1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pokemonnerd, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    fuck doing the 4-star Ursula map, I'd rather spend the 2k feathers to rank up the 3-star one, holy fuck that map is hard without having all s+/s units and/or dancers.

someone had Eldigan in the character battle for me to use, so that quest is 50% done now. Thank fuck for that.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  2. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    It turns out I had two Ninos the entire time (both only 3 star), but this was before I knew about IVs (or maybe natures would be the more appropriate term). I just simply picked one and started grinding it (currently lvl 33)...except it's +Res -Atk......-Atk. Anyways, after learning about natures, I decided to take a look at the untouched lvl 1 Nino. +Spd -Def. Definitely far better imo with only +Atk -Def possibly being better. (I have no idea what I can and can't OHKO or double.)

Whereabouts Unknown likes this.
  3. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    It's those Poison Daggers man. You'd need a Knight or some shit to avoid getting fucked by those, and the units that don't Ursula can easily dispatch. I'll happily (and have) take the 3-star and leave 4-star in the rear view.

4. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

I beat the ursula quests due to having a good squad that are all 5 stars and I'm on team Lucina

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  5. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Tried my luck after getting my 9 orbs from the sibling bonds paralogue. Needed an effie that I did not get.

Green unit also was not hector.

I still have 0 armor units. Feels bad man.

6. Velvet Blood

Bodied

Screenshot_2017-03-11-08-44-25.png

Fate Testarossa likes this.
  7. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I'm still sad that Chrom barely lost. I wanted it to be Lucina vs. Chrom, just like it was in Awakening. (Regna Ferox khan tournament)

In other news, I rolled for 5 more units. Got Azama, which seemed promising (even though it's +Def -Res, I still think that's p good), and then proceeded to get my 4th 3-star Arthur, my 3rd 3-star Raigh, and two 3-star Tikis (+HP -Spd, +Def -Res) even though I already have a 4-star one (+Atk -HP). So yeah, pretty damn disappointing. Nothing out of the ordinary unfortunately.

8. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    5 summons
    4 star Draug - got several
    3 star Felicia - got several
    4 star Oboro - got several
    3 star Eliwood - got several
    5-star Elise - FINALLY GOT SOMETHING DECENT, shame it's a healer.

Elise has -HP, +Res. OH COME THE FUCK ON.

9. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

TL;DR make due with the units you have, at this time 5 stars are most definitely not supposed to be easy to obtain, neither are orbs. Find enjoyment in beating the difficult lunatic portions of the game by leveling up your "shit" units and beating them with specific combinations of said units. Gacha games are not kind to F2P people who want everything the whales have access to immediately, or even relatively soon. It's the way the games make money.

I'm just gonna focus on the "could improve" parts since I want to give my opinion and am fairly experienced at being a free to play guy in these gacha games. They're called so for a very good reason, keep in mind.

"True" PVP is something that will never work in Fire Emblem, as long as there is a constraint on how many different characters you can bring into battles. And honestly, it wouldn't be that enjoyable due to that fact. There's already certain unit combinations that will absolutely demolish your team you take into it, however you also have to account for things like the fact that enemy Hectors will not just attack into your Roy, people will not send their Takumi to die on your male Robin and Tiki isn't going to be trying to bravely commit suicide on the end of a Falchion. It'll be like Checkers where there are definitive win or draw states no matter how well you've positioned your units.

You have all the content they'll be slowly putting out to rack them up outside of the normal "here's some apology orbs for surprise maintenance/hacker problems/whatever." Other than that, again, this is a gacha game. They make their money off of dangling extremely good banner characters in people's faces so they pull them with some money here and there, but most of all they have several people who will pump thousands of dollars into it. Those are the whales. They are the ones they are hoping takes interest in these crazy powerful 5 star units.

Basically, you need to work with what you got, because 5 star units are the absolute end game material right now. They should not be easy to acquire at this time, because then the whales get discouraged at how laughably easy it is to obtain them and stop spending money.

If you don't like that, keep finding ways to excel with the units you have pulled. I'd need to look on the sub reddit again but someone beat the Ursula map with a bunch of 3 star units. You can beat a lot of the current content out without 5 stars, you don't absolutely need to pull them. And even if you do, you're not beating legitimate whales who spent 2k on the game and have legit +10 Takumi and +6 Hectors. I mean, F2P people like us have no right beating whales in these kinds of games or else they wouldn't make money.

