1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

[SM Ubers] Made In Heaven [#1!]

Discussion in 'Rate My Team' started by Joyverse, Mar 2, 2017.

Tags:
Moderators: Edna, fsk
  1. Joyverse

Joyverse Till the very end! Forum Moderator Articles Leader Forum Moderator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    (13:44:55) Joyverse: (13:44:48) ±Porygon: Your rank in SM Ubers is 1/2834 [1344 points / 59 battles, 48 wins]!
    (13:44:57) Joyverse: AWWWW YIS
    (13:45:00) Joyverse: RMT TIME
    Edit: Now at (13:15:43) ±Porygon: Your rank in SM Ubers is 1/2908 [1379 points / 71 battles, 59 wins]!

Hello there people! '-')/ I am here with my 4th RMT and my first ever RMT of the Gen 7 Metagame! I am happy to say that I have finally achieved something that I have always wished to achieve, which is topping a ladder on PO however big or small the peak.

On the team's name and everything. I named it Made In Heaven after the song of the same name by Queen. Not only does the lyrics somehow signify a bunch of my struggles in PO but MiH (cue; Weebspeak) also happens to be a character in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. So I went ahead and nicknamed my Pokemon accordingly. Oh. right. I won't piss you off with my weeb talk. On to the team.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    I initially wanted to build an offensive team based around CM Arceus-Fairy and SD Mega Lucario. So I went ahead with that.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I needed hazards so look who came first? Yes, Primal Don did. Added SpDef Primal Don to check Xerneas cause Xern's still a heavy, heavy threat.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I needed another compressed check to take care of both Xern and MegaMence. So I added Dialga with 4 Attacks to go.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I needed a nuke to bust things up when Arceus or Lucario would have been pressured so I added Pheromosa as an experiment.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Then I finally added Hex Giratina-O as an extra check to Primal Don and for Defog.

And it all started in January. Played around the PS ladder with it, as the PO webclient was yet to be updated.
    B-But I lost more than I should be winning. After constantly going on and off from the middling 1400s I asked people for help.

A few helpful people in the Ubers Room suggested I switch the Stealth Rocks to DIalga and give it Thunder Wave. Then I switched Primal Don to Double Dance Primal Don to make the team even more offensive. Mysterious M highly suggested I switch out Pheromosa for Deoxys-A. This eased up a lot of things. Especially in regards to opposing Lunala and Mega-Gengar, and downright decimating other threats that had it easy with Pheromosa.

356 Speed Arceus-Fairy (Yes, 356.) Was proving to be ultimately pretty weak when it came to immediate damage and my team insta-lost to Status carrying mons almost all the time. I needed a cleric, a stronger revenge-killer and a better offensive mon. I think I went fucking crazy with the option but I chose Scarf Xerneas with Aromatherapy and mind you, it hasn't failed me ever.
    Since now that my Arceus slot was free now. I removed the passive Giratina-O and added Arceus-Ground as the new defogger. This only made things better and this is how my team ended up!

On to the team now!

[SFX: Menacing]
    [​IMG]

Made In Heaven (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Fairy Aura
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Moonblast
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunder
    - Aromatherapy

While I can't say that Xerneas is my most important member, (Everyone of my teammates are fucking important!) I'd still say that MiH is possibly the most special member in my team and the nickname will tell you that. I went with Modest to help bluff the GeoXern set, you could go Timid if you wish however. Though Modest Scarf is all that you'd need as you will be outrunning everything upto Max Speed Pheromosa so you needn't worry. Moonblast is the obvious STAB that you'll be clicking 80% of the time to decimate Yveltal, Arceus-Dark, Darkrai, MegaMence, Mega Lucario and whatnot. Focus Blast helps against Ferrothorn, Dialga and Arceus-Steel. Not to mention it does a number on Celesteela. Thunder is there for the extremely annoying shit named Toxapex which would otherwise be walling Xerneas for days at a stretch. Not to mention it hits Primal Kyogre, Lugia, Ho-oh and Celesteel for great damage. Focus Blast+Thunder together is risky, if you don't wish to be in a risk then consider changing Focus Blast to Hidden Power Ground and you'll be fine.

