1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Next Update] Geomancy & Taunt

Discussion in 'Solved Bugs' started by fsk, Jan 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. fsk

fsk Woke up after a long dream Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    Battle mechanics error battle server wise
    When did you first notice the bug?: yesterday
    Have you been able to reproduce the bug?: yes
    Information (include relevant logs, replays, screenshots):
    Z status move can be used when they are taunted that turn, like z charm etc can effectively take effect if taunted, but this only applies to that turn of z power in effect. In Geomancy's case, you should get all status up 1 stage the first turn, and get into the charge turn successfully, but due to the effect of taunt, it cannot use it the next turn. I.e. if you are taunted before u use z-geo, u can get 1.5 up all stages first turn and goes into charge turn succefully, and the second turn it shows u r taunted and can't use geo.
    However this is not the case on our server.
    (If applicable) Sources to confirm the presence of a bug (ex. Smogon):
    This is what it should be like
    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7customgame-525309437

Retagging @turbedi @Veteran Padgett since i tested in game, the above replay is exactly the same as the case in game.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  2. turbedi

turbedi Professional circle clicker ~~~ Forum Moderator Developer Forum Moderator Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    turbedi
    Are there any other moves that these mechanics apply to, or is Z-Geomancy the only move that has this bug?

3. fsk

fsk Woke up after a long dream Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    If you can check the code, I believe Z status move should bypasses Taunt on the exact turn of Z power activating, which is correct. However. the taunt effect is actually added to the pokemon so that in the consequent turn, it still cannot use any status move.

And this bug is specific for Geomancy, as this is a 2 turn charging needed z status move, so if taunted on the turn of Z power activating, or taunted right after the turn of Z power turn and before the user uses Geomancy, the user would always fail to really get a +2 is spa, spdf and spd

I don't think there is any other 2 turn charging needed z status move, so i think that's it? I hope so.

-------
    I just figured out the bug is not z-geomancy, it is just geomancy in general! "If the user falls for Taunt while charging, the move will fail on the next turn." So if pokemon A is quicker and used geomancy, and then Pokemon B taunted A that turn, the next turn pokemon A cannot use it; same if A is slower, B taunted the 2nd turn b4 A moves, A cannot use it either. But on our server it can, so nothing about Z power, it is just the move itself.......

Just a reminder that this is for both gen 6 and gen 7, so maybe in gen 6 it was bugged too...

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
    Professor Oak likes this.
  4. Veteran Padgett

Veteran Padgett TFT Main Developer Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    Veteran Padgett
    Fixed

fsk likes this.