1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Monotype] The First Gen 7 Monotype Tour! [Round 2]

Discussion in 'Gen 7 Side Metagames' started by E.T., Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E.T.

E.T. SSSSSSSSSSSSS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Approved by @sulcata

[​IMG]
    Dank banner by @Annoying Orange

Co-hosted by @Joyverse

Tournament's Rules
    • This is a standard Gen 7 PO Monotype tournament.
    • All rounds will last one week unless extended.
    • This tournament will be Single Elimination.
    • All rounds except the finals will be BO1. Finals will be BO3.
    • You can fight in either Pokemon Online or Pokemon Showdown simulators, but fighting in PO is recommended.
    • Saving replays is encouraged, but not mandatory.
    Standard Rules and Clauses
    • Species Clause
    • Sleep Clause
    • Team Preview Clause
    • Self-KO Clause
    • John Clause - *cough* Don't john please. Thank you.

Do note that we haven't had any Monotype bans yet. If majority calls for it, we'll ban stuff for the remainder of the tour come Round 3.

Also, the SM OU Banlist is to be used for now.

This round lasts for 1 week.

Pairings..
    [​IMG]
    I'll be making a new randomized bracket every round btw.

@Annoying Orange vs @DracoNova
    @Hassin627 vs @willdbeast
    @Jethalal vs @Atli
    @EvilDingoRobot vs @HSOWA

The deadline for Round 2 is Thursday, February 2nd at 11:59 PM GMT.

HAVE FUN, GO CRAZY PEOPLE! IT'S MONOTYPE!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Joyverse likes this.
  2. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    willdbeast more like willdestroyyou

willdbeast likes this.
  3. willdbeast

willdbeast All round nice guy

PO Trainer Name:
    willdbeast
    I just need to decide: flying or fighting... Which does lucha fit better on?

Joyverse and Hassin627 like this.
  4. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    Sick biased hosting, way to really look hard at that activity case lol @E.T. So I guess the way to win games is to not actually play them but to avoid answering the opponent and you'll get the "activity" case. You didn't even try to do the "not biased coin flip" method, great work my dude, I commend you.

5. E.T.

E.T. SSSSSSSSSSSSS! Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Lets look at the evidence then.

[​IMG]
    Jethalal contacted you and stated his timezone and his availability to play during the evening. You told him "tomorrow evening" without specifying that you meant your evening, so you missed the scheduled time. You made an attempt to schedule for Sunday, but Jethalal didn't respond or agree to play. On Wednesday, you replied with the detailed message of "???", and when Jethalal offered to play less than 30 minutes later, you replied "Nah tomorrow that time". I happened to be on the server during the 2nd scheduled time. Jethalal was on the server. Meanwhile,

±QueryBot: snaga was last seen: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 03:14:10 GMT [3 weeks, 3 days ago.]

you haven't even logged into the server in 3 weeks unless you have been using a different alt, but even if that is the case, you made no mention of that. Looking at the evidence, it appears to me that Jethalal was trying to get the match done, but you were johning him. Considering that you missed two times when you said you would be available to play, considering that you literally haven't logged into the server in 3 weeks, and considering that you made no effort to prove to me that you were trying to get the match done, even when I left I reminder two days before the deadline, while Jethalal was online and PM'd me to let me know he was trying to get the match done, it seemed pretty clear to me that Jethalal deserved the activity win. If you were actually trying to get the match done, I wouldn't have had a problem with giving an extension, but the evidence overwhelmingly indicates that you were just johning, and now you're salty because I'm not letting you get away with it.

Joyverse likes this.
  6. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    so we had two different times in mind (I honestly thought I typed "-5" in the vm, which is my fault yes, but just bc he showed up to a time that wasn't agreed on doesn't mean he deserves the win. And that was the first 2 days of the round, in which I replied the same day saying I could play any time the next day and since that clearly didn't work for him he could've replied with another time instead of me having to post "??" On the post to get his attention. I'm not going to try and schedule twice in a row when he doesn't answer. It doesn't work like that. And sick! I'm playing a user that frequents po when I have no reason to log on to since it's a ghost town so I only come on when I have to play games when my opponents don't want to play on smogtours. And he didn't reply to my other vm when he was on PO like you said!!!! He can be active in the epic meme threads but can't simply say he'll be on at the time I suggested? Just because I didn't go out of my way by pming you bc my opponent didn't answer me twice when I tried setting up a time doesn't mean he gets an activity win.

