1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fire Emblem Heroes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pokemonnerd, Feb 5, 2017.

1. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

I've had far too many FE talks in Tohjo from my modding days of every and any Fire Emblem game. And I know @Joeypals!! at least is versed in the subject a little bit lol. Also Canas gets MAJOR bonus points for being an additional unit that can hurt the Dragon without an S rank weapon. Just fyi.

Anyway, pulled a Roy and Frederick is a nice axe user until I finally someday get Hector onto my roster. Plus I've gotten lucky with Jakob and Hanzo, amazing thieves for different reasons. Clarine is also pulling weight as a great healer since she can buff speed universally when healing, and multiple turns in a row if attacked as well.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  2. Xdevo

Xdevo Some things can't be changed Tiering Administrator Tour Director Tiering Administrator Tour Director

I think it's trying to communicate with us

3. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Agh he's seen my collab! (I hope you liked it?? Also, he's the only Shaman in that game, which is the equivalent of today's Dark Mage, and people rank him as the best of that class out of all Dark Mages. And I'm sorry but Henry is a LOT better, but I digress)

Fire Emblem Heroes, oh shit, OK. Lemme give you a rundown: I've beaten the entire story mode on Normal already and the first three chapters on Hard (stupid Stamina). My first draws really ended up making the game for me: Raigh (from Binding Blade), Matthew (from Blazing Blade), Olivia (from Awakening), and fucking Corrin (from Fates). Corrin is by far one of the most overtly broken units in this game alongside the likes of Lyn and Takumi (fucking Takumi...), and is currently my highest unit at Lv. 29. While my balance does put me at 3 Red 1 Colorless, and while Lances do give me trouble from time to time, with Olivia's dancing, Matthew's debuffing, and Corrin's fucking OPness, they're ultimately taken down rather swiftly.

Long story short I love this game.

4. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    First thing I rolled was 5-star Leo from Conquest. I was like FUCK YEAH (which is funny cos he's technically the worst member of my party atm lol). A bunch of random 3-stars otherwise, including Lissa from Awakening, who is still in my final party as my one and only healer, and a 3-star Arthur from Conquest who was in my setup for a while cos he hits like a truck and has pretty good stats.

Second set of rolls, I got 5-star Focus Marth. I also got a 4-star Oboro who was also in my setup for a while, as well as a 3-star Tiki.

Third set of rolls, very first roll was a 5-star Focus Camilla, who ended up replacing Oboro in my lineup. Everything else was 3-star.

Fourth set of rolls ruined my streak. Got 4-star Lon'qu and 4-star Ogma, but neither are being used. Everything else was 3-star.

Meanwhile, Samphire has got about 2 4-star heroes and a huge number of repeat heroes that are 3-stars. I'm a lucky fucker.

Beaten all the story except the final mission cos THEY FUCKED ME UP, but I've beaten up to like 7-3 on Hard, and I've only got 1 Hard February mission to go lol.

3669711087 if you want to add me as a friend btw.

UPDATE: Beat the story... and now the Hard missions started. Goddamn it, now I gotta go back and beat each boss chapter again lol

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Joeypals!! likes this.
  5. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

So, since the arena closed and we got those feathers, I decided to "promote" the 2 star characters specific to this game, and for only 200 each it was well worth it.

I don't know if the higher star characters have better growths or I got shafted before, but Alfonse already has the same speed at level 9 that he did at 21. Anna is much more usable thanks to actually gaining Defense and Resistance this time around, and Sharena is still a female Ephraim so far.

6. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    better growth% chance, and access to stronger skills. Always worth it imo. With that being said, what happens to their SP and learned skills? Do they keep the skills they have learned, or do they get reset? Does their SP transfer over after upgrading them or not (cos if not, I'm gonna stop using my Oboro)?

7. pokemonnerd

They keep both the skills and SP, @Professor Oak. In that vein the advantage of waiting to increase stars is to rack up more SP since you get more through leveling up past 20.

Professor Oak likes this.
  8. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I'm on the Lunatic missions right now and almost cleared out hard mode of the story :) On Chapter 9-4 right now, still rockin Corrin (who's almost Lv. 40 at 4 stars, it's gonna be a WHILE before his ass can be 5 star), Olivia, Matthew (who's now three stars) and Raigh (now three stars).

9. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Finished Normal and all Normal missions, finished Hard and all hard missions, up to 6-1 on Lunatic, though I beat 6-5 first to get the mission beaten.

