1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Sports] Martial Arts Talk Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joyverse, Feb 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    We had a fitness thread before but I am too lazy to find it right now. Anyway talking about Martial Arts is slightly different from fitness.

So let's have nice talk around the martial arts of your choice. It could be the one you're practising atm, it could be the one that has caught your interest and so on..

Well, Martial Arts are various sports or if I say more properly, systems that are used for self-defence. They can include Hard styles that focus more on raw strength and speed like Boxing, Kickboxing and MMA. Or they can include Soft styles like Tai-chi which focuses more on the fluidity of movement and flexibility.

I currently practise Kick-Boxing. Well, tbh it's not just Kicking and boxing lol, they also have knees strikes and mild clinching involved. But I gotta say this, KBoxing is hard but extremely rewarding, especially when it comes to the conditioning of the body. IMO it probably has the most rigorous cardio training (probably second only to the majority of the Kung-Fu schools) involved. Also in terms of self-defence, you can legit kick a mugger's ass after a month of training so that's also pretty rewarding in its own right.

So what about you?

2. Xinc

Xinc Time for Oras?

I really miss practicing martial arts. I learned kung fu and I kept up for a few years until I got really busy in my second year of college. It really does have a lot of cardio involved and provides some decent self-defense.

Joyverse likes this.
  3. Espeon Adam

Espeon Adam New Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Neko Adam
    When I ran B2 Basic training I took SCARS as a side course, though the military no longer incorporates it. Navymen do it better than Marines, because we're better :P

I also practice Taido as well, recreationally. I was on my Varist highschool wrestling team as well.

Joyverse likes this.