I find enjoyment in these games because I need to find ways to beat the current hardest super bosses and end game maps with what are considered weak or low tier units since I don't have the money to blow trying to get a super unit off of banners. I'd urge you guys to do the same if the "lack" of free orbs is troubling to you.

I'm also not expecting feathers to be easier to obtain for a while due to the reasons detailed above. For F2P, it should be significantly harder to obtain the best of the best units than the people spending money every week or day.

A lot of these games get shit in their first few months since their content is dry and the general functions of the game aren't completely ironed out yet (arena, the popularity contest that lucina just slaughtered, etc). I'd generally give these 2 and a half or 3 months before really worrying about whether it'll keep you captivated or not.

10. pokemonnerd

I believe this warrants a new post on its own: new banner heroes from FE7 - aka blazing sword and just "Fire Emblem" in America - are out now. With that being said:

ICE DRAGON NINIAN HYPE

This might be the first time I spend money on the game to get another shot at a banner lol.

We also got 20 free orbs. Right on time after my post about them lol.

11. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    when I saw Ninian, my initial reaction was "oh cool"

then I saw Dance, and I went "OH SHIT"

then I saw her abilities, and I am now pretty sure she'll be common in the Arena.

--- Post updated ---
    pulled:
    3-star Jagen - new, but shite (+Spd, -Res, not bad)
    3-star Stahl - repeat of a repeat (+Spd, -Res, best it could be)
    3-star Barst - repeat of a repeat (-Spd, +Def, utter shit)
    3-star Gaius - new, but shite (+HP, +Res, -Spd, -Def, not convinced)
    3-star Clarine - repeat of a repeat (+HP, +Def, -Atk, -Spd, would be ok without -Spd)

fffffffff

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    Fate Testarossa and Velvet Blood like this.
  12. Velvet Blood

I got a lot of 3 stars as well until I was on my last 12 orbs and I reseted the summon and got this

Screenshot_2017-03-14-06-41-45.png

13. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Was glad about those 20 free orbs and I immediately put them to use. I ended up pulling:

3-star Clarine (+Atk, -HP), this is my third one now
    4-star Sophia (+HP, -Def), already had a 3-star Sophia (+Def, -Spd)
    3-star Gunter (forgot the nature, it's now lvl 19 so I can check after 1 lvl up and an upgrade check), already had a 4-star Gunter (+HP, -Atk), that explains why I'm grinding the other one now
    3-star Tiki (+HP, -Atk), already had a 4-star Tiki (+Atk, -HP)
    3-star Laslow (neutral, first one so we'll see how he is after I'm done grinding a few other characters

So yeah, Laslow was the only decent summon. I guess Gunter was all right because of the supposedly better nature, just sucks that it's a star lower but oh well.

I have finally reached 20k feathers and I have no idea who I should 5 star.
    Anna
    Camilla (+Spd, -Res)
    Catria (+Atk, -Spd)
    Cecilia (+Atk, -Def)
    Corrin (F) (+Atk, -Res)
    Eliwood (+Atk, -Spd)
    Est (+HP, -Res)
    Felicia (neutral)
    Gunter (+HP, -Atk....lol)
    Gwendolyn (+HP, -Res)
    Hana (neutral)
    Jagen (lvl 19 so I forgot/can't tell his nature yet)
    Oboro (+Res, -Atk....really?)
    Peri (+HP, -Def)
    Raven (+HP, -Spd)
    Robin (M) (+Atk, -Res)
    Roy (+Res, -Def)
    Sakura (+Atk, -HP)
    Tiki (+Atk, -HP)

I'm kind of torn between Anna, Camilla, Corrin, Hana, and Tiki. Felicia has also been a lot of fun to use with high Res + Glacies (boosts damage dealt by 80% of Res).

14. Velvet Blood

u posted this twice :>

15. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Fuck Hana. If I were you, I'd go with either Tiki or Corrin. They're really good in Arena so.

16. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I didn't post it twice, forums are just bad. >:

Velvet Blood likes this.
  17. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I think with the options given to you, not choosing to rank up anything immediately would be the best choice. Nothing has a particularly amazing nature, and would arguably not be the best they can be in the Arena.

