1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pokemonnerd, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Yeah, I finished streaming my summons about an hour ago. Of course, I only pulled red orbs. Sadly, I didn't get Lucina, but I did manage to pull 5* Ike (+Atk, -Def), 5* Nowi (+Atk, -Def) since one of the circles was 1 blue and 4 colorless, 5* Ike (+Atk, -Res), TWO 5* Tharjas (one +Spd, -Def and the other +HP, -Spd), as well as a bunch of great fodder, such as Abel (Swordbreaker), THREE Cains (Wings of Mercy), Odin (Blarblade, Moonbow), Palla (Moonbow), and FOUR Hinatas (Fury). Other notable units are Marth (neutral) and Lilina (+Spd, -Res).

I deserved this. I waited 6-7 weeks saving up orbs, and I'm pretty damn glad I got these pulls.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    pokemonnerd and Professor Oak like this.
  2. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    1st board: 1 red, 2 colourless, 2 green:
    4* Eirika = +Atk, -Res, not terrible, probably gonna 5* it

2nd board:
    4* Gwendolyn = fodder / feathers
    3* Sophia = feathers
    3* Hannah = feathers

Glad to get a decent Eirika, even if it's not the perfect one I wanted.

Fate Testarossa likes this.
  3. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar dankest john

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    my first pull this banner was lucina shoudlve stopped after that

4. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

I'm not pulling this one. Already have enough good reds and a Lucina and Nowi and Robin of my own and Tharja just isn't that appealing to pull for me.

These vortex maps are insane though. Not being able to change your team up every map makes you cover all your bases in 4 members and a healer is recommended.

5. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar dankest john

PO Trainer Name:
    John
    ive always used a healer. bride lyn is just too good. leveling nowi up too so im def using lyn / nowi 2 fillers instead of lyn / ephraim / ranged fillers

6. Professor Oak

Professor Oak same Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    got lucky, pulled 2 Nowi on that banner, and then another 5* Rebecca, a 5* Corrin-M (on a board with no colourless orbs) and a Bridal Cordelia before the Bridal banner ended.

With a decent Nowi pulled, I'm missing: a decent Archer with a decent nature, and a decent Ryoma / Ike. I might be able to build up a Gordin if needs be, so I might just end up pulling solely Red orbs from this point on. Time to save up 200 orbs like Fate did!

pokemonnerd and Fate Testarossa like this.
  7. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Some of the new units have some pretty nifty abilities. Katarina is a great red mage imo, with stats similar to Tharja's (less HP and Def in exchange for a lot more Res), and she comes with Swift Sparrow. Attack Ploy is all right I guess. Athena seems like she could be really good with skill inheritance: very high speed, decent attack, and good defenses for a fast sword unit as well. Low HP is the only drawback. Her default kit is strong on its own as she comes with Moonbow, which will almost always proc in a melee matchup thanks to her high speed, which in turn triggers Wo Dao's 10 extra damage. Sturdy Blow allows her to make trading a lot more favorable as long as she is initiating. Luke isn't that bad either, especially for a mounted unit (most of them have one stat that is extremely low, but his lowest is his Res at 20). Panic Ploy is obviously fantastic for checking/countering blade tome users and horse/flier emblem teams. Fire Boost is good on him, but would probably be better on someone with a higher base HP (such as armored units) to give them a psuedo-permanent +6 attack during battle provided they stay healthy (which most can thanks to abilities like Wary Fighter). Roderick seems to have pretty solid and balanced stats all around. His Firesweep Lance+ is great, and it has a noticeably high Mt for the kind of weapon that it is. It has the same power as a Silver Lance+, while the Firesweep Bow+ had 2 less power than Silver Bow+. Another cool thing he has is drag back, which would work exceptionally well on arena defense teams. He can charge at a melee enemy, attack with no damage taken in turn (so weapon triangle means nothing), and then drag them back a space for teammates to follow up and finish off. As nice as these units are or can be, I won't be pulling on this banner.