Aromatherapy is a surprising move to have on an Offensive Xerneas tbh. But hey, as long it works, it works. Xerneas is an very easy switch-in to Yveltal and even Mega Sableye and they will almost always be forced out. Use that to turn to heal off your teammates and you'll be fine.

Try to switch into resisted hits or use Xerneas to pick off weakened threats like Darkrai or Deoxys-A and you should be cool. Just be very careful not to put it within Priority range such as Giratina's Shadow Sneak or the deadly Bullet Punch from Mega Lucario if the opponent has them.

[​IMG]
    Judgment (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Defog
    - Recover
    - Judgment
    - Ice Beam

First it came as THE replacement for Giratina-O. But in the end it became Mr.FuckYouSteelTypes. I feel dumb for not having added Arceus-Ground from the start tbrrh. It is the most valuable checkmon I have and I legit feel like crying if I ever lose it. Why you ask? It checks lessee... Primal-Don, Mega Lucario, Mega Salamence, Aegislash, Magearna, Solgaleo, Klefki, Landorus-T, Landorus-I, Arceus-Poison and Arceus-Steel and more. See what I mean? What more can Xerneas ask for? Judgment is enough to get Mega Lucario and most of the mons I mentioned, for those that are immune to Ground moves though. They get Ice-Beamed. The Standard EVs lemme take up otherwise very strong hits from the likes of Mega Lucario or Primal Don and hit them back for good damage. Recover is needed to keep Judgment healthy so Judgment can keep utilizing its Judgment and be healthy to Defog when needed.
    [​IMG]
    [You have made me angry Pikachu. ORA ORA ORA ORA!]

Star Platinum (Lucario) (M) @ Lucarionite
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge / Crunch

Ah, Star Platinum... He is arguably the strongest member of my team. All he really needs is a time and a place for a Swords Dance. Combine that with the beauty of sharp rocks piercing the opponent's body and watch them fall like pawns. The set should be easy to understand, try using CC or your coverage to soften up Pokemon switching in while you can. When the time is right, steal the moment for a Swords Dance and just spam Close Combat. If it's a Fairy, spam Bullet Punch. If it's faster, spam Bullet Punch. If it's that nigga Ho-oh or Lugia spam Stone Edge (Though I'd warn you, you need Rocks to take on Lugia even at +2). In the case you are using Crunch, you'll have an easier time against Giratina which is great however Xerneas takes care of it. Unless you want to hit Giratina or maybe Mega Slowbro that badly, don't go for Crunch. Try switching it on turns you predicted a Toxic or a weak resisted and proceed to Swords Dance or downright kill the opposition if the situation calls for it. Mind you, Mega Lucario is a very strong Pokemon offensively, but defensively it's pretty shitty so play carefully against other Offensively-inclined teams.
    [​IMG]
    [AWESSUME!!]

FlameModeACDC (Groudon) @ Red Orb
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 68 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Rock Polish
    - Precipice Blades / Earthquake
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge / Fire Punch

What's a team without a Primal Groudon?
    If you notice the EVs. You'll see one difference. It's that I took out 4 EVs from the ORAS Standard Double Dance set and put it in Speed. Why? At +2 Speed with 466, you outspeed Standard MegaMence at +1 Speed. This helps in letting you take care of MegaMence with Stone Edge without having to worry about it wrecking your team, cuz you'll be wrecking it. So heh. Primal Groudon excels at checking Magearna without Toxic and it also soft checks against Primal Kyogre and Xerneas. Rock Polish should be main boosting move as the Speed boost is what'll you need the most. Generally I use Swords Dance when I feel particularly safe against mons. This includes the Stall playstyle as whole as there are only a few mons able to tackle Primal Groudon at +2 Attack head on. Precimiss is the main STAB and it completely obliterates anything that doesn't resist it or is immune to it. The second choice of move depends on your fighting style. I generally use Stone Edge to break through Yveltal, Lugia, Ho-oh, and Mega Salamence. If breaking through Celesteela is your priority and / or having a low-risk, no-miss way of hitting Magearna, Lucario-M, or Ferrothorn is your call, then go for Fire Punch!