With that said, if you find you are lacking for a decent Axe unit, I'd probably say to jump for Anna. With all Annas being neutral, she is the closest to a perfect unit you currently have.

I'll post my current options for ranking up shortly, but I'm already mostly certain that I want Effie, based on the fact that she has the best stats possible, according to the rankings.

18. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Yeah, the natures are one of the reasons why I hadn't already 5-starred Camilla to begin with. Just wanted to see if others felt the same way.

19. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    41 orbs thanks to the Blazing Shadows focus, let's do this!

Board 1 -- 2 Blue, 1 Green, 2 Red... hmmm...

First blue is... 3-star Shanna... *yawn*
    First red is... 4-star Lon'qu. We take those but I have WAY too many swords.
    The green is... 4-star Fae! Me likely. (but "Guess what! I'm the last Dee... Dee?!" Seriously? How do you mix that and "Divine Dragon"?)
    Second red is... 4-star Seliph! AYYYYYYYYYYY! About time I got someone from that group.
    Second blue is... 4-star Reinhardt! First Reinhardt, very curious to see how he'll go.

Very solid set, let's keep it moving.

Board 2 -- 2 Colorless, 2 Red, 1 Green. So basically Blue for Colorless. What are you offering me...

First colorless is... 3-star Wyrs... *yawn*
    First red is... 3-star Tiki. Considering I have more than a few 4-star Tiki, that's disappointing.
    The green is... 4-star Focus Camilla!!!!!!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Second red is... 3-star Sophia... *shrugs*
    Second colorless is... 4-star Lissa. Not bad, not bad.

Overall a worse set but CAMILLA EYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

20. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Was able to do another round of summons thanks to the Blazing Focus maps.

3-star Donnel (+HP, -Spd): He's already available via the hero battles or whatever that quest is that shows up every week and changes each day (Donnel, Hana, Stahl, Wyrs, Olivia, etc.), so meh.
    3-star Azama (+Def, -Spd): Already have one of these, although it's +Def, -Res, so that's a slight improvement I guess.
    3-star Felicia (+Atk, -HP): Already have a 4-star one, so this is rather underwhelming.
    4-star Lachesis (+Atk, -Def): New person, I'll take it.
    4-star Fae (neutral): Another new person, and supposedly pretty decent.

I finally got non-garbage. It's only a matter of time until I roll all the broken meta people...I hope.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  21. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    yeah Fae's pretty good, take it and run with it.

me on the other hand, I got some new unit at 3-stars I don't care about, and 4 3-star repeats. Yay.

22. pokemonnerd

At this point I just see repeats as skill inheritance fodder. Their abilities are going to be useful on someone. Especially looking for anything with Harsh Command since I have Nino trained up.

I'm also lining up some units so that I can actually turn Roy into the sword tank he should have been on release. I just wish we knew how the inheritance will work.

Joeypals!! and Fate Testarossa like this.
  23. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    Skill Inheritance is out

[​IMG]

So far, I've learned:

1. Julia can inherit Nino's weapon Gronnblade. I think Nino's still a better user of it because of her speed, but that means most likely, Tharja's can be inherited by Leo, Lilina and friends. Yikes.
    2. Some skills and are not inheritable because of special limitations. Dance and Sing are some, thankfully.
    3. While some skills and weapons are limited by weapon/movement type compatibility, some hilariously aren't. Want to send Hector flying 2 spaces in the air with Felicia? Apparently you can, since Smite seems to be learnable by anyone.
    4. Dragon breath is weird. For dragons, it seems the color is linked to the character, not the weapon. So Fae can pass her Light Breath to Tiki without changing her color. This probably applies for other breaths, which is annoying, because now Corrin's special will be on every dragon and Corrin herself will become garbage.
    5. Renewal isn't limited by type or anything, so get ready for Renewal Hector.
    6. Vantage is probably learnable by Takumi, so we can just give up on life at this point lol.
    7. Bowbreaker can be learned by stuff that isn't ranged. Maybe there's hope for the resistance.
    8. Given 6 and 7, the new meta is going to be Vantage Takumi vs Bowbreaker on literally everything else.
    9. If Bowbreaker is free range, probably every other breaker is too.
    10. Fury Hector confirmed: Hector can now have 200 stat total. Give him Renewal as his B passive to heal off the Fury recoil and keep him above 80% so his weapon remains effective. I'm guessing Threaten Atk would be a good C passive for him, since it would like, make him unhittable. 52/40/22... with speed resting at 31. Takumi would need a Defiant Atk boost to even deal damage to him. Ryoma needs +Atk to do 23 damage... about enough to 3HKO, and no, he isn't doubling because his neutral max speed is 35. In return Hector does like 21 damage back anyway, and doubles because of Armads. tl;dr, your only hope is Young Tiki, who can do 36 damage and OHKO if her Special Growing Flame is ready. She can actually hold up to Hector's counterattacks alright as well.

