1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pokemonnerd, Feb 5, 2017.

1. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

>lack good colorless units
    >owns kagero

She's literally a third of the good colorless units that barely needs SI to be extremely relevant and not dead weight lol. I know horse emblem is a thing and flier/armor emblem for the extremely lucky/whales with tons of disposable income, but for everything else there's Kagero.

But I don't see why anyone wouldn't pull colorless. Getting the legend Wrys himself is always great.

Fate Testarossa likes this.
  2. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Well this is... a board.

Four colorless, one red.

First colorless is... 3-star Matthew. Please fuck off.
    Second colorless is... 3-star Lissa. Ugh
    The red is... *crosses fingers*... 3-star Raigh. FUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
    Third colorless is... 4-star Niles. OK, cool.
    Fourth colorless is... 4-star Wyrs.

I feel trolled.

3. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    You made the mistake of pulling colorless orbs, rip. I have 35 orbs saved up and since none of these banners (or the upcoming banner) have good focus sword units, I just won't be pulling from any of them.

Speaking of the new banner, has anyone seen the new characters and their abilities?

Celica
    Weapon: Ragnarok (red tome)--14 Mt; if unit has 100% hp at the start of combat, they gain Atk/Spd +5; if initiating an attack, unit receives 5 damage after combat
    Special: Blazing Light
    A skill: Distant Def 3--if unit is attacked by any ranged weapon (bow, magic (I think this includes breath weapons despite those users being melee), daggers, staff), unit receives Def/Res +6 during combat
    C skill: Spur Def 3

Boey
    Weapon: Gronnowl+ (green tome)--10 Mt; during combat, unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res is boosted by 2 for each adjacent ally (maximum of 6)
    Special: Ignis
    A skill: Earth Boost 3--if unit has at least 3 more HP than enemy at the start of combat, unit receives Def +6 during combat
    B skill: Renewal 3

Mae
    Weapon: Blarowl+ (blue tome)--10 Mt; during combat, unit's Atk/Spd/Def/Res is boosted by 2 for each adjacent ally (maximum of 6)
    Assist: Draw Back
    B skill: Desperation 3
    C skill: B Tome Exp. 3--if unit survives combat, all blue magic users on team get 2x exp

Cenny
    Weapon: Gravity
    Assist: Physic
    Special: Heavenly Light
    B skill: Wrathful Staff 3--damage from unit's staff will be calculated the same as other weapons

The owl tomes are pretty cool, especially because they count as spur [atk/spd/def/res] abilities so they stack with your hone/fortify skills from teammates, so if you don't have a blade team, you can always consider making an owl team. Ragnarok is obviously amazing, and now healers can do damage with Wrathful Staff. Distant Def is a great ability to pair up with Ragnarok; if you're bulky enough to take no damage when you're attack during enemy phase, you can KO them when they attack you with the Atk/Spd +5, and then still be at full HP to keep Atk/Spd +5 on the player phase. The stats for these characters haven't been released yet.

4. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

#makeluciusgreatagain

5. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Unless we get a 16 might legendary staff with a powerful ability (though Gravity is probably 2nd best), I can't see Wrathful Staff being too useful. Still, Cenny only really needs Rehabilitate to be a pretty good healer imo... if his stats are good.

Mae looks like she has the makings of a relatively cheap-to-build strong Blue Mage. Draw Back is a good ability, Desperation is awesome but needs her to be super-fast to work properly, and upto Fury 3x2 if your allies are around you? Slap Hone Atk or Hone Spd on her, and that's going to work well. She'll likely still be outclassed by Linde as a glass cannon, but she may be more useful as a bulky-but-fast Mage. Of course, this is just theory.

Boey is going to have a lot of HP. If he doesn't, he's fucking pointless other than to be Renewal 3 fodder. The Fury/Hone comment applies here, but I'm already doubtful he's going to be as cheap to build. I reckon he'll be slightly similar to Robin-M, a high Def Mage. High Def / HP, ok Res, ok Atk, low Spd is my prediction.

