1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

Make whoever adds to the topic be seen

Discussion in 'Simulator Suggestions' started by Karp Karpity, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Karp Karpity

Karp Karpity Member

PO Trainer Name:
    Karp Karpity
    I know /topic makes the last person to edit the topic be seen, but not the people who came before them. My suggestion is when you hover your mouse (or hand) over a certain part of the topic, you see who wrote that part. This is especially useful when the topic becomes long because I don't think there's a command that does this already. I was thinking about the Trivia answers when I was coming up with this suggestion because you can see who wrote what during a Trivia game. Also making this a global command might be helpful to the uniformity of the Pokémon Online server.

2. heartbreaker

heartbreaker [b]<b>awsome</b>[/b]

PO Trainer Name:
    Wildheart
    Doesn't sound like a very efficient system. Also, does the client even have mouse-over interactions at this point? Plus, it sounds unnecessary and annoying to have random pop-ups when you're scrolling, but that's just my opinion.

EDIT: never mind the comment about mouse-overs, but fragmenting the topic into parts is still not so efficient

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  3. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I think a simpler way to handle this would just be to make the "Topic last edited by: XXX" line that appears when you use the /topic command appear by default below the topic itself.

4. Zoroark

Zoroark Loves to mess around with user title Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Or simply make the server register who added/modified/removed a specific topic part by using the /topicparts command, I'm not quite sure if that command is accessible for non channel staff but at least should be. (ex: [4] Don't forget to read the rules! (Added by Oak - /Date here etc etc/) > [4] Rules have been updated, give them a check! (Added by Oak - /Date here/ - Updated by Strudels - /Date of update etc etc/) ) a hypothetical case of adding an editing the fourth topic part on main channel, again all this mess would only be visible with topicparts command not the regular topic. Oak's alternative would be the general way to show who touched stuff on topic last time.