1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Duplicate] Old Battle window HP display bug

Discussion in 'Bug Wasteland' started by Zoroark, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Client Type (ex. PC, Android, Webclient):
    Windows

Client Version (if known. Webclient has no version.):
    Windows (v2.7.00)

When did you first notice the bug?: Today, according to user Faunnie/Yuxie

Have you been able to reproduce the bug?: Not yet

Information (include relevant logs, replays, screenshots):
    Apparently this only seems to trigger when using the old battle window, I didn't post in the Gen 7 bugs thread cause I don't think this is a mechanics bug, anyways, when Imposter Ditto transforms into a Pokémon, it "apparently" copies it's HP, but when a HP modifier kicks in, for example, poison status, the HP drastically drops, in this case, Ditto's Max HP is 300, and the first toxic poison damage leaves it at 282, another thing to take in mind is that, when using recovery moves, it only recovers based on Ditto's max HP, not the target's (in this case Blissey), so it's safe to assume that Ditto's imposter does not copies the HP, but more like the Battle Window displays the target's HP aesthetically upon transforming, the rest of the mechanics are based on Ditto's HP.
    Here's the screenshot. Reported by Faunnie.
    [​IMG]

(If applicable) Sources to confirm the presence of a bug (ex. Smogon):

2. fsk

fsk Woke up after a long dream Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    Actually, I think this is a GEN 7 Bug, or at least a 2.7.0 bug: I have been using imposter chansey for ages (in Hackmon tiers) in 2.6.2 on mac client, and have never encountered the same situation. I also sticked to old battle window.
    That being said, I said so in discord on the day of 2.7.0 windows release and posted in gen 7 bugs thread.
    So on Windows 2.7.0 for new battle window transforming into mega form/new form(like minior shields down) will show full HP instead of the correct one. While in old battle window, it has the bug of ditto HP bar reading the basic stat of opponents' pokemon while using Evs of ditto at first. These two issues are automatically corrected once you gets hit or damaged by status/condition.

Zoroark likes this.
  3. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

4. Zoroark

Zoroark Aka Flare Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    That thread is older than you :v

5. Fuzzysqurl

Fuzzysqurl baa baa mareep I do what I want Server Owner Developer I do what I want Server Owner Developer

Except I was the one that posted it. Spooky.

turbedi and Zoroark like this.