Distant Def 3 works really well with Ragnarok's effect, but I think you'd need to sacrifice some stats from the offensive side to make Celica work. Otherwise, things such as Nino will still just damage you and ruin your 100% HP. Renewal 3 would be needed to maintain the effects of Ragnarok, and you'd probably be best going with Noontime/Sol for your Special to also keep your health high. Btw, Breaths all attack from 1 space away, so Breaths will not activate this ability.

Despite the potential... err... potential of these units, I'll probably be saving orbs / pulling other stuff instead.

6. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    pulling female mages, oh bby

1st board: 2 colourless, 1 green, 2 red:
    4* Lucius = +Atk, -Spd, immediately gave Elise Pain, Martyr and Miracle. Fuck Lucius.
    4* Clarine = +Atk, -Def, immediately gave Elise Fear, Swift-Winds Balm and Resistance +1. Fuck Clarine.
    3* Beruka = +Atk, - HP, arguably the best Beruka I've had thus far.
    3* Hinata = +Spd, -Def, Fury fodder is nice.
    4* Hinata = +Res, -Spd, at least I don't need feathers for Fury 3 now lol

2nd board: 1 colourless, 1 blue, 3 reds
    4* Clarine = +Spd, -Atk, actually gonna keep it, one of the best natures for her
    3* Robin-M = +Spd, -Def, clone of another one I have, almost perfect
    3* Draug = +Spd, -Atk, utter shite, feathers.
    3* Hana = +Res, -HP, Life and Death fodder.
    4* Roy = +Spd, -Atk, hello Triangle Adept 3 fodder.

3rd board: 1 colourless, 1 blue, 1 green, 2 reds.
    4* Clarine = FOR FUCK'S SAKE. +Res, -Atk, feathers.
    4* Gwendolyn = +Def, -Spd, arguably best nature, but might be Hone Armor fodder for Hector.
    3* Gunter = +HP, -Def, Hone Cav fodder / feathers.
    4* Seliph = +HP, -Def, kinda bored of crappy Seliphs, might be feathers.
    3* Stahl = +Def, -HP, Swap fodder I guess.

4th board: 2 blues, 1 red, 1 green:
    3* Florina = +Def, -Atk, fodder for almost everything she has though.
    4* Corrin-M = NEW UNIT, +Spd, -Res, arguably best nature for him. Not bad at all.
    4* Fae = NEW UNIT, +Spd, -Atk... I'm actually considering using her as Renewal 3 fodder.
    4* Lukas = +Def, -Atk, fodder, but Fort Def 3 is 5* :<
    5* Olwen = NEW UNIT, -Def, +Res, not great, but a nice unit to have.

Some nice fodder, didn't get a single one of the Focus mages I was after (read: Julia or Linde), but a few nice new units. No big shiny new toys that'll feature primarily in any teams though.

Also, I promoted Nino to 5* now. She's soon to be the beast she always knew she could be.

7. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    ooh i got a 5 star julia from female mages

8. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Nice, that's the best counter (honestly the only one) to Reinhardt. That and she has a surprising amount of power.

9. pokemonnerd

Julia is one of the best greens in the game since she can 1v1 most other mages not named Tharja. I love FE4 and unlike Seliph she doesn't dissapoint.

I caved into the dark side and 5 starred my Reinhardt with all this influx of feathers recently. The difference a Brave weapon makes on a character is gigantic.

10. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

That aside, anyone here getting fe echoes and what do u expect from the game?

11. pokemonnerd

Boat maps.

Loads and loads of glorious fighting on boats.

Besides that I don't know what to expect, although from what I've heard they're staying loyal to how Gaiden played out. Don't know when I'll actually be able to get it though.​

12. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Took some time off because I was really getting bogged down by focusing on Heroes so much, coming back with a new focus (both literally and mentally). Now, my summon board.

3 red, 1 green, 1 blue.

First red is... FOUR STAR MARTH! HELLO!!! God I've been waiting for him forever so fucking happy right now.
    The blue is... 3-star Florina. Ew.
    Second red is... 3-star Palla. Double ew.
    The green is... 4-star Gunter. I mean, OK but... why?
    Third red is... another 3-star Palla. OKAY.

Thank you for Marth RNG, but fuck everyone else.

13. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Remember that Palla is godlike for SI, with Moonbow, Goad Fliers and Wings of Mercy 2 all available at 4*.
    Otherwise, welcome to the Hero King club.

I'd like to get Echoes, but I'd rather save my money for other things that I need more importantly for life currently.

Joeypals!! likes this.
  14. EvilDingoRobot

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    idk how to do any of that skill transfer or whatever

but i got a ryoma, ninian, nino, julia, and nowi at 5 stars and that makes me happy

15. pokemonnerd

Horse Emblem is calling to you. 4 star Gunter is a Goad Cavalry on any horse you want it on.

16. pokemonnerd

I have made a terrible error.

I accidentally pulled colorless because it was next to a blue orb while having a pity percentage.

I now have a 5 star Lucius laughing at my misfortune.

17. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    *insert price is right failure horn here*

HINOKA BAE ON BANNER, TIME TO SPEND 500 ORBS.

1st banner: 1 colourless, 1 green, 2 reds, 1 blue:
    3* Felicia - don't care, fodder/feathers
    3* Sophia = +Spd, -Atk, fodder/feathers
    3* Draug = don't care, feathers
    3* Frederick = +Res, -HP, cool, I was running low on Luna/Wings fodder.
    3* Subaki = +Res. -HP I've got about 12 of Subaki now, feathers.

2nd banner: 1 colourless, 1 blue, 3 reds:
    3* Wrys - don't care, this isn't bad cos I needed Rehabilitate for Elise.
    3* Donnel - don't care, awesome fodder.

3rd banner: 4 greens, 1 red:
    4* Arthur - +Spd, -Res. Lancebreaker 3 fodder is always welcome.
    3* Tiki-A - Bonfire fodder is nice.
    3* Gunter - fodder/feathers
    4* Cherche - +HP, -Res, feathers or merging with other Cherche.
    3* Gunter - fodder/feathers

4th banner: 2 colourless, 1 green, 2 reds
    4* Virion - note to self, stop pulling colourless

5th banner: 2 colourless, 2 blues, 1 red:
    3* Florina = Darting Blow fodder.
    5* HINOKA THE BAE - +Res, -HP is pretty trash, but FLIER EMBLEM IS NOW IN BUSINESS!

6th banner: 1 blue, 2 greens, 1 red, 1 colourless
    4* Jagen = feathers/fodder
    3* Cherche = fodder or merging
    4* Lon'qu = guess I'll get rid of a 3* one lol
    3* Felicia = feathers / fodder
    4* Bartre = feathers, probably

7th banner: 2 blues, 2 colourless, 1 red:
    4* Oboro = +HP, -Atk, awful, feathers
    5* HINOKA THE BAE = +Spd, -Res is so much better. Other one is likely being merged, or will be Brave Lance+ / Hone Fliers fodder.
    3* Lissa = Renewal fodder, thank goodness.
    3* Wyrs = a step too far, probably feathers.
    3* Draug = terrible finish, feathers.

getting Ninian, Raven for Brave Axe+ or Klein for Brave Bow+ / Death Blow 3 would all be awesome, but w/e, HINOKA <3

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Fate Testarossa and pokemonnerd like this.
  18. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I was really hoping there would be a sword unit on that banner, but alas, there isn't. Time to wait another 2 weeks and hope the next banner has a good one. I'm sitting on about 100 orbs. I better fucking get something good when I pull or I'm going to be beyond pissed (as usual).

Professor Oak likes this.
  19. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I may as well try my hand at the Celica banner again. Come on Lady Luck!

Board -- 2 Blue, 2 Colorless, 1 Red. Come on Genny...

First blue is... 4-star Abel! New unit, very nice.
    First colorless is... 3-star Virion. Please fuck off.
    The red is... 3-star Tiki (adult). Urghhh
    Second colorless is... 3-star Serra. GRAHH
    Second blue is... 3-star Sully. gdi

I have the worst luck lately I swear.

20. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Pulling colorless orbs. Ultimate trap (even though you were going for a certain colorless unit).

21. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    So I just spent all my stamina grinding up the 4 units I'm currently working on getting to Level 40 (5* Nino, 4* Corrin-M, 5* Olwen, 4* Xander). Finished up, and decided "eh, fuck it, let's see what there is to pull":

1st board: 2 blues, 2 reds, 1 colourless:
    5* Focus Ninian = OH BOY DID I JUST FUCKING DO THAT ON THE FIRST PULL! Neutral. Not ideal, but I can work with it. Awesome.
    3* Florina = getting close to max units, so feathers
    3* Sophia = feathers
    4* Cain = +Spd, -HP, decent unit, but Wings of Mercy 3 fodder seems more likely. For Ninian, perhaps?
    4* Gaius = feathers

2nd board = 1 blue, 2 reds, 1 green, 1 colourless:
    3* Est = feathers
    5* Focus Raven = Cool. +Def, -Res.

Suggestions on what I should do with Raven pls. Was thinking of merging him into Cherche for Threaten Def 3 and Brave Axe+ on Cherche, but might just use him instead. idk

Sorry Joey, I think I stole your luck =/

22. Crystal Moogle

Crystal Moogle Ayaya~

PO Trainer Name:
    Hanako
    I read oak's post and decided to use all 20 of the free orbs

[​IMG]
    :D

23. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
  24. pokemonnerd

This is fine, me and Lucius are enjoying each other's company.

25. EvilDingoRobot

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    hey i got another 5 star ninian

also how do you know if a hero is focus or not
    and what is focus

26. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    The heroes that are displayed on the banner itself are the "focus heroes" of that banner. For the Battling Lloyd banner, this means that the focus heroes are: Hinoka, Ninian, Klein and Raven. You have the same % chance of pulling one of the "focus heroes" as you do of pulling a 5* unit that is not a focus hero.

So at the very start of the banner:
    - you've got a 3% chance of pulling one of Hinoka, Ninian, Klein and Raven at 5*, as 5* Focus units (roughly 0.75% each).
    - you've got a 3% chance of pulling any other unit that can be pulled at 5*, as non-Focus units (roughly 0.05% each). If a Focus unit is available at 5* normally, they can still be pulled in this chance.
    - you've got a 36% chance of pulling any unit that can be pulled at 4* (fuck working this out).
    - you've got a 58% chance of pulling any unit that can be pulled at 3* (again, fuck this shit).

So, me pulling Hinoka, Ninian and Raven means it is likely that I hit the higher % chance of pulling them, meaning they were 5* Focus units. However, if I had pulled an Ike out of somewhere, I managed to hit the lower % chance in the second bracket as a non-Focus 5* unit.

tl;dr focus = the banner focuses on them

27. EvilDingoRobot

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    ok ok so focus heroes are not better than if they were pulled when non focus
    got it

28. Joeypals!!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    I'm gonna put it here since Fire Emblem related.

In about a week, I'm going to make a thread for Fire Emblem Echoes. Just a lil announcement as to what to expect. I just want time for people to actually play the game before I come out with a thread like "WHOOP THERE IT IS!". Please refrain from making Echoes threads before then, I will delete them as within a week of release is far too soon, imho.

Carry on~

29. pokemonnerd

SPOILERS FOR ECHOES:

ALM GETS A FALCHION

You may now continue with your daily Fire Emblem Heroes thread reading.

30. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Cool. I'll probably post in the thread once I start and finish the game, which probably won't be for a good year sadly.

31. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Brides will be coming to the game in a little over 24 hours. Thoughts?

I think a few of the abilities are quite interesting. Everyone's weapon except for Lyn's gives Def/Res +2 to adjacent allies after initiating combat, so it could be cool to use for blade mages, but I doubt it will see much use outside of the original owners simply because it can't stack with rally or hone skills. Caeda is nothing special to be honest. They should've made her a flying mage unit, but oh well. She'll probably just be outclassed by other mages. Charlotte is probably only a small step up from Caeda with her Wind Boost 3, but that's kind of gimmicky at best. As for Cordelia, her assist is basically more help and support that blade mages didn't already have, a rally that boosts both attack AND speed by 3 (and subsequently boosting damage dealt by blade mages by 9). Lyn, despite being a staff user, has the most interesting abilities of them all. Her weapon afflicts whoever she attacks with a status that prevents them from counterattacking until the end of their turn. As for being able to safely attack others to proc this status effect, her B skill, Dazzling Staff 3, does just that: it prevents enemies from counterattacking her.