[​IMG]

[WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!}
    *Autistic screeching continues*
    [TOKI WO TOMARE! ZA WARUDO! MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!]

Za Warudo (Dialga) @ Shuca Berry
    Ability: Pressure
    Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flash Cannon
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave / Fire Blast

What's JoJo without Dio or his stand- Za Warudo? Just like how Competitive teams are without Stealth Rock. Za Warudo is my lead and it does a very, very good job at it. Thunder Wave, while not overly surprising helps against anti-leads such as Lunala or Xerneas. Fire Blast is great to one-shot Ferrothorn which otherwise annoys Dialga a lot. Stealth Rock needs no explaining, it places in those beautifully sharp rocks that penetrate through the opposing Pokemon in many obscene manners, making them an easier kill for this team's many strong Pokemon. Flash Cannon is a great all-around STAB that when used in tandem with Thunder Wave saves the team from annoying Fairies like Arceus-Fairy and Xerneas. Draco Meteor is there to take on most Primal Groudon leads as well as Giratina-O attempting to Defog.
    [​IMG]
    Kono Deo Da* (Deoxys-Attack) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
    Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD)
    - Psycho Boost
    - Knock Off
    - Ice Beam
    - Extreme Speed

The final piece of the puzzle and dedicated nuclear warhead of my team. Deoxys-A is there to help me take on the like Mega-Gengar, Lunala (unless it's Scarf or... Z-Z-Hyp welp..) and everything else for that matter imo. Psycho Boost is great move to be using against most non-Extreme Speed Arceus, that and it also hits most neutral threats for heavy damage, not to mention completely decimating Arceus-Poison and Mega Gengar. Ice Beam OHKOs nearly everything that is weak to Ice like Landorus, Mega Salamence, Yveltal, Shaymin-S and yeah Zygarde-C. Knock Off is a solid utility move that downright OHKOs Lunala if it Shadow Shield is broken. It KOs Mega Gengar after rocks, and makes many important walls and shit such as Zygarde-C, Chansey, Aegislash and Giratina-A nearly muda (uh... useless). Extreme Speed helps in picking off weaker threats such Pheromosa, opposing Deoxys and weakened RP Groudon, Arceus, and GeoXern.

Oh no we aren't over.
    Threatlist
    [​IMG] - RP Primal Groudon is problematic. RP Physical Primal Don is manageable alone with Shuca Dialga around and with Arceus-Ground but if it has SD then you better click X. RP Special Groudon if supported by Sticky Webs and is at nearly full health activates the Click-X clause. Obediently follow orders. However if you succeed at weakening the dude from the start then it's gone for good.

[​IMG]- Extreme Killer Arceus grrrr... If it's the garden variety Jolly-LO version. Get ready for a lot of pain. Yeah, a bit of predictions never hurt and it isn't going to threaten as much without SD but play extremely carefully around. One of the safest stuff to do with these guys running around is to somehow keep Dialga alive and get it paralyzed. Adamant Arceus are taken care of by Mega Lucario.

[​IMG]- Yo, bro! If you somehow have ended up sacking both Xerneas and Mega Lucario then click X. Paralyzing it with Dialga is a safe option, riskier options include switching Xern in on a SD and spamming Moonblast! :c

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]- The pleasures of being cu.. oh drained out by Stall. Try as much as you want, but I for sure can't keep a composed head after 30 minutes of playing against Stall. Stall is going to drain Xerneas of its Aroma PP and make things extremely for Mega Lucario and Primal Don. Consider Deoxys-A dead if you see Alolan Muk in the preview. Other than that, there had been very few instances where I downright beat Stall and they all involved SD Primal Don or Mega Luke so you know what to do in trouble.

