allowed for some exploration without derailing. Most of the different planet areas you went to were at least somewhat unique. The speed running comets were pretty dumb, but I'm not the kind of person that likes to speed run games so it might just be me. Most of the later Mario games went back to 2D or made very little use of 3D anyway (3D Land springs to mind). Galaxy was the last game I felt actually elevated Mario platformers in any meaningful way — something that pretty much everything Mario since has completely failed to do.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  23. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Them being a person. Were you going for something deep here? Think it needed to be fleshed out a little bit or reworded for it to have the best effect, cos even I cba to give a solid answer for this one.

I think Adolf Hitler would actually be an interesting one. You could delve deeper into his reasoning for his beliefs, any personal secrets and other things that may have caused him to be as he was, and so on.

Otherwise, I may pick someone on the basis of their knowledge allowing me to further myself personally and/or professionally. Someone like Steve Wozniak or Elon Musk would fit that bill.

My favourite? Probably Super Mario World. I prefer the gameplay of World to almost every other 2D Mario game before or since, and I feel like it feels better than a fair chunk of the 3D games too.

Best? As xdevo said above, the Super Mario Galaxy games. The first one set the basis and was solid platforming overall. The second one's only nice addition was the Cloud Mario form, giving a slightly floatier Mario that also felt good to control. The Yoshi additions were fairly poor, in my opinion. I felt like he was added for the sole reason of "OH MY GOD IT'S YOSHI, TAKE MY MONEY."

It should be noted that I have yet to play Super Mario 3D World, so that game was omitted from my answer completely.

24. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Genetics, life experiences, the way they were raised and how that meshes with their basic personality.

I feel having the knowledge of any renowned scientist would make most college classes trivial, so pick one.

Super Mario 6-

Well fine.

It's probably a tie between either Galaxy game, though I consider them both the same game as 2 is essentially an expansion pack. It was just as linear as every other 2 or "2.5D" Mario but the gimmick of every big structure having its own special field of gravity made it great. I mean 3D world had nice, polished mechanics for everything 64 had as well, but it's just really linear and aside from cats didn't exactly do anything special with the platforming. It was still a tight game, just not inventive at all which dooms it to critics who want something revolutionary every game.

If we're talking strictly 2D mario games, I'd have to give it to Super Mario World. SM3 comes really close too, and maybe it beats it out if nostalgia is getting in the way for me, but the special maps of SMW were great.

Fuck those pull star things in galaxy games though, the ones where you click on them with the wii mote and they drag you through the air. Satan must have paid a visit to the development team for those things to exist.

Moderators: Joeypals!!