Got a bunch of 4-stars and 3-stars in my last 10 rolls, including 2 Eliwoods back to back, and another L4 Oboro. Fun.

Dunno if Leo's gonna be able to get all of his abilities before hitting Level 40, so gotta hope for more Leo drops to get all of his abilities, which is a shame.

I know Takumi is borked as fuck, I know Lyn is apparently amazing, and I know Hector is borked as fuck too. Anyone else aware of any other completely busted characters that people should hope to get?

10. Joyverse

Joyverse Road Roller time!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    When is this game getting released in India? ;-;)/

11. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    As someone who hit the upper rungs of the League, yes I do!

Like you pointed out, Takumi and Hector are stupidly broken, as is Lyn because she has just the right mixture of offense and defense. Tiki and Ryoma are pretty damn good too, and Robin can be a REAL pain in the ass.

Forget Wyrs and the default characters. They're literally the WYRST in the game.

12. pokemonnerd

If you mean Wrys, he's actually quite the capable healer. It's not his fault Clarice is objectively better in literally every way, unless you consider going into trees an invaluable tactical maneuver (it's not).

Anyway the standard characters are nice fill ins for units you don't have yet, and it's an okay investment to bring them to 3 stars at least. If you're going to spend the feathers on 4 star versions you might as well commit to the 5 stars because their final weapons are why you'd use them.

Anna has been a good fill in when Frederick would have been a bad choice because of his speed and resist stats, at least.

I'm currently waiting on my Stamina to refill so I can finish a hard mode mission and pull another 5 units. Hoping for a 5 star since my Roy is getting so fucked by speed it's not even funny. 22 at level 32. He gets doubled by everyone. Makes me want to drop back to tier 1 for a bit.

Edit: Pulled a Robin!
    As a 3 star
    fuck my luck, seriously.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  13. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I'm considering him against all the other healers he currently competes against: Azama, Sakura, Lissa, Elise, Serra, Maria, and the aforementioned Clarice. Wyrs objectively gets beaten by all of them. Hell he was replaced by a goddamn staff at one point.

14. pokemonnerd

Well arena for a F2P player is absolute hell now that people have had time to pull more units. I can't win intermediate battles anymore, I don't have the 5 stars or the stats on other characters to make up for only having a really slow Roy.

15. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    It's not been too bad for me, even with a backup team. Current team I'm grinding up has a 18-1 record in the Intermediate Arena (all rank 4):
    Lv27 Lissa (Rehabilitate / Assault / Kindled-Fire Balm / Renewal 2)
    Lv29 Selena (Armorslayer / Reposition / Triangle Adept 2 / Threaten Spd 3)
    Lv29 Oboro (Heavy Spear / Rally Defense / Seal Def 3 / Threaten Res 2)
    Lv29 Kagero (Poison Dagger / Retribution / Warding Blow 2 / Daggerbreaker 3)

Has trouble vs arrow weilders (Takumi mostly) and has trouble vs Blue Mages (most notably Robin with the weapon that makes his attacks have advantage over colourless characters), but seems to do well overall.

I think Rank 5 Kagero could be a really good unit to have in a final team, assuming the Poison Dagger gets boosted power. Poison Dagger's advantage on infantry units (which would be busted as all fuck if found on someone even more powerful), combined with an archer to hit flying units (Takumi), a character with an advantage on armoured units (Oboro or Selena are both examples, though someone better would be ideal) and someone able to take on characters that can hit your characters really hard (a Green Mage might fit perfectly, covering Oboro and hitting Robin powerfully) would be a really tough team to deal with.

Alternatively, something able to take on cavalry units could be good, though I've not seen anyone with an ability or weapon with that power.

main reason I used that team was cos I ranked Lissa up and needed to grind her up again, Selena is awesome, this was the second Oboro I had and I wanted to see who had better stats, and Kagero has nice boobs :baa:

16. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

I started this the day it came out, I finished all of normal quests and I am at chapter 7 hard mode and chapter 2 lunatic mode.

Honestly I haven't played much of fire emblem except for the newer ones like awakening and conquest so idk much characters as much as u guys do. I was somewhat confused when I started FE heroes because I thought it'd be like 20-25 chapters long like in the games but it wasnt.