People should post their discoveries while messing around with the new function. I'm limited because I'm garbage and only have so many units I can test with, but hopefully we can pool our resources and find out stuff.

24. pokemonnerd

I was prepared to always must have a red unit and a way to kill Takumi up at all times anyway. It's why this makes me so excited to test out a combo of skills that will elevate Roy to the S rank sword tank we need that does more than blow up greens.

Edit: holy shit the support potential for staff users just went through the fucking roof.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  25. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Bowbreaker on Leo would allow me to actually use Leo to take out Takumi if at full health. Considering Leo usually gets the first attack in, Quick Riposte is kinda naff on him anyway, so that's a switch I wouldn't mind doing at all.

POISON DAGGER CAN BE INHERITED BY OTHER DAGGER USERS.

It's being widely reported that Close Counter can be inherited, obviously at the cost of a Takumi unit. Naturally, almost every ranged unit that lacks an A skill will want this. In the same vein, at the cost of a Hector, Distant Counter can be inherited. Basically, the game is now "Glass Cannon vs Hector: The Game."

Falchion and Brynhildr cannot be inherited. As such, Fujin Yumi, Armads and other unique weapons cannot be inherited. Dance and Sing count under this too, apparently.

Hone Armor can still only be learned by armored units. I imagine Hone Cavalry, Hone Dragons and Hone Fliers are the same. Same with Goad / whatever the other boost is.

Lunge, Drag Back, Knock Back can't be learned by ranged units. Same with Holy Vestments, Aegis, Pavise, Buckler etc

Svalinn Shield (and other abilities that might be similar) can only be learned by armored units.

Ultimately, I feel like this is the update that will get me to eventually stop playing the game. Everyone who throws money into the game and/or gets really lucky with good units for good abilities will now destroy everyone else in the Arena, and makes the game significantly harder for anyone who is trying to spend as little money as possible.

EDIT: I'm now even more mad because Cherche with Brave Axe+ completely invalidates Camilla, so rip me.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  26. pokemonnerd

If it makes you feel better a lot of axe users with Brave axes are better than Camilla lol, only thing she had is flying+that.

Arena is also divided up into tiers, so eventually you'll be sorted into where you ultimately fit with everyone else. All the whales will eventually be carried to the top tier while people without much disposable income will stay lower. Which means, ultimately, you'll have a better shot at more feathers since the feather rewards don't change.

Arena is also getting reworked to be a bit more fair to everyone in general.

27. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I have yet to actually try anything out but Glacies and Ignis + Killer weapon or Brave weapon seems like a nice way to get serious damage done, especially because it would proc every other turn (or every turn if your unit's speed is high enough to double). Also, Live to Serve on any staff user, yes please.

28. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    More draws... wtf is with the 10th Stratum challenges? My only armored unit (besides Draug but he doesn't count) is Wendy.

Board -- 2 Colorless, 2 Blue, 1 Green... Takumi?

First colorless is... 3-star Lissa. Go the fuck away.
    First blue is... 3-star Est. As @Fate Testarossa knows I fuuuuuuuuuuuuucking hate Est. Garbage.
    The green is... 3-star Bartre. I'm pretty sure I already have a 4-star so trash.
    Second blue is... 3-star Subaki. I don't like you kid.
    Second colorless is... 5-STAR REBECCA!!!!! My first 5-star draw holy shit and a new character to boot HELLO!

A lot of shit leading up to a great draw.

29. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    All right, with the early stratum missions done, I got enough orbs for another round of summons. Let's see how it went.