As nice as this sounds, outside of Lyn's skills and Cordelia's assist, I find it rather underwhelming, but maybe I was simply asking for too much. The worst part is that none of them are sword units. As tempted as I already am (and will probably be moreso after seeing it all in action) to pull on this banner, I think I will continue doing what I've been doing since hero fest and simply not pull at all. I have 113 orbs saved up, and one day, they'll be put towards the noble goal of summoning a powerful Ryoma, Lucina, Eirika, or Lyn.

For those that do plan on pulling, the nice thing is that two of the units are blue, and every blue hero is either viable in arena from the start or is good skill inheritance fodder as a 4* unit (with the exception of Est and Sully, though Sully does have Draw Back as a 3* unit). However, for the other two units, they are colorless, which means you will have to search through the endless ocean of garbage healers, mediocre dagger users, and mediocre archers (obviously there are a few good healers, archers, and...well, one good dagger user, but you get my point) to find them.

Either way, I'm excited to see how this all turns out. Best of luck to those that end up pulling on this banner.

32. pokemonnerd

Eh, just gonna save orbs. I love Lyn but I'm still reeling from Lucius trolling me and I'd rather not have another. Plus the Choose Your Legends banner that will eventually come out may have Lyn too, and she might have a bow there. That's something I'd strive for pulling.

33. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    considering the lack of daily orbs, and that most of these units look pretty poop, I'll either not pull, or just pull colourless for the chance of Cordy / Lyn but mostly cos I want some fucking archers. Probably the former.

EvilDingoRobot likes this.
  34. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Got bored, summons on brides:

1st board = 2 blues, 3 colourless:
    4* Abel - +Spd, -Res, not bad, still likely Swordbreaker 3 fodder.
    4* Oboro - +HP, -Spd, feathers or fodder.
    3* Gordin - +Atk, -HP, it's alright I guess.
    4* Serra - crap nature, doesn't matter, absorbed my 3* one into Elise.
    3* Azama - +Atk, -Spd, feathers or fodder.

2nd board: 1 blue, 4 reds:
    3* Eliwood - don't care, feathers.

3rd board: 4 colourless, 1 red:
    3* Setsuna - -Def, +Res, shit nature but awesome fodder.
    3* Gaius - don't care, feathers
    4* Saizo - +Spd, -Atk, shame, Poison Strike 3 fodder
    5* Focus Bridal Lyn - +Atk, -HP, I'm unsure on the nature, but Lyn <3

Was pulling for Cordy tbh, but I'll take that.

35. pokemonnerd

Camus Grand Hero Battle and his banner is up now. Camus himself is a blue spear cavalry unit.

Focus units are Jaffar, Olwen(co-owner of Dire Thunder but weaker than Reinhardt), Young Tiki and Fae.

Worth pulling for Tiki since she's a really good Red and Fae is a great Green tank due to hitting Resistance. Lots of spear blues are weak on that side. Olsen is meh, Jaffar is kind of bad as well.

36. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Was really hoping a good sword unit would be on this banner that I could pull for. Haven't had one since Ike's banner and Hero Fest's Ryoma. Hinata's not bad, but he doesn't count to me. Oh well. The orbs continue to pile up; currently sitting at 150 now.

37. pokemonnerd

[​IMG]

Lucius didn't get the chance to troll me this time. Just need to get Hector with my last orbs like I got Ike and Lyn now.​

38. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    tempest trials are hard

pulled on banner, got fodder + 5* Lucina, but -Spd +Res is shite

39. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I've managed to save up 170 orbs. I plan on pulling on this banner for a good Lucina, then I'll give the Tempest Trials a shot + do that Xenologue.

40. pokemonnerd

Have fun pulling Tharja Fate!

Just as a heads up, this "Marth" character that you can win from the Vortex actually has the same stat line as Lucina. Weird coincidence. It's worth aiming for even to get the 4 star version since you can 5 star him later.