1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Micle Berry not Boosting Accuracy?

Discussion in 'Bugs and Fixes' started by Prince LudwigVKoopa, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Prince LudwigVKoopa

Prince LudwigVKoopa Bull Prince of Fullmoon Island

PO Trainer Name:
    Prince LudwigVKoopa
    [​IMG]

Whole match log: https://pastebin.com/Wrump7Ng

Rock Slide shouldn't have missed (20% extra evasion from 90 is over 100). Slugma and Aerodactyl had no evasion/accuracy changes. Aerodactyl's ability must have been Rock Head because it'd say if it was Pressure or Unnerve, and Dodrio Knocked Off a Mawilite instead of an evasion item.

Unless the "next move" Micle would be boosting would be the move Slugma would be using on Turn 21 and not the move after consumption, in which case, that's dumb and contradicts what we know about next moves from moves like Destiny Bond and how other pinch berries work (immediately).

I admit I don't know how this works in-game because you can't really test RNG. Also haven't tried to replicate it.

EvilDingoRobot and