1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Cloudflare Security Issue - Change Your Passwords!

Hello there, Guest!

Cloudflare, the internet proxy we use to protect ourselves against DDoS and other malicious attacks, reported on 23rd February 2017 that they had patched a bug reported by Google's Project Zero that was exposing sensitive information in random requests, approximately 0.00003% of all requests, since September 2016.

Whilst it is unlikely that any information has been leaked from this website, we recommend that all users change their passwords here on the Pokémon Online forums, as a precaution. Remember to use a unique and secure password for every site that requires one.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Dismiss Notice

Player Interview: TraceofLife

Discussion in 'Articles' started by E.T., Apr 5, 2017.

Moderators: E.T.
  1. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    [​IMG]

Hello and welcome to another edition of Player Interview! Today, @TraceofLife is here for the interview. TraceofLife is currently one of the Tournament Directors for PO forum tours, and he was also nominated to be interviewed. Without further ado, let's get started!

How did you get introduced to Pokémon?
    TraceofLife:
    When I was younger, my father bought me Pokémon Yellow; I wasn't really fond of Pokémon at first, but I grew to like it over time.

How did you get introduced to PO?
    TraceofLife:
    Eh, I found PO by Googling "Pokémon Online" because I kind of wanted to play online Pokémon, so there you go lol.

What is the origin story of your username?
    TraceofLife:
    So, my irl name is Trace, and Trace was taken on the server when I joined, so I put in random words and voila! That's how I got my current name.

What kinds of things does a Tournament Director do?
    TraceofLife:
    Hosting Official Tours, PMing users to get them to post their tours, updating Tour Schedule, and HoF, I guess.

What are your thoughts on the POT? Is there anything you would have done differently if you were hosting it?
    TraceofLife:
    I probably have no comment on this because Xdevo single-handledly hosted the tour without my help so yeah.. and I wouldn't change anything too, I guess.

What are your thoughts on POWC 2017? What are some possible improvements that could be made?
    TraceofLife:
    I've always been a fan of team tour and POWC is definitely not an exception; I don't know if there's anything that should be changed from POWC bar stricter eligibility.

How would you rate your team's POWC lineup?
    TraceofLife:
    Definitely has some unproven/shaky spots, but I still am happy with the team right now.

How would you rank this year's POWC teams?
    TraceofLife:
    I don't like ranking things, but EU and East should be the team to beat this POWC other than us.

What does the rest of the year look like in terms of Official Tournaments? What tournaments do you plan to host?
    TraceofLife:
    I don't really know yet, but I'd prefer hosting individual tours rather than POWC.

What is your favorite and least favorite PO tournament?
    TraceofLife:
    My favorite would be POCL and POWC because as I said earlier, I'm a big fan of team tours. My least favorite would be POVT; I am not really a fan of the format, so there you go.

What is your favorite and least favorite Pokémon?
    TraceofLife:
    Favorite would be Jirachi and my least favorite would be Unown mainly because I feel like it's a useless 'mon, lol.

What is your favorite and least favorite PO tier (including past generations)?
    TraceofLife:
    BW LU is my favorite tier, and I don't particularly dislike any tier.

What is your preferred playstyle? Do you change between styles according to tier or just play your favored style?
    TraceofLife:
    My preferred playstyle would be bulky offense because I feel like I can control the flow of the game easier than any other playstyle, but I still can play with other playstyles if given a team. I change the playstyle according to who I am facing through cteaming, I guess?

What are your thoughts on PO's current SM Ubers / OU / UU / LC?
    TraceofLife:
    I don't even know what's going on in SM Tiers. I'm not really a fan of SM Tiers, so I don't really pay attention to the tiers.

Do you have anything else to say to our readers?
    TraceofLife:
    Nah, not really.

Thanks, TraceofLife, for agreeing to be interviewed! This edition of Player Interview is coming to an end, but there will be more to come. To nominate players to be interviewed, post here or contact @E.T. on the PO forums.

TraceofLife - For Being Interviewed
    E.T. - Questions, Writer, Grammar
    Joyverse - Questions
    Sobi - Grammar
    JoyFrost - Banner

Do you want to contribute to Articles too? Here's How to Become an Articles Contributor.

Edna and Joyverse like this.
  2. Joyverse

Joyverse Road Roller time! Article Contributor Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    o/

1)Why is APC filled with trolls?
    2)Why are you the #1 troll of APC?
    3)What was your favourite BW LU Mon? Why?
    4)Did you ever play BW Ubers? If so, favourite mon?
    5)Did you stop playing hackmons? :(

Trolls likes this.
  3. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Social Media Rep Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    cosmog is a little more useless than unown u goof.
    252+ SpA Choice Specs Unown-! Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 224-268 (63.6 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Charlotte Kanowski likes this.
Moderators: E.T.