3-star Arthur (+Res, -Spd): I have way too many of these. Just gonna be feather fodder or skill fodder.
    3-star Henry (+Res, -Def): I already have one or two of these with better natures. Most likely going to be skill fodder because of Ignis.
    3-star Bartre (+Res, -Spd): New character! Nature is pretty bad though, and I honestly don't care that much for his abilities. Brash Assault is eh imo and I'm not a fan of Fury; too easy to work around and rack up easy passive damage.
    5-star Lucius (+Spd, -Atk): Nice, one of the new characters. He kind of seems underwhelming, but I'm hoping he can do decent damage (yes, damage as a cleric). Wish he had -Def instead of -Atk though.
    5-star Fae (+HP, -Spd): Finally, something really good! A +HP nature is essentially both +Def and +Res, and it works well on decently bulky characters like this one if you ask me. Speed is the only stat that I would've lowered, so this is great.

As for the Skill Inheritance, I'm working on a set for Caeda. I grinded a few other characters in order to give her Glacies, Vantage 3, and Threaten Def 3. She has 36 HP/37 Atk/40 Spd/21 Def/34 Res (+Spd, -Def). Her damage is much lower than most units, so Glacies will help augment her damage (increase damage dealt by 27). Her high speed in tandem with Darting Blow 3 gives her 46 effective speed when initiating an attack, allowing her to double just about anyone and proc her Glacies more often. High Res also allows her to charge into mages, take their hits with ease, and kill them quickly since most have high Res but very low Def. I don't have Vantage 3 or Threaten Def 3 learned yet (because high as fuck SP costs and I can't level up anymore), but the former allows me to counterstrike first against any melee (at 27 HP or lower) while the latter helps me do a bit more damage. I was considering making her inherit Killing Edge+ or Brave Sword+, but she would really struggle against armored units, so I've kept her weapon at the Armorslayer+ that she started with.

Another set I want to try out (and have yet to make any progress toward) is one on Linde with Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, and either Glimmer or Luna. Life and Death for the obvious increased power and speed (will guarantee I one shot any Takumi (even a +HP or +Res)), Desperation 3 for instantly doubling ranged people (or units with Close Counter, Distant Counter, Rajinto, or Lightning Breath) so they have no chance at retaliation, and Glimmer for more damage (+50% should be more than enough, Astra's 150% has an extra charge turn making it far less ideal for a glass cannon) or Luna for shredding Resistance when I attack. (I think with the way the meta is as well as the opponents in the upper tier Stratums, Glimmer is better as most units have low enough Res for Linde to one shot them. For those that have high Res, most of them are usually weak to Linde anyways or still get 2 shot with the help of Glimmer.) Not sure if I should consider giving her a different weapon, like Blarraven+. I think Aura is fine; the small bit of healing helps my teammates too.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  30. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Oops got to 20 orbs again let's draw once more!

Board -- 2 Red, 1 Colorless, 1 Green, 1 Blue. Little bit of everything this time.

First red is... 3-star Eliwood. New unit so I'll take it. Did I really need another horse though?
    Colorless is... 3-star Matthew. WAY TOO LATE TO THE PARTY PAL!
    Green is... 3-star Arthur... *yawns*
    Blue is... 3-star Gwendolyn. I mean, /technically/ my third armored unit so I shouldn't be too bummed but I already have a 3-star Wendy ._.
    Second red is... 3-star Selena.

So, 50 shades of shit. Awesome.

31. pokemonnerd

Hey with Eliwood and Gunter you can play Horse Emblem. It's actually not bad at all honestly.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  32. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    As a person with a 4-star Gwendolyn, lol she's fucking horrid. No fucking attack for a Knight. She does get Hone Armor for +6 Atk/Spd to other armored allies though, which is useful for inheritence if nothing else.

33. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    tbf she was the worst Knight in her game too, and they were all ass.

34. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Got a few more stratum quests done, and with the daily login, was enough to get me another 20 orbs. I doubt I'll ever be able to get the tenth level stratum quests done; the others were simple though, thankfully.

4-star Clarine (+Res, -Spd): Already have 3 of these or something. Nature is bleh. Feather or skill fodder most likely.
    4-star Catria (+Spd, -Res): Already have one, but this is a much better nature since my Atk isn't reduced.
    4-star Corrin (F) (neutral): Already have one, but nothing wrong with getting another. Not sure if I'll feather or skill fodder it or not though.
    4-star Jeorge (+Atk, -Def): New character! Usually nice to see, and this is no exception. Will be fun seeing how he works out.
    4-star Sheena (+Spd, -Def): Those cunts would give me a shitty nature for a new and good character too, smh. Probably going to skill fodder this.

35. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Birthday draws!

Board -- 3 red, 2 colorless... hmm. Well it certainly fits my color scheme.

First red is... 3-star Sophia. I have way too many of you, hell child.
    First colorless is... 4-star Jakob! My first Jakob, I'll happily take that.
    Second red is... another 4-star Eliwood. I'm not complaining but o_k.
    Second colorless is... 4-star Clarine! I'll take that she's cute.
    Third red is... 3-star Eliwood. B R U H

So if that's anything to judge my upcoming year on, I'm going to be riding horses, be dutiful, read some books, and slash anything in sight while guarding my friends.

36. pokemonnerd

Did a bunch of scattered summonings chasing blue orbs for a ninian and got a bunch of repeat 4 and 3 stars, though I did get 2 of Odin so that's nice for his activated skill.

37. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Samphire just texted me from work saying she just pulled a Ninian. In a completely unrelated note, she will be sleeping on the couch for an undisclosed amount of time.

I'm up to about 45 Orbs now. I've decided to save for the next focus, because I'm not overly invested in most of the heroes of this, and it has cost me enough Orbs already.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  38. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I wish I had the patience to save up past 20 orbs. I just always feel like the units I have are underwhelming.

39. Velvet Blood

I got impatient when I had like 34 orbs today so I summoned twice and got both jeorge and kagero as 4 stars, honestly I'm pretty happy I got kagero and will make her into a 5 star soon + love poison dagger

40. jaume98

jaume98 New Member

One summon of 5 orbs and yeahhh

PD: How I can see the nature of the heroes?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  41. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning Forum Moderator Channel Leader Forum Moderator Channel Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    A while ago I had 40+ orbs, so I pulled twice. Pull 1 I literally got five 3*s, none of which were new. Then on the second pull I got...

5 star Jaffar
    5 star Sakura
    (some other shit)

I actually got those two five stars back to back. I thought I was tripping. Then they asked me rate the app.

That said, Sakura is going to need a lot of ability feeding to be much good; I will definitely sacrifice my Azama to get her Live to Serve. Jaffar is certainly not bad, I just hope he doesn't fall off in terms of kill power in high tiers.

I was actually more happy when I got the Android free Corrin-F. I almost have enough feathers to 5 star her, so yay. She's a neutral nature, as I'm sure all free giveaways are, but that's probably her third or fourth best set tbh. I listed earlier why I think nerfing any of her defenses would actually be worse than nerfing her speed, and of course -Atk sucks. She's about the only character I would argue that about, since speed is almost always necessary for offense or defense. But a fully rounded Corrin with no nerfs is certainly not bad.

Of course, that analysis changes now that everything can learn Speed +3 to jump 2 speed tiers, and Threaten Spd and stuff are randomly all over the place. One thing to consider is Linde is no longer distinguished by her top tier speed, since many might forgo Speed +3 for a better A Passive like Defiant Atk or whatever. At the same time she can also have Odin's book so probably boosting her speed is the best strat anyway, she won't need much help with KOs when she can get a theoretical +20 atk boost from allies.

How is everyone doing with the Tenth Stratum Training Tower quests? I almost finished the Infantry one, which is easy since Infantry are versatile. I am working on the Pegasi based one, which is way harder since you can't heal (except for Breath of Life on Flourina), you can't use anything that hits Res instead of Defense, and of course, you shouldn't even try if you see they'll spawn an Archer. Next up for me is Cavalry, which is maybe doable with a Clarine and some good team support. I don't have Leo or any other Book reading horsemen, so same problem occurs as before: can't hit Res. There's also the risk they give you a map which is garbage for horses, like the one that's 75% forest or the lava maze where you start at the top.

As for Armor, I'm not even going to try. Even if I had 4 lv 40s it would be so absurdly hard that it would take several redos. The main problem is that you can't let a single unit die. With Armor, it's very hard to protect or retreat weakened units. You'd have to pass them all Pivot and Reposition, or Wings of Mercy/Escape Route, to even try to make it work, but even then those have problems. For instance, you will always be losing weapon triangles since the enemy's units have more movement. I would be interested to see if anyone can figure out how to pull it off, without just counterteaming (like, "oh they have 3 Swords and a Cleric, let me bring my team of 4 Effies" etc).