1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS OU] Sheer Dancing (feat. Mega Gardevoir)

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by OneModestManaphy, Jan 20, 2017.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. OneModestManaphy

OneModestManaphy New Member

Sheer Danching (feat. Mega Gardevoir)

Teambuilding Process Analysis

I started out with the core of Mega Gardevoir, a powerful Pixilate-Hyper Voice wallbreaker with an amazing 135 base Special Defense stat and a phenomenal base 165 Special Attack Stat, and Life Orb, Sheer Force, DD (Dragon Dance) Feraligatr. I chose these two because they have fantastic offensive synergy and decent defensive synergy as well (Feraligatr can switch into Bullet Punches and other steel-type attacks for Mega Gardevoir as well).

Next, I needed a Pokémon that could switch in and take on electric-type attackers (such as Magnezone, Magneton, Raikou, Mega Manectric, Thundurus-Incarnate, Thundurus-Therian, Zapdos and Rotom-Wash for Feraligatr, so I thought who better to do the job than Choice Scarf Thundurus-Therian because of its ability, Volt Absorb, which absorbs electric-type attacks and heals 25% of the Pokémon with Volt Absorb’s maximum HP, and its excellent offensive presence because of its insanely high 145 base Special Attack stat. Also, Thundurus-Therian has the amazing ability to eliminate grass-types for Feraligatr, and another member of the team, who you which you haven’t been introduced yet.

Then, I decided that I needed a Pokémon who could wall both grass and fairy-types, so I chose Amoonguss for its bulk, excellent support movepool (especially its access to Spore), and its ability, Regenerator, which allows it to regain 1/3 of its maximum HP upon switching out.

Next, I needed a defensive Stealth Rock setter who could take fire and psychic-type attacls for Amoonguss, and ice-type attacks for both Amoonguss and Thundurus-Therian, because none of my current Pokemon could switch in to said types for Amoonguss (except for Mega Gardevoir being able to take psychic-type hits for Amoonguss). So, of course, I chose Heatran! Heatran has the ability to quickly set up Stealth Rock and switch out quickly, and has great Utility moves such as Lava Plume (for its high chance to burn), Toxic, Taunt (to stop set-up in its tracks), and the aforementioned Stealth Rock.

Finally, I decided to add Choice Band Terrakion to my team because of its ability to check many threats to the team such as Mega Charizard-Y, and steel-types such as Magnezone, Bisharp, Ferrothorn, and Heatran. Also, Terrakion’s Stone Edge does disgustingly high amounts of damage to any Pokémon that doesn’t resist rock-type attacks, so don’t be shy when using Stone Edge!

Team In-Depth Analysis

Mega Gardevoir (F) * @ Gardevoirite
    Pre-Mega Ability: Trace
    Mega Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power (Fire)
    - Will-O-Wisp

Feraligatr (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch
    - Crunch

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 240 Spe
    IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
    Modest Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt

Amoonguss (F) @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Bold Nature
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Synthesis

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Timid Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Toxic
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

Terrakion @ Choice Band
    Ability: Justified
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Iron Head
    - Earthquake

Threatlist
    • Weavile: Weavile (with Low Kick even more so) is a huge threat to this team because of its insane 125 base speed and excellent 120 base attack. If you don’t play around it carefully enough, it will walk right over this team like a bathmat.
    • Ferrothorn: This team struggles to eliminate Ferrothorn efficiently because of its annoyingly good 74 / 131 / 116 defenses and access to Gyro Ball, which OHKOs Mega Gardevoir.
    • Scizor (and Mega Scizor): Scizor (and its Mega Form) is quite similar to Ferrothorn, except it can more easily OHKO Mega Gardevoir with Bullet Punch.
    • Keldeo: Keldeo isn’t the biggest threat the team could face, but if you aren’t prepared, it can pack a nasty punch.
    • Mega Lopunny: Mega Lopunny is a huge threat to this team, so make sure to save your Amoonguss’ Spore for this Pokémon if it is on the opposing team.
    • Mega Metagross: Mega Metagross can prove to be quite a challenge, if not handled properly, but, when handled properly, can be eliminated fairly easily.
    • Mega Charizard-Y: Can be handled with Thundurus Therian’s Thunderbolt, but otherwise is quite a hassle for the team.
    Importable
    Mega Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
    Trait: Trace
    EVs: 16 HP / 8 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Will-O-Wisp

Feraligatr (F) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    Jolly Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch
    - Crunch

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Volt Absorb
    EVs: 8 Def / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 240 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt

Amoonguss (F) @ Black Sludge
    Trait: Regenerator
    EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Spore
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Synthesis

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Lava Plume
    - Toxic
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

Terrakion @ Choice Band
    Trait: Justified
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Iron Head
    - Earthquake

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2017
  2. Edna

Edna I'm like Cinderella with an umbrella Forum Moderator Article Contributor Forum Moderator Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    Hi please add importable so people can use the team. I'll close the thread in 48hrs otherwise

Moderators: Edna, fsk