When I first started out my team was really shit lol but once I started getting orbs I've been getting good characters, my first good one is my 4 star Chrom and I really liked him since he's one of my favorite characters in the game but I really wanted Marth or Lucina over him, the next person I got was Roy but only a 4 star but I can't always make it a 5 star, the next one I got was a 5 star focus tiki. I was so hyped up when I got her cause she's one character I always wanted and right after I got her I reseted the summon cause I needed a blue orb next and I got 5 star focus Robin.

I changed my team a lot and I'm still changing it but this is my squad atm
    I am using Sakura (for pvp mainly)/Niles (for story mode so I can hit long range with robin), robin, chrom, and I change from Roy and to tiki.

The next person I'm trying to get is Camilla then I could use my teams differently.

Edit:
    Add me

Screenshot_2017-02-10-16-10-08.png

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  17. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Summoned 5 things: another Setsuna (which bugs me cos that's the third one), 3 Donnels (which REALLY bugged me, at least I've got a 4-star one now), and a 5-star Catria. Catria is gonna be brought up the ranks shortly as a potential 4th member... but then I'll be REALLY weak to arrows...

btw Velvet, the Scott that added you that probably has Marth or Lissa up front is me

Velvet Blood likes this.
  18. Velvet Blood

accepted :]

19. pokemonnerd

I'd think characters like Kagero and Camilla would have gimped speed stats carrying around those assets.

I did get a 4 star Kagero from my Robin pool, so I'll start giving her more attention. Was wondering if poison dagger would be worth it but I guess the damage buff from being super effective outweighs only adding 2 Attack.

Also, might as well post my friend code:

EDIT: After grinding during the slow hours of work I have found that yes, the damage boost with poison dagger offsets the low power lmao

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  20. MetaMence

MetaMence Active Member

PO Trainer Name:
    MetaMence
    I've had some pretty good luck with my summonings except my most recent one where I got all 3 stars and 1 shit 4 star. My current team Is 5 Takumi,4 Corrin,4 Marth,and 5 Tharja. My friend code is 0245241714

21. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Gronnwolf red spell is super effective on cavalry units, so using a unit with that with Takumi / Kagero / armorslayer might just be the team to beat.

Poison Dagger+ does exist for 5-star Kagero btw. I've not upgraded her yet (cos feathers are rare as fuck), but that makes things a lot more interesting.

p.s. added metamence and pnerd

22. Velvet Blood

Got a 5 star hinoka

Joeypals!! and Professor Oak like this.
  23. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Too bad Hinoka is one of the worst princesses in Fates (I personally love her, talking statistically) ('-')_/ Nah but good job, I've yet to pull a 5-star

24. pokemonnerd

5 star Roy is still performing under par compared to other 5 star sword wielders. Still my strongest unit but it's really hurting my arena performance.

EDIT: He isn't Abel but I've got a 4 star Donnel and with Brave Lance he's able to alpha strike most of the 5 star sword lords alongside Kagero. He's a pretty useful unit to have around if you need a lancer.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  25. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Well, I just managed to get 5-star focus Roy, but I can't say I'm overly happy about it. Roy is probably one of the worst 5-star focus characters, and there were 2 colourless orbs that didn't result in Takumi, so I can't be happy. RIP my chances of Takumi, considering the summon boards change tomorrow.

26. pokemonnerd

I'm just mad that Roy's critical animation with binding blade isn't a special skill of his in the game. If they just balanced his awfully average stats (and very low speed for a sword lord) with either amazing skills or having the binding blade do much more for his stats like his home game does it would be so much better.

Roy is just a bunch of wasted potential at what could have been an interesting lord. Kind of like how he is pre-binding blade in his game.

27. Velvet Blood

I'm excited for the new summon and I wonder what other new things will be added into this game

28. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Eirika - fairly crap
    Seliph - fairly crap
    Ephraim - fairly crap
    Julia - looks like she might be cool

3 new stages are piss easy to do, 9 free orbs are nice tho

New missions to do involve beating the stages in specific ways, such as by having a red mage on your team. Also missions that require you to roll the new characters to get 20 great crests, which is crap.

Eh, I'm almost at 20 orbs, I'll give the thing a roll soon.

29. Velvet Blood

I got bad summons this time and I really want julia

30. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Good thing I've been training up Raigh since the beginning (words I never thought I'd type). Should be fun, doing the maps now... and by doing I mean letting auto-battle handle Normal for me while I skim the semi-existent story.

--- Post updated ---
    Summons time! Let's see what we get.

