1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Metagame] Suspect Discussion: Thundurus-I

Discussion in 'Gen 7 UU' started by Xdevo, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xdevo

Xdevo Some things can't be changed Tiering Administrator Tour Director Tiering Administrator Tour Director

Discuss the possibility of Thundurus-I being banned from the SM UU tier.
    Use this thread to discuss Thundurus-I impact on the metagame. Talk about the different sets it is capable of using, and potential checks/counters. State your opinion on the suspect and if it should or shouldn't be banned from the metagame. Having no firm stance on the matter is fine too.

All opinions are valid and discussion among players is not only allowed but encouraged, provided your opinion has solid reasoning and displays having playing with or against the suspect in the tier. Do not simply state "it's broken" or "it's not broken".

Users that are unsure about suspect posting are encouraged to check this guide out.

2. Valhalla

Valhalla Banned

thund-i has limited checks, a good speed tier and a good ability in prankster. it's able to circumvent its checks such as ground types by running gknot while grass types like serp have no means of reliable recovery and take a good amount from hp flying/hp ice and also gets worn down too easily. it's stealth rocks weakness can be easily mitigated by the likes of mie who is a good offensive spinner to pair. moreso, its ability run mixed sets such as mixed such as z-fly while also boasting several nasty plot sets iclouding life orb, electrium-z or fightinium-z.

tldr the mons too versatile and restricting in building but it's still unbanned for some reason. glad it was chosen to be suspected and it seems prudent to ban

3. Xdevo

Xdevo Some things can't be changed Tiering Administrator Tour Director Tiering Administrator Tour Director

Thundurus-I is hereby banned in SM UU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.