[​IMG]- "Why is this Stall mon alone?", you'd ask? Because it's a bitch. The Bamboo Spaceship is absolutely annoying especially if it's the SubSeed variant. While Mega Lucario or Primal Groudon with Fire Punch can break through it with relative ease if they have a +2 boost on them. It's hard to downright setup on its face really. A bit of playing around with Xerneas, Dialga, Groudon and Mega Lucario helps, you know annoying the annoyer. But I'll have you know, for a average player like me, that's pretty hard to pull off.

[​IMG]- Choice Specs or Standard CM Lunala are as well as dead if Deoxys-A's Knock Off goes through the spectre. Also if it's paralyzed, it's dead too. What's to watch out for is Choice Scarf or Z-Hypnosis. Lunala has no true switch-ins and Z-Hypnosis if used on Dialga or unluckily on Groudon is a gfg.

[​IMG]- *ughhhh*

Back when SM Ubers was a beta tier in PS. I managed this.
    [​IMG]

And finally...

(13:15:43) ±Porygon: Your rank in SM Ubers is 1/2908 [1379 points / 71 battles, 59 wins]!
    Eh, apparently I can't screencap on either Imgur or even LightShot, any ideas? I am on a windows xp pc atm.

Everyone who appreciates me as a person and acknowledges my presence. I love you with all of my heart. uwu
    Everyone who hates me, so 90% of PO community. Fuck you in all seriousness. No homo.
    Made In Heaven (Xerneas) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Fairy Aura
    - Moonblast
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunder
    - Aromatherapy

Judgment (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
    Ability: Multitype
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
    - Defog
    - Recover
    - Judgment
    - Ice Beam

Star Platinum (Lucario) (M) @ Lucarionite
    Ability: Justified
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge

FlameModeACDC (Groudon) @ Red Orb
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 32 SpD / 68 Spe
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
    - Rock Polish
    - Precipice Blades
    - Swords Dance
    - Stone Edge

Za Warudo (Dialga) @ Shuca Berry
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flash Cannon
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave

Kono Deo Da* (Deoxys-Attack) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 68 Atk / 188 SpA / 252 Spe
    Rash Nature (+SpA, -SpD)
    - Psycho Boost
    - Knock Off
    - Ice Beam
    - Extreme Speed

Feel free to criticize. As I am not particularly the best player in here. Also even for a team that has had nearly 3 versions to it. It is not in any way perfect. Thanks in advance!​

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  2. fsk

fsk Kept hacking Tier Leader Server Moderator Tier Leader Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    Hi Joyverse, good try on building a SM Uber team!

I have spotted some issues with the team and would like to share them with you.

Common Offensive pressure that the team would not like to face:
    The general switch-in for Offensive Yveltal is Scarf Xern, which usually cannot take LO Yvelta more than once esp. when SR is up on ur side.

You mentioned already about the weakness to Choice Scarf or Z-Hypnosis Lunala, where I would also say that when its shadow shield is intact the Spec set can pick any mon that is not deo-a and heavily damage them (after SR high chance OHKO pdon, chance KO dialga; able to KO xern if with a little chip damage) without taking much damage in return.

One of the thing that this team doesn't like to face is actually one of its member: Arceus-Ground. It can force out Pdon and Lucario, while the defog variant can easily stop Dialga's SR and take advantage of it: A stallish balance team with Defog Groundceus + Stallish Ho-oh is pretty much impossible to break as Stallish Ho-oh takes care of Xern and Deo-A while SR is stopped by Groundceus. By forcing switches on your side your team will be easily weakened and KOed in this scheme. Also Clam mind Groundceus can sometimes single handedly cause trouble on its own.