2 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Colorless, hmm...

Colorless gave me Serra (four stars). I think I already have a 4-Star Serra so that's OK I suppose.
    First Green gave me... Cherche (three stars). I think I have a Cherche too so *shrugs*
    Blue gave me... Est (three stars). Not impressed, trash. NEXT
    Red gave me... Laslow (three stars). My first Laslow so I'll take it but honey, mama kicks your ass.
    And finally, the second green gave me... Frederick (four stars). Not bad, not bad.

Could be better obviously but hey, I'll take what I can get.

31. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I got bored and decided to work out the best value option for purchasing orbs, cos I was sat on the toilet and had nothing else to occupy me at the time lol
    also note that I couldn't be arsed working it out as x.99, so just take 1p off of each price and that's what it is in the UK

3 for £2 = 1.5 orbs per £
    10 for £6 = 1.666 orbs per £
    23 for £13 = 1.769 orbs per £
    35 for £20= 1.75 orbs per £
    48 for £26 = 1.846 orbs per £
    75 for £39 = 1.923 orbs per £
    140 for £70 = 2 orbs per £

So generally, it's better value to get the more expensive options, with the exception of the 35 orb package being worse value than the 23 orb package.

In other news, Roy continues to be a constant disappointment.

Also for anyone who managed to get Tiki, check whether it speaks like a child or speaks like an adult. Apparently, the child Tiki is better than the adult Tiki. Apparently, male Robin is better than female Robin, and female Corrin is better than male Corrin, from what I've heard.

32. pokemonnerd

Theres no female robin playable character yet so that's a load of bull.

Female Corrin is a deer dragon magical bruiser with massive debuffing power so that's not surprising in the least lol.

They did make child Tiki better than the adult version, probably for the same reason Nowi exists whilst being 1000 years old.

And yes, Roy is a walking shitshow of disappointment. He's all I have until I pull another good 5* though, so I've at least learned to build a good 4* supporting core around him.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  33. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I'm a little interested in building an all-knight team. Admittedly, said team would be quite weak to Magic / Dragons (which is very bad because most of the best units are Magic or Dragons), but the support abilities that knights get to support other knights, the large variety of weapons for knights, and Hector make knights quite interesting.

Hector's Goad Armor (+4 Atk/Spd to armoured allies within 2 spaces) + Distant Counter + Axe
    Effie's Death Blow (+6 if starting combat) + Wary Fighter (no follow ups >50%) + Spear
    Sheena's Svalinn Shield (Armorslayers don't beat her) + Fortify Armor (+6 Def/Res to adjacent armoured allies) + Axe OR A DECENT RED UNIT / HEALER (I'd probably say Ryoma for distance-counters, Lucina to counter Fae, or Elise for Gravity / Kindled-Fire / Recover)
    Blue Mage: Linde - Fortify Res (+4 Res to adjacent allies) + Ardent Sacrifice (heal adjacent ally 10 HP, at the cost of 10 HP to yourself) + Aura (5 HP restored to adjacent allies when you initiate combat) + Blue Magic + huge attack + good speed + low defense which doesn't matter thanks to 2/3 knights | OR Robin - ignore everything else, we'd be using him for Blaraven, so he can hit colourless units super-hard.

Blue Magic, Effie's Spear and the general Resistance boosting can beat Red units.
    Hector and Sheena's Axes can take on Blue units, with Sheena's huge resistance (minimum of 30 is huge for a knight) helping to take hits from Blue Mages, as well as her Fortify Armor ability helping the others to take hits in general.
    Green units can be a pain. However, Fae is the only Green Dragon atm and she has the weakest Defense stat of all the Dragons. Green Mages aren't too common currently, though Julia might see some use now she's been added thanks to her Naga spell, but they pose the biggest threat of all, if they can get the OHKO. If not, they still lose to the sheer power of the units, and they need to be careful about trying to hit Hector.
    Colourless units mostly lose: Healers don't want to mess with any of them (especially Hector), though they do get free heals off if they can stay out of attack range; Archers can't do too much damage to the high-Defense units, and Hector and Robin can counter-attack hard them too; and the most popular dagger units struggle to do damage nor seriously dent the armour of the units unless backed up by strong mages, and Kagero can only hit any non-Knight units hard.

i got bored and wanted to theory some shit lol, I'm well aware they'd actually just get flattened by everything with better mobility and decent magic.