I still want a Lucina (+Spd, -anything other than Atk), so I will be saving up my orbs until the final day of the tempest banner. As such, I am also aiming for 100k points in the tempest so I can get those 15 extra orbs (currently at 60k so I already got the first 3 orbs). I also still have yet to do the new paralogues and their respective quests (12 orbs total). I've already managed to salvage 54 orbs, so with the daily orbs on top of that, I'm hoping I'll be around 100 when it comes time for me to pull again, but we'll see.

I know I already have masked Marth and he has the same stats as Lucina, but the nature (by default, free/GHB units are always neutral) is what matters a lot to me. That +spd will be necessary especially for arena (Chrom is slow as fuck and Ike is honestly too slow for the way the meta is right now). That being said, the amount of SP and HM you get from the trials is great. It only took me 3 days to get the max 2k hero merit on my newly pulled Tharja. Cherche and Linde are both sitting at about 4500 SP.

8. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

When "masked marth" is a lucina

9. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Eh, even with only 31 speed, Ike can still be tailored to fit your team rather well.Distant Counter built in gives him a lot of room to run anything you need him to, really. He's more of a bait unit then a "position and forget" unit like Ryoma. Quick Reposte can guarantee you double something if you need him to kill ridiculously fast reds/colorless, he naturally has Swordbreaker and can inherit Red tome breaker if you need him to kill Tharja/Cecilia on a bait. If you use him as a bait+kill character, Aether also becomes much more relevant and Heavy Blade is normally able to activate on many of the mages if you can get them away from their buff bots.

He gets a lot better with +Speed since with a Speed seal he hits 35 which lets him make a ton of relevant units miss doubles on him with Fury 3. Although you can't just change him to that nature...

Ryoma is technically better due to Speed being the most important stat in Fire Emblem, but Ike is absolutely still amazing.

Masked Marth having the same stats as Lucina is also a nice little nod to Awakening that I liked a lot.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  10. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Today is the final day of Tempest Trials, and with my 105 orbs saved up, I decided to try my luck again for Lucina. All I managed to pull at the start was a 5* Seliph (+Res -Spd though so not too shabby). Got a few more Hinatas and a greatly needed Shanna which I can give her desperation to Tharja. As my orbs dropped lower and lower, I came across a circle with 3 red orbs, and after pulling the first one on the bottom left, I contemplated backing out, only to give in to greed and pull the other two red orbs.
    https://prnt.sc/fmilv2
    Lucina was +Spd -HP so I was beyond excited about that. Alm was +Res -HP, not -Atk so I'm content with that. Didn't check Tharja's nature because I already have a +Spd -Def one.

Oddly enough, now that I finally got what I wanted, I'm not sure when to summon. I'd love to get a better IV'd Eirika because I do plan on using the 4* one I pulled today (+HP -Spd) and a Ryoma would be cool as well. No idea when those will be banner units again, but I don't care for the supposedly incoming fury banner (I have 7 hinatas from 2 pulling sessions) and if the healer gauntlet has a banner, I won't pull on that even though I'd love to have an Elise. Since I finally did get Lucina, I stopped after that circle, so I still have 20 orbs left. Time to save up again!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    pokemonnerd and Professor Oak like this.
  11. Espeon Adam

Espeon Adam New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Neko Adam
    I wish FE Heroes was more community interactive. Tag is: BrutalJesus92
    My current team is all 5 stars: Lyn, Hector, Roy and Fjorn. Come get rekt if chu dare. Held top spot in arena for 13 days,which is actually alot more pathetic sounding than an accomplishment.
    Keep on keepin on y'all!
    #MakePOGreatAgain
    And I'm dead wrong for that hashtag.

P.s., can anyone help me decide on 5 star Bridal Charolette with First bite+ over 5 star Nowi, with lightning breath+ for my blue slot?

--- Post updated ---

Best all knight team I've used:
    Focus Hector, Sheena, Effie, with the goth looking chick with the corset[blanking on her name tbh] as a healer
    All knight teams rock, but isn't plausible. Any ranged character with Hit and run nerfs it.

12. Espeon Adam

Espeon Adam New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Neko Adam
    Update. Powerful New Characters released. And I got dragon demon possesed Robin on first summon!

13. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    shit dude, that quoted post of mine was released not too long after the release of FEH. Skill inheritance and shit like that wasn't even an idea at that point.

Main team that I use for Arena atm is THE REINHARDT, Sigurd, Hector (not LA because fuk Lilina) and whatever bonus hero fits in the team at the time, currently Valtar. Trying to build a bunch of stuff to eventually get onto the team, but nothing I can do at the moment seems to do better than THE REINHARDT. Hell, I've got Hector with Distant Defense 3 and Summoner Support S just so I can use him to counter THE REINHARDT.

Newest banner's been very nice to me. Summoned Celica 5* (the normal one) on my free orb, and I've pulled a Grima and 3 Hardins thus far. Waiting until towards the end of the banner to decide if I want to try for LA Hector, a Grima that isn't -Atk, a +Atk Hardin (using neutral as best nature thus far) or just saving up for legendary stuff.

Also Legendary Ike for free. Ok. What should I do with my 7 shit-natured normal Ike now then?

14. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    Seven regular Ikes? Damn. Personally, I'd merge them (even though I know people like to fodder him off for Aether). I've basically skipped every non-legendary banner ever since they came out (except for the new years banner where I got dagger Takumi), and as such, I only did the free pull on the new banner. No green orbs, no blue orbs, one red orb: 3 star Raigh. Threw my phone across the room and ended up slightly cracking the case it was in. Aside from that, I'm looking forward to this month's legendary banner; I actually have around 215 orbs saved up with hopefully another 30 to 40 orbs pending over the next 2 weeks.

Professor Oak likes this.
  15. Espeon Adam

Espeon Adam New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Neko Adam
    Merge with the good one. Go for an sp record? Lol

16. pokemonnerd

I have come here on a very important mission.

[​IMG]

Screw you and your luck @Professor Oak. I wanted best duo Hector and Armads. Plus I don't have a fire legendary hero yet.

Also hi.

17. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Not pictured: The 300 orbs put into the banner to pull 3 Legendary Hectors. That one is +Atk, -Def, the exact same nature as my normal Hector, so it naturally replaced it.

So now I'm running Legendary Hector, Hardin, THE REINHARDT (who is now 5*+10) and the rotating slot, which has recently been filled by my 5*+1 Camilla, and more recently, my 5* Sigurd.

I'm back up to ~340 orbs now, waiting patiently for the CYL, for 2 reasons. One, VERONICA GET. Two...

The only thing that can powercreep a Hector, is another Hector.

18. Whereabouts Unknown

Whereabouts Unknown Absolutely Stunning

PO Trainer Name:
    Miki Sayaka
    Oh my god people still play this.

I've been trying to get Summer Tiki to buff out my obscene flier team some more (I'll post screenshots eventually), and I got some hilarious pity breakers. My first roll I got Katarina which was cool though her IVs were odd. Later on I got another 5* red (can't remember which, wasn't very good). Then they stopped giving me red and they instead gave my colorless and blue, so I pulled colorless and mfw I got Linde?? So I pulled again, and lo and behold, only colorless and blue, and lo and behold, no points for guessing, I got a FUCKING TAKO IM SO HAPPY EVEN IF THIS IS NOT WHAT I PLANNED. Why do I get the best luck when I don't want it. Oh I also got a +spd -def Eldigan after that and I'm just... so I use you or the +def -spd I already have. :thonk:

19. Fate Testarossa

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I don't play this seriously anymore. Been shit on too much by the gacha so I said fuck it. :]

Girls Frontline is a great game. You should all consider looking into it. :]

20. pokemonnerd

Yeah, I don't have much time anymore (seriously it's been 3 weeks since posting already holy fuck), but I still sign on to get my log in orbs when the events are going on, or when I need to get the new ghb's that pop out on occasion. Spent most of my free orb stash chasing summer Camilla for flier emblem but it didn't pan out, so haven't had much to do in the game proper.

Just hop on occasionally to see which 2 rotating units I need to beat new content, since Vanguard Ike+Axe Azura kills a lot of shit on their own. I've only had to swap out Ike once or twice for most of the infernal challenges.