1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Metagame] May-June SM UU Suspect Discussion and Metagame Discussion

Discussion in 'Gen 7 UU' started by Xdevo, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Xdevo

Xdevo Time's Arrow Keeps Marching On Super Moderator Tour Director Super Moderator Tour Director

[​IMG]

New tier time!

Some dangerous threats have left only to be replaced with a new set.

Pinsirite is quickbanned.

2. La.Melle2402

La.Melle2402 I'm the bone of my sword

Is regular Metagross still OU after Mega got banned from OU?

3. E.T.

E.T. K I N G Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Yes. Metagross had more than 4% usage, so it stays in OU for now.

La.Melle2402 likes this.
  4. Valhalla

Valhalla Banned

Xurkitree having access to z hypno, tail glow and grass/ice coverage moves warrants a quick ban imo. Guessing between scarf/z hypno set can cost you the game as evidenced in the replay below. Its simply too much for the UU metagame

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-577415785

I successfully bluff scarf and thus sweep. Scarf is also a potent threat as the boost ability along with the 173 base special attack is too much.

Please quick ban

Funbot28 and fsk like this.
  5. Valhalla

Valhalla Banned

Pigeotite or whatever its called also deserves a suspect. Theres not very many counters to it in this tier, coupled with a strong stab that has 0 drawbacks. Boosting moves such a workup also allow it to be a potent sweeper. It also has a great speed tier of 121 while having access to u-turn allows it to switch out of blissey (one of its only counters). It has trouble with weavile (as does torn-t) but i still think it deserves a suspect as weavile is priority weak, and easily worn down by hazards.

6. E.T.

E.T. K I N G Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    After playing around with Xurkitree a bit, I agree that it needs to be looked at. I've been using an Electrium Z set with Electric Terrain (Z-Electric Terrain boosts Speed 1 stage), Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, and Hidden Power Ice, and this set can snowball quickly after a KO thanks to Beast Boost. There isn't much that wants to switch into this apart from maybe Blissey. Due to Xurkitree's base 83 Speed, it can be revenge killed by faster Choice Scarf users and Mega Aerodactyl with Earthquake (not a guaranteed OHKO if Xurkitree is at full health though).