also there's no flying mages yet, figured that was worth noting

I made this post to waste time til 7am GMT, so I could get my daily 2 orbs and do a roll. Let's see:

Rank 4 Clarine - already got that exact unit, not a bad healer though
    Rank 3 Cecilia - already got that exact unit, she's terrible lol
    Rank 3 Sully - 3rd repeat :<
    Rank 4 Lilina - new unit, but with a Rank 5 Level 40 Leo, I won't use her at all
    Rank 4 Abel - ok so Abel is apparently alright as an anti-sword unit, might consider using him

Not as good as it could have been, oh well

34. pokemonnerd

Abel is an extremely good unit because he's a Brave weapon user on a horse. That kind of mobility coupled with killing power is extremely nice.

The all knight team is a fun concept. The only problem would probably be that a Nino might still blow you up, but other than that getting in range is the only problem. You could always use Roy to shove them!!!!

I mean Roy isn't bad, he's just not good. Though for a 5 star focus unit, being mediocre is probably the worst thing you could be.

Honestly if I get Eliwood I've wanted to do a cavalry team since Gunter has a goad cavalry ability as well, Frederick is already close to max level 4* and I'm building up a mounted magic user in Cecilia. Mainly because their mobility will let me kite units very well and Clarice would be an all star healer with defensive buffs and Fear.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  35. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Halfway through Chapter 7 on Lunatic, maxed out my 4 star Corrin so I'ma need those feathers to come in baaad

In the meantime, got 5 more rolls, let's see what we got!

3 colorless, 1 red, 1 blue... first time without a color so interesting.

First colorless... 4 star Felicia! Considering my other two Felicia so far are 1-star and 2-star, I'll happily take it and sacrifice the other two for feathers.
    The red gives me... 3-star Lon'qu... yay...?
    Second colorless... 4-star Gaius! I don't like Gaius to begin with (see: Top 10 Overrated Fire Emblem Units w/BLAZINGKNIGHT) and I already have a ninja, so he'll just be nice eye CANDY.
    The blue gives me... 3-star Robin, but he had a unique animation when I summoned him... odd. He'll be on the backburner.
    And the last colorless... another 4-star Felicia... OKAY! (she'll get the Feather treatment too)

36. pokemonnerd

Yeah all the focus units get that animation even if you don't get the 5 star version. It's just all of them besides Robin were guaranteed 5 stars iirc. Happened with my Robin and I was pretty pissed.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  37. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    So he's still Focus, cool

38. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Can confirm what pnerd said, happened to me too.

With that said, Robin is actually fairly shite imo. Unless the power boost from being a 5-star character + the power boost from his final weapon makes him a significantly better unit, I might just stop grinding up Robin at this point. Levelled him up to be a 4-star character, and he's just not pulling his weight at all.

Up to Lunatic 9-1 beaten now, 9-2 destroyed me. Think I'm going to need even more powerful units to be able to finish the last 4, and that's with my main 3 (Marth / Leo / Camilla) being maxed out now.

39. pokemonnerd

Robin's main shtick seems to be countering colorless units not named Kagero. He is one of the few mages that match up well against Takumi, and his high defense is pretty decent for killing archers in general. Against anything else he does fall a bit flat in my use of him though.

EDIT: Okay, now that I've leveled her up a bit more I can confirm Nino is incredible. Her tome converts any boosts she has into raw Attack, however she also gets to keep the boosts you stack on her. This compounds with attack boosts as well, which means you can stack every kind of boost possible onto her and watch her nuke enemies whIle probably doubling them if you raised her speed. I think they made her green for a good reason, because being blue would mean she could completely dominate the sword lords. Hell even doing neutral damage as a red unit would give her an edge in the arena.

And she's currently only a 3 star!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  40. pokemonnerd

pls don't infract me for double posting oak, I swear it will only probably happen again!

Got a Julia off of the huge amount of free orbs they're giving away from the new quests and new special maps. She's a dragon slayer; Naga is effective against all of them and she gets the Resistance+ skill line. Also starts off with 23 Attack for me so that's cool. Even though she'll do her best, Nino has someone to fight for a spot now though :/

AND I GOT FUCKING EPHRAIM! He doesn't look like anything too special, besides being a 5 star he mainly buffs and debuffs on the physical side. Still, I needed a 5 star blue unit, so this was nice. 2 focus units and some 4 stars to send home for feathers.

And I got a laugh after it asked me to rate the app with this pull.