And yeah man so salty im no longer to participate in the huge kickoff monotype tour!!! Fuck me!!

more like just pointing out the bullshit "activity" call my opponent didn't deserve. I have no reason to John anyone, it's not like I'm fucking nervous to play lord jethalal and want to try and snake an activity win, give me a break

7. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    won vs DracoNova
    gg

8. Jethalal

Jethalal (~o.o)~ So Spooky ~(o.o~)

PO Trainer Name:
    Jethalal
    I asked you to play few minutes after your "???" But you said same time tomorrow. I logged on again on the same time but you didn't came and ET happened to be online that time. Earlier I clearly told you Im mostly active on my evenings and you replied "tomorrow evening". So it was clearly my evening or you randomly gave me a different time when I told you I will be on my evenings. Everyone knows that you are a great player but that doesn't mean you will get act win b/c game is not getting done.

9. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Do this, make 2 teams. And confuse him so he doesn't know which type to build for so you just kinda win without even using Lucha.

Also nice to see any problems have been handled by E.T. Hopefully I'll be there to start R3.

willdbeast likes this.
  10. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    won gg

willdbeast likes this.
  11. Atli

Atli Time just fades the pages in my book of memories Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Atli
    won gg

also using ou banlist is really dumb, can we at least adopt smogon's banlist or something at least until we have our own tier pls

12. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    If we were to add the Smogon bans to our current ban list, the following things would become banned for the rest of the tournament:

Pheromosa, Terrain Extender, Damp Rock, Smooth Rock, Z-moves that boost Evasion, Genesect, Tapu Lele, Zygarde 10%, Kartana, Zygarde 50%, Ash Greninja (Battle Bond), Mega Metagross, Hoopa-Unbound

@Annoying Orange @Hassin627 @EvilDingoRobot @HSOWA
    Atli is in favor of this; what are your thoughts? If the majority agrees, we can adopt the new bans starting next round, but I would require logs / replays to be submitted (privately or publicly) to prove that the new ban rules were obeyed.

If you would only be in favor of adding some of these bans, state which ones you would be okay with. If you would be in favor of banning something that is not on this list, state what it is with brief reasoning on why it should be banned for the rest of the tournament.

13. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    approve of Lele, Greninja (all together bc protean is too good) , pheromosa, genesect and hoopa ban
    also smogon wont let you use char x or mega gyara on flying last time I checked which PO allows.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  14. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    I dont agree with the Zygarde-50% ban tbh, other than that I approve as well

Also does this mean we're adapting the smogon monotype tier altogether? Because as far as im concerned, they allow deo-s and shit over there, which would lead us to having to play this tour in the ubers tier or on ps

e: i mean if im like 101% honest using the ou banlist is pretty fun. broken, unhealthy, uncompetitive, a huge advantage and disadvantage for certain types respectively, but fun

15. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    These bans would only apply to this tour, and I'm not considering unbanning anything that PO already has banned. We would just be adding bans to the existing ban list.

Hassin627 likes this.
  16. Atli

Atli Time just fades the pages in my book of memories Forum Moderator Server Administrator Forum Moderator Server Administrator

PO Trainer Name:
    Atli
    Yeah I don't agree with every ban smogon made either but I suggested their banlist because it's at least an actually tested tier without many of the broken stuff present in the ou banlist, so I think it would be a better idea to just adopt it for the rest of the tour until we can form our own tier instead of having players pick what they want to ban with possible biased opinions and/or little experience in the tier.

Hassin627 likes this.
  17. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Round 2 is now over. Since no contact was made between EvilDingoRobot and HSOWA, this match will be decided by coin flip.

(17:55:01) ±Meowth: You flipped a coin. It's Heads!

EvilDingoRobot advances to the Semi-Final.

As per the discussion about banning things, the following will be banned next round as they were agreed upon by the majority:

Pheromosa, Terrain Extender, Damp Rock, Smooth Rock, Z-moves that boost Evasion, Genesect, Tapu Lele, Kartana, Ash Greninja (Battle Bond), Mega Metagross, Hoopa-Unbound, Zygarde-10%

(Basically this is the list I posted earlier with Zygarde and Zygarde-10% excluded. We still have Power Construct banned though.)

EDIT: I misread one of the posts, and Zygarde-10% should be banned too.

Semi-Final: http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/35599/

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.