1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Set Suggestions and Changes (read the OP before posting)

Discussion in 'Gen 7 Battle Factory' started by Draciel, Jan 28, 2017.

Moderators: fitzy, sulcata
  1. Draciel

Draciel No Goodbyes

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    Only use this thread if there isn't anyone online. It's a lot easier and faster to just talk to the reviewers in #BF Review.

This is the thread for posting any changes you feel are needed to be changed in someway, or removed entirely. Please give reasoning for the changes you suggest and give another option in place of it for change suggestions. Currently only Ubers, OU, UU and LC have been added to BF, lower tiers will be added in due time.

Be sure to give an import of the set you are talking about and which tier it is found in.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  2. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    yeah uh something isnt right with a bf team i got.
    [​IMG]
    The sigiliyph I think was meant to be a tapu koko, but it was actually a Sigilyph in the battle and there.

fsk likes this.
  3. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    another issue
    Your team: Misdreavus / Ferroseed / Scraggy / Staryu / Rufflet / Doduo
    Opponent's team: Gothita / Klink / Drilbur / Scraggy / Terrakion / Dugtrio

bf lc, the opponent had dugtrio and terrakion

4. Arceus_17

Arceus_17 Avoid eye contact

PO Trainer Name:
    [Brief]A_17
    Just a few notes

BF LC

- Scarf Yungoos should be deleted asap as it is severelly outclassed by Bunnelby in every possible way and never accomplishes anything. Yungoos is very weak and never forces anything out to make use of its ability, Stakeout. If you really want to have a Yungoos in BF give it Berry Juice and Yawn, either way, it just makes it a bit less horrible.

Yungoos @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Stakeout
    EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Return
    - Crunch
    - Earthquake
    - U-turn
    Generation: Sun/Moon
    Submitted By: E.T.
    Accepted By: fitzy

BF Ubers

Tapu Lele is a great Pokémon but definetly not worth having 2 diferent sets in Ubers. The Terrain Extender set should be removed, it also has a very creative, to say the least, stat distribution that makes it slower than, for exemple, Rayquaza.

Tapu Lele @ Terrain Extender
    Trait: Psychic Surge
    EVs: 40 Def / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
    IVs: 0 Atk
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Psychic
    - Moonblast
    - Taunt
    - Shadow Ball
    Generation: Sun/Moon
    Submitted By: Blinky
    Accepted By: L

E.T. likes this.
  5. E.T.

E.T. K I N G Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I removed the Yungoos set for the reasons stated, and in addition, that set relied too much on the element of surprise, which was somewhat present when SM LC was new but doesn't really work for BF, since it was the only Yungoos set, and it has been awhile.

Tagging @Mysterious M to see if he has an opinion on the Tapu Lele set. For the record, the other Tapu Lele set is a Choice Specs set.

Arceus_17 likes this.
  6. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Dream /\ Bigger

Yes, i believe this set is indeed bad, with the exception of have a psychic on the team, then it could work just for providing larger terrain. regarding its speed, @Arceus_17 , Lele with full speed + nature hits 317 which is the same with Rayquaza, so idk what point you trying to make there since it never outspeeds it.

I would suggest Scarf for lele, to outspeed the forementioned Rayquaza, but other Darks such as Darkrai or Yveltal, and i believe that it is in general a better item to make the mon a bit more useful apart from providing the terrain for psychic. I do not know how i feel about specs, i guess it can deal good damage along with psychic terrain. But yes you could remove terrain extender and add scarf.

I will try to find time and check those bf sets.

7. Arceus_17

Arceus_17 Avoid eye contact

PO Trainer Name:
    [Brief]A_17
    My point is clear. What's more important for Tapu Lele?
    1- Speed tie with Rayquaza, therefore having a solid chance to beat it 1v1.
    2- Having a little bit of extra "bulk"

I really don't understand what those 40 Def Ev's are supposed to accomplish, maybe Blinky can explain.

8. fsk

fsk Kept Hacking Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tour Director Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tour Director

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    The BF sets for Ubers are actually work of Hurricane, and Draciel and Mysterious M checked it once. Blinky is just here for quicker massive submissions. The standard Terrain Support Lele set should be max speed and it might just be missed.

Speaking of Tapu lele, I would actually question whether it should be included in BF in the first place. Its main use in the real Ubers tier is to provide Terrain support for Deo-A sweep and this falls under the category of "being situational." Just like Drizzle Pelliper is not in OU BF, I don't think Tapu lele is necessary to be included, as getting a psychic attacker is not guaranteed, plus it may even backfire if you get priority attackers as teammates.

----
    Another question regarding BF: Could we have a blacklist or a standard of setup pokemons for LC and Ubers that was decided to be not included as they might be impossible to stop due to matchup problems of random teams?
    (In gen 6 Ubers, that blacklist included Double Dance Pdon, Geo Xern and DD MMence for Ubers; Zigzagoon for LC and maybe sth else)

----
    Edit: Added a bunch of LC mons and E.T. accepted. While there is no OU reviewers atm, needing the OU council to respond for a few changes.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
Moderators: fitzy, sulcata