1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

SM UU Kicking It Off [Semi-Finals]

Discussion in 'Gen 7 UU' started by E.T., May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E.T.

E.T. Rainbow Rowlet Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    [​IMG]

Welcome to the first SM UU Tour in Pokemon Online! This is a cool way to develop the meta and establish opinions of the tier.

Standard Rules and Clauses
    • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
    • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
    • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
    • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
    • Moody Clause
    Tournament's Rules
    • This is a standard SM UU tournament
    • This tournament will be Single Elimination
    • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
    • Saving replays or logs is mandatory, as metagame development is the main purpose of this tour.
    • Pokemon are subject to be banned, or moved up due to usage and will effect the next round after the announcement.
    The ban list uses the standard SM UU ban list.
    Bracket:

@Valhalla vs @Annoying Orange
    @Casparov vs @overdose

Deadline:
    Semi-Finals end Monday, May 29th at 11:59 PM GMT

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  2. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    How are you going to post a coinflip without any proof of who's heads and who's tails, I'm not saying you're just choosing winners (but it wouldn't surprise me lol) but like what the fuck, that's literally just common sense, and why wasn't a 3 day extension granted instead of a coin flip since we're past the 1st round. Having finals =/= having 0 abilitity to play a series of 40 minutes max, sounds like someone is scared to play some Pokémon games if you ask me.

@overdose stop being a pussy and trying to sneak a win and play me either today tomorrow or Wednesday, any time after 4pm edt

3. E.T.

E.T. Rainbow Rowlet Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    For the coin flip, I thought it was fairly obvious that you were heads and he was tails based on the name placement, and I'm definitely not just choosing winners. What I would ask you is why weren't you this adamant about getting the match done before the deadline? Sure, you were willing to play on Sunday when he said he wasn't available, but you made no effort to get the match done between Wednesday (after the first schedule attempt failed) and Sunday; otherwise, the match probably would have gotten done, or you may have had a case for an activity win. You shouldn't assume that you will be able to wait until the day of the deadline to get the match done, especially if you haven't asked the other person if they are available that day, and you definitely shouldn't assume that an extension will be given. I doubt granting an extension would have changed anything, since overdose has already said he won't be available the next three days, so it would have come down to a coin flip anyway.

4. snaga

snaga .

PO Trainer Name:
    snaga
    Yeah he can't play the next 3 days just like he couldn't play Sunday, lol.

5. overdose

overdose Banned

6. Casparov

Casparov This is supposed to be a Medal!

PO Trainer Name:
    Casparov
    Lost ggs!

7. Valhalla

Valhalla Banned

2x0 ggs

8. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    All matches have been completed, so this round is over.

Finals are up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.