1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Item Creation Contest

Discussion in 'Safari' started by IceKirby, Mar 27, 2017.

Moderators: Fuzzysqurl, IceKirby
  1. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Item Creation Contest

Recently I've been too lazy to have ideas, so I will just make you guys do it for me :D. Which means time for a creation contest! This time, we are going to create new items for Safari!
    Please read the rules below very carefully:

How to participate:
    To participate, send me a forum PM with your Safari's username and your idea for a new item (more details below) until April 12th, 23:59 GMT.
    You can submit up to 5 ideas for new items. If you submit a 6th one, I will randomly discard one of the previous one you submitted.
    To make things easier for me, please always use the same PM for each new idea.

What to submit:
    The idea for this contest is to create items that will offer more things for players to do. As such, balls, pawnables and perks are unlikely to get approved. Items used with /use (like Ampere Gem and Event Form), with their own commands (like /gacha, /rock or /photo) or those used through a different method (like Decor Coupon or Shady Coins) will have a better chance to get approved.

The main aspects that will be judged are Concept, Originality, Balance and Coding Viability*. Explaining your idea well may also help with your chances.

Use the following template to submit your idea:
    *It may be a bit hard for some people to know when something is viable to code or not, so this is the only thing that I may be willing to give feedback before the contest ends. Other than this, I will not offer feedback for any idea until the contest ends.

Tips:
    -Avoid items that are too similar to existing ones. For example, suggesting a "Gacha that gives better rewards" is 100% certain to get rejected.
    -You can also suggest a new feature/quest where that item could be used (like how Shady Coins are used for Monger quest or Scope Lens for Photo System), but in this case you need to explain very carefully all details for the new feature/quest.
    -And since I know lots of people will suggest it, any idea for an item to shinify a Pokémon will be ignored.

Rewards:
    Approval Reward: All ideas that get approved will be implemented in Safari. Each approved item will grant its creator 10 Prize Packs, 5 Ball Fragments and 1 Pokémon Doll for their base (1x1, there will be 3 types available to choose from, and these currently cannot be obtained from the Decor quest, so they are exclusive to this contest's winners).

Winner Reward: The user who submits the best item idea (as judged by me) will get a chance to shinify one of their owned Pokémon (no legendaries or alternative forms though, but Gen 7 is allowed). Depending on the ideas submitted, I may extend this reward to the 2nd best idea too.

Participation Reward: All users who submit well-elaborated ideas, even if they don't get approved, will receive 1 Decor Coupon and 5 Event Forms.

Please be aware that if no idea is deemed good enough to be implemented, then there may be no winner, and thus no approval or winner rewards.

Disclaimers:
    It should go without saying, but in order to be eligible to receive your prize, you must be in good standing in Safari and on the Server.

Furthermore, once you submit your entry to the contest, you grant us all rights to use your idea without any compensation.

Once the submission period ends, it may take some time to decide the winners and implement the new items, so please be patient.

If you have a question, please read carefully this post to check if it's answered here. If not, feel free to post it below.​

2. IceKirby

IceKirby A.K.A. RiceKirby Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer Forum Moderator Channel Leader Developer

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Since I've been getting some PMs missing it, I guess I should make it clearer: You must suggest a name for the item in your submission, or I won't consider it a valid one.
    If you forgot to include it, feel free to add it in the same PM.

3. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Clarifying two more things:

1st: This is an item creation contest.

2nd: From the first post:
    Having 5 different PMs from each user is not cool.

4. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Submissions are closed. Further PMs with new ideas or corrections for a previous one will be not valid for the contest, and the sender will be laughed at by me.
    Results sometime when possible.

5. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    Quick update because it's been a week since the last info.
    I actually have the results decided and the items (yes, plural) coded already, but I still need to finish coding some other features before I can push everything at once, so it may take 1-3 more days (but please don't keep asking even if it takes more). Once everything is ready, I will reveal the results, distribute the rewards and update the script with the new stuff all at once.

I will post a note on the channel's /topic when the results are out, so don't worry about checking this thread.

Evil_genius, Joeypals!!, Jaya and 2 others like this.
  6. IceKirby

PO Trainer Name:
    RiceKirby
    It's finally time for the results!
    Since this contest has 3 reward tiers, let's begin with the lowest one: The participation prize!

Participation Prize
    The following players have submitted valid ideas and will receive 1 Decor Coupon and 5 Event Forms each (list in alphabetical order by forum username):
    @aaditya01
    @Agent K
    @Annoying Orange
    @beforedawn.
    @CuteCensor
    @fitzy
    @HBC
    @Jaya
    @Joeypals!!
    @Khaloss
    @lalelilulo
    @LittleRoot
    @Lpola456
    @mibuchiha
    @!Momo!
    @Mr. Subbs
    @Python
    @Romantic_Guy
    @Team Galactic Grunt
    @Vortchjika Lou
    @Whereabouts Unknown
    @Wolf

If you sent a PM with an idea but your name is not listed above, it's because your entry wasn't considered valid for some reason (like very low quality idea or not following the contest rules).

Special Reward
    The next part is to reveal the approved items, but before that, let's have a special mention.
    One of the items suggested was considered to be a good idea not as an item, but as a command by itself. Since it's a good idea that would solve a problem with another item, then I'm awarding a special reward to @Python for the newly added /mono command, which makes you able to lock your Mono Balls into the Pokémon's primary or secondary time (instead of relying on RNG). For this idea, he will be awarded 4 Prize Packs.

Approved Items
    Ok, now we shall reveal the actually approved items (in no particular order):

The first one goes for @Agent K and @Khaloss (they submitted the same idea, and since I didn't add rules to deal with these cases, I will simply reward both). Their idea is the Mail item, which allows you use the commanad /mail to send a message to another player's /inbox.

The next one is @Jaya's idea: Photo Editor (which I renamed as Photo Brush). His initial idea was to have a chance to increase the quality of an photo that you have, but I took a step further and made it possible to edit more aspects of a photo (like the Pokémon's mood or environment).

Next we have @fitzy's Z-Crystal. I changed quite a lot of his original idea, but the main concept is still there: You use it to receive a bonus (based on your active Pokémon's primary type) when you throw a ball. While his original idea was an one-time use, I changed it to make the effect work for 30 minutes after use. Effects include higher throw priority (when your active is Flying or Electric-type), chance to clone the Pokémon with any ball, throw 2 balls at once and a few other effects. Trust me, they are actually cool. They only work with throws (not photos), but the effects work for any ball thrown except Master Ball.

Then we have @Python (yes, again) and the Prism Scale: A simple item that changes your Pokémon's color for 10 minutes so you can avoid contest nerfs or get better bonus. Due to technical reasons the sprite itself won't change color, but the color is mentioned in the caught Pokémon message.

Finally, we have @mibuchiha's Big Mushroom: As he himself described it, you eat a mushroom and go on a weird trip, and then you start to think you are in another environment. For 10 minutes, you will only bait Pokémon from that environment (theme), and your photos will also show that theme as the environment.

For Prism Scale, Big Mushroom and Z-Crystal, you can use /party to check if you have any of their effects active.

These are the 5 approved items. For these ideas, these players will receive 10 Prize Packs, 5 Ball Fragments and 1 Pokémon Doll for their base. They will also receive a few samples of the items that they suggested.

But WAIT! There's an exception here! As the contest rules stated, you must follow the channel and server's rules to be eligible for the reward. As such, user Jaya, despite having an idea approved, will not receive the Approval Reward nor the Participation Prize. The other players will receive them normally.

Grand Winner
    All that is left is the winner's reward. Which of those items did you like the most? Well, guess what? Your opinion doesn't matter, only mine do! Bwahaha!
    Well, anyway, it was a hard decision between fitzy's Z-Crystal and mibuchiha's Big Mushroom, but in the end I went with the concept that better fits the Pokémon universe.

As such, please congratulate (or curse him, I don't mind) user fitzy and his Z-Crystal! He will receive the chance to shinify one of his Pokémon.

And that's it, folks! The items are already available in the server (for now they aren't tradable, but most of them will be tradable later) and the rewards have already been distributed (except for the ones where the winner must choose the reward)! Until next time, and thanks for your participation!

P.S.: Report bugs with the new items in the Bug Bounty thread.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  7. beforedawn

beforedawn Active Member

"Your opinion doesn't matter, only mine do!"

grammar error, should be "only mine does"

Evil_genius likes this.
  8. Jaya

Jaya New Member

Boo!!!

--- Post updated ---
    boooooooooooooooooo !!!

9. Aaron Ahsan

Aaron Ahsan New Member

If you creat a item that raises the chance of spawning hordes by baiting or using gacha,it would have been nice.

Moderators: Fuzzysqurl, IceKirby