1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POWC Discussion Thread [Ubers Edition]

Discussion in 'Gen 7 Ubers' started by overdose, Apr 3, 2017.

1. overdose

overdose Banned

[Ill update image later]
    Welcome to the official POWC Power Ranking Thread for the Ubers Subforum. The purpose of this thread is to discuss the players who are playing, predict any interesting matche. I'll make sure to to update this post with each weeks matches so feel free to make predictions

EU: (overdose, Pohjis) that's me, honestly top 2 starter imo, while Pohjis is an incredible player too
    Canada: (FAJI, Krauersaut) he played spl and went on a tear but that was with the help of omfuga, he will probably recycle teams from spl but he's actually pretty solid, if he does struggle krauersaut will sub and do okay
    US East: (obii) us east reps obii; the person who has lost 2 series in seasonal but is still in. he's really average and I beat him in seasonals but he will probably go over .500
    Brazil: (Klefkwi) he is pretty solid at sm ubers and will be on of the better performances in the tour
    Greece: (WhiteLion, Mysterious M) read above, both players are capable and if one struggles, the other will just help out. they will be in the upper percentile of this tour.
    Germany: (Zainonar, Mazar) mazar is probably only going to sub to play someone he respects like me or the trap god but he's solid while Zainonar will be donating wins to fellas
    France: (Gastrik) he's good for this tour and will also be in the upper percentile
    Latin America: (Vileman) he's above average and will go over .500 but I wouldn't count on him to consistently win vs good opps
    Asia: (March Fires) although shake isn't feeling SM as much as ORAS or BW he's still a solid player and will produce a good run
    US West: (The Trap God, Dominatio) the best group for ubers and is kinda unfortunate that Dominatio is subbing because he's def top 3 in this tour, the trap god is the only spl uber player here so he should do well, despite being haxed to 0-1
    Spain (Garay Oak) random and his team didn't impress
    China: (Ahhh) rly a random and his team was dreadful
    UK & Ireland: (TRHurricane) almost positive he's getting ghosted in powc and he's still managing to lose
    Italy: (Troller) I think Troller is the eptitome of average but he should go .500

Overall this is a pretty decent group of players with like 3 teams who have weak uber players and it'll show by the end of the season

Week 1 Matchups
    overdose vs FAJI
    Obii vs Klefkwi
    Mysterious M vs Zainonar
    Vileman vs March Fires
    The Trap God vs Garay Oak
    Ahhh
    vs Hurricane
    have fun discussing​

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. Krauersaut

Krauersaut blue spotted tail

i'm hurt

Mysterious M likes this.
  3. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    France also has KyogreF4N for Ubers.

Also hi, is this where the ubers replays will be posted? Please say yes! :>

I am going to disagree on Hurricane being ghosted. But yeah, he is nowhere near as good as the others in this POWC, not until I see him win for real. He has a penchant for getting preddy pissed when he sees stuff like Z-Hypnosis Lunala so idk what'll do for him. UK however also has Aberforth who is better at Ubers, so I am mildly broken between the two. It's possible that UK doesn't have a sub for GSC.

I highly expected Lacus to be playing the ubers slot for Germany, but considering it has a strong backing with Mazar being there and Zaionar shows Ubers for Germany has promise. I mean Mazar is in the spl finals against Rohan and that's telling something. I'd be very afraid if Mazar decides to sub in against someone in Ubers tbh.

GREECE (#TeamFetaGOAT) has MM and WhiteLion and yes, I am fangirling over them as usual. Like overdose mentioned, one can cover for the other that makes for a good combo.

s/o OgreF4N for actually getting forgetting but you are a bro so I made sure you weren't.

As for the rest, I am too bad to comment on the rest of em ;_;

4. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Dream /\ Bigger

I am going to post my predictions for this week's matchups, perhaps share my thoughts for power rankings later on.

Week 2

Overdose vs Obii
    FAJI vs Klefkwi
    Vileman vs The Trap God
    Blume
    vs Garay Oak
    Ahhh vs Troller
    Overdose come out victorious against FAJI, and i do not really think Obii can stop him. Obii has done really good in this seasonal but i believe that Overdose is more experienced and a better player overall. FAJI & Klefkwi is an interesting matchup, i think that team matchup will decide the winner of the game in this one. The Trap God had an unlucky match last week and i believe he is going to win this week against Vileman, if he prepares a bit. Vileman played really well against Blume last week and he can certainly get a win this week as well, but i have to give the edge to the SPL player. I have mixed feelings about Garay Oak since i do not really know him and he did not play that well against The Trap God. Blume is a really solid player and i think he will manage to get the win this week. In the last matchup, Troller is a lot better of the chinese player and he should win this week unless he chokes on pizza.

Zoroark and Joyverse like this.
  5. KyogreF4N

KyogreF4N Member

PO Trainer Name:
    KyogreF4N
    Thanks Joyverse for thinking of me, i appreciate it :]

indeed, im in !

Mysterious M and Joyverse like this.
  6. Zoroark

Zoroark Stay Firm Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    DEVASTOMASSO power :^]

Joyverse and Mysterious M like this.
  7. Joyverse

Joyverse Back for a blast!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    ALSO.

Mysterious M
    vs. Gastrik

Gyros >>> Baguette

Mysterious M and Zoroark like this.
  8. overdose

overdose Banned

Week 2 Predix

Overdose vs Obii- I'm resending obii to the grave and I won't lose unless hax
    FAJI vs Klefkwi- Klefkwi has my help if he wants so can't predict against him
    Vileman vs The Trap God- if ttg loses and he isn't haxed I was wrong abt Vileman but I doubt I'm wrong
    Blume vs Garay Oak- March Fires>3 dark weak mons and muk as only dark resist
    Ahhh vs Troller- I don't expect much from china while troller isn't bad
    Mysterious M vs Gastrik- tight

Joyverse and White Lion like this.
  9. White Lion

White Lion Member

im busy this week so won't be playing but I'll do a top 5 power rankings because doing more is too much.

1. overdose- prior to her ban and after it, overdose was looking as a favorite to go far in seasonals, her play was very on point while her teams and prep were also solid, I wouldn't have given her #1 but after beating FAJI decidingly, I would say her>ttg. #2 are undeniably the best in this tour by a long shot.

2. ttg- ttg is a close number two and the only spl player in this group. he's starting off rocky but he'll do well. I really hope we get to see a TTG vs OD matchup in finals.

3 mysterious m- I would say MM is #3 and after his hiatus, his playing from this week should be confirmation he is in good form.

5. Klefkwi- klefkwi is really solid for this tour and is a good battler and team builder. I'm sure he will next quite a few wins

5. Gastrik- same as above and it's hard to differentiate

overall the top 5 are generally solid players while Dominatio should probably be there too but is in the shadow of TTG. 3/4/5 are interchangeable imo while 1/2 are set in stone as the best competitors in this tour and can be interchanged.

overdose and Joyverse like this.
  10. La.Melle2402

La.Melle2402 I'm the bone of my sword

Mazar and Freestylerking?????

11. overdose

overdose Banned

i don't think ghosting alts need inclusion in pr threads. anyone can see the discrepancy between mazars play in spl and in seasonal

12. Vileman

Vileman Member

well good discussion folks

13. Mysterious M

Mysterious M Dream /\ Bigger

14. overdose

overdose Banned

I was wrong about vileman. he is not average, he is just above n_n

im glad dom got a chance to start too