1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

[ORAS UU] Team without a mega

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Binix, Jan 25, 2017.

Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Binix

Binix work drugs

[​IMG]

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 248 HP / 76 SpA / 184 SpD
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Volt Switch
    - Overheat
    - Trick
    - Will-O-Wisp

Alright so basically, this is who i built the team around he is very underused. He provides me with special defensive bulk that helps put this whole team together. Most of you probably already know this set. Trick is to throw off ur opponets game, this helps alot against mons that like to set up. Volt Switch is to get out of there, i really like the voltturn combo of him and Victini. And will-o-wisp is to burn ur opponent and halve that attack down [:

[​IMG]

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Ability: Download
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover

Yeah Porygon2 is one of my fav mons to use, it's such a pain in the ass for opponents to deal with. The bulk is there once again, even though it is tacky :[. This mon can easily be countered by a fighting mon which is why it's good to have Rotom there. Yeah pretty basic set here but i run tbolt and ice beam, don't really like the twave/toxic set, this one has always helped me much more, but if you think toxic/twave is better then u should prob replace tbolt/ice beam with it.

[​IMG]

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Aura Sphere
    - Flash Cannon
    - Vacuum Wave

Yes, this is the nasty plot set. I prefer the nasty plot set much over the standard swords dance set. It counters Florges very well which I am very worried about at this point and Umbreon, who we all know can be a huge pain in the ass. Anyway pretty basic moveset here, not much to explain, I don't think :x.

[​IMG]

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Calm Mind
    - Slack Off
    - Psyshock

Alright so this mon is very underrated, it's a huge pain in the ass to deal with. This pokemon has single handedly turned around the game for me 3 times now, with nothing being able to touch it. I prefer Psyshock over Psychic because it counters Blissey pretty well, and other bulky sp. def mons.

[​IMG]

Victini @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Victory Star
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - U-turn
    - V-create
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Bolt Strike

Alright this mon is very annoying to deal with, it outspeeds Hydreigon, gets Bolt Strike to deal with Mega Blastoise and Suicune AND has the ability to U-turn out. You may notice the weird move of Zen Headbutt > Final Gambit. I wasn't too sure about this one but Zen Headbutt has been pretty useful thus far, you guys tell me if it should be Final Gambit > Zen Headbutt instead.

[​IMG]

Virizion @ Leftovers
    Ability: Justified
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Leaf Blade
    - Stone Edge

This mon I think perfectly glues the team together. With the threat of mega swampert and mega blastoise lingering pretty high none of them really stand a chance against this underused beast. I prefer swords dance>calm mind in this scenario. Leaf Blade does some pretty reasonable damage to Florges, Stone Edge is to hit those really annoying flying types, such as Crobat, I like swords dance too, it can really help to get one of those off, and with it's high speed and get be a pretty big threat.

Well that's all pretty good team, no mega though :[, I couldn't really find a place where I needed a mega, I kinda wanted to add Mega Blastoise in here as a deadly attacker, but also as a spinner, but I don't feel like he fits in this team that well, anyway this team does have some threats so lets go ahead and list them.

Threats:
    *Mega Blastoise
    *Mega Swampert
    *Tentacruel
    *Mega Aerodactyl

*Doublade

Importable:
    Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 76 SpA / 184 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Volt Switch
    - Overheat
    - Trick
    - Will-O-Wisp
    Porygon2 @ Eviolite
    Ability: Download
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Modest Nature
    - Tri Attack
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - Recover
    Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Steadfast
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Aura Sphere
    - Flash Cannon
    - Vacuum Wave
    Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpA
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Calm Mind
    - Slack Off
    - Psyshock
    Victini @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Victory Star
    Jolly Nature
    - U-turn
    - V-create
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Bolt Strike
    Virizion @ Leftovers
    Ability: Justified
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Leaf Blade
    - Stone Edge

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  2. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange You were just a reckless child... Social Media Rep Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    I'd put Stone Edge on Virizion over Sacred Sword to hit things like Crobat and Whimsicott who can simply U-Turn out of your switch-ins

3. Binix

Binix work drugs

Yeah, had a bit of a problem with that thanks for the suggestion.
    Stone Edge > Sacred Sword

4. NananaBatman

NananaBatman Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where to start ngl

Your dragon resist is Lucario. I know your team's offensive and all but still, your counterplay to scarf mence is winning the speed tie with Victini. DD mence also wrecks you since it can setup on Slowking (unless you burn), victini and locked rotom so yeah find a better dragon resist.

Your rotom-h is 1 big question mark. Spex with very little spa investment is just ????? Besides, Victini+rotom-h is a shitty voltturn core; not only are they both weak to sr (speaking of sr, you really need a way to remove hazards if you're using voltturn), they come in on (roughly) the same things and are scared by (roughly) the same things. The point of a voltturn core is to keep it going, not to have your momentum completely ruined by swampert. Also what exactly does rotom-h wall with that spd, shaymin and florges? Maybe rotom-c would fit better but I'm not sure you want 2 grass types on your squad. Heliolisk probably works, too.

You don't have SR. On something that looks like voltturn. Let that sink in for a moment.

I'd give p2 t-wave just because it can help lucario sweep, vacuum wave doesn't exactly patch up its speed issues. Drop tbolt, you don't need it that bad. You could also use trace instead of download, since chandy looks like it can be really annoying (can toy with both rotom and tini, walls luke, forces slowking out). Offensive p2 is more of a staple on TR teams so I'm finding it a bit odd on your squad.

Not much to say about slowking except I'm not sure why you gave a fat wincon 56 spa evs. What does this accomplish? If it doesn't do anything, then max out slowking's defense (you could give it some speed to creep snorlax).

0 SpA Florges Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Lucario: 151-178 (53.7 - 63.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    Lucario is not a Florges counter.

Not only should Victini not be zen headbutt, it shouldn't be final gambit either. Use trick, best way to mess up an annoying wall. Zen headbutt doesn't hit a whole lot of stuff and is easy to take advantage of (krook says hi), and final gambit is almost only usable on the first few turns.

Give Virizion another item, lefties does nothing for it. I'd give it Lum Berry since it's your only water resist meaning its likely it'll come in on scald. Life Orb can work if you're feeling lucky about burns and would like more power.

I'm not sure I should make suggestions because I don't know where that team's going in the first place. Hopefully my comments help a little.

Moderators: Edna, fsk