Dialga is a cool SR settter, esp. in Gen 6. But in terms of hazard and anti-lead hazard control, I would say the team is not well prepared. The defog is not all that good for you since all team member are running very offensive sets without using Lunala or Ho-oh, while Rock is very necessary for you to take care of Ho-oh. Therefore, you would very much like the SR to be on opponent's field to keep the offensive pressure and stop Ho-oh from switching in, while actually doesn't mind that much if SR is on your field. So I would say the team building needs more consistency here: do you want to build an offensive balance, or just go into a Dialga HO?

I'm one of those very picky team raters but anyway the above are my thoughts and hope it may help.
    Gl and enjoy more gen 7 ubers i guess.

Joyverse and E.T. like this.
  3. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Tier Leader Server Administrator Articles Leader Tier Leader Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Are you suggesting that Defog be removed entirely? If so, that would make the team very weak to Sticky Web. If he needs SR on the field more than he needs to get rid of SR on his own side of the field, couldn't he just choose not to use Defog in that situation? I don't think there are any spinners or hazard deterrents that would fit better on this team, and even if there was one, it probably wouldn't be able to blanket check things like Arceus-Ground can.

I do agree that the team is Ground weak though, so maybe try changing Arceus-Ground to Arceus-Water? That should help with the Arceus-Ground + Ho-oh issue, and it can still deal with most of the stuff that Arceus-Ground covers.

Also, this team has too much jojo or whatever that anime is. I like the Lucario gif though.

4. Joyverse

Joyverse Till the very end! Forum Moderator Articles Leader Forum Moderator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Heh.

Works for me. Thanks.

More or less a HO. It's OK to be picky, I don't mind. Though I'd like to have hazard control as Sticky Webs and / or Toxic Spikes might end up as extremely troublesome. Thx!

I've made a typing mistake where I have mentioned Lunala. Lunala itself (with no set needed to be specified) has no switchins in this. :v

5. fsk

fsk Kept hacking Tier Leader Server Moderator Tier Leader Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    I was only pointing out the problems, actually without going into detail on how to fix them. I will explain briefly on my suggestion when responding to Joyverse below.

I’m still talking about something quite general here.

Again, in terms of hazard control of a Uber team, you are better off decide what kind of play style you want to play with. A good chunk of successful Mega Lucario HO teams doesn't have defog, and instead they use anti-lead method to deal with web (usually from smeargle/Shuckle). To name a few, Faster Taunt to stop Smeargle's Web (there counld be mind game of bounce from smeargle though), certain setup sweepers with subtitute to avoid being spored/nuzzle by smeargle and proceed to set up from turn 1, Magic bounce on certain leads like Deoxys-Speed (or even niche magic bounce set on arceus variant, lunala, or giratina-o on some balance team), Ditto to set up web by impostering the setter, Band Sunsteel Strike from Solgaleo to KO some shuckle sets, Rapid Spin support etc. Toxic spikes is less a thing due to gengar absorbing it both before and after mega evolve this gen, but still you could pressure it by anti lead hazard control like sash Taunt deo, or Rapid Spin if you want. In a balance style team, you usually utilize some of the benchmarks of balance that would have a higher priority to keep your own field clean, esp. Ho-oh, and quite somtimes Lunala. Plus, the offensive pressure and momentum can be sacrificed a little since you have quite well-prepared switch-ins to the major threat of the meta. In this way, you can definitely put around your team around a Defog Arceus form or Giratina-O.

So back to your team, you have a very offensive core of Mega Lucario, Stealth Rock Dialga, Double Dance Pdon, and Life Orb Deo-A. If you want to make it a HO, you are better off disregard defog and defensive arceus form totally while use spinner and sr setter from the very start to pressure, make the arceus offensive to maintain a better synergy; on the contrary, if you want to build a balance team around Scarf Xern and Arceus-Ground, you would probably make your team well rounded and balance. Consistency is important in team building, and balance benchmark Arceus-Water paired with a Lucario HO core can't make good teams.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
Moderators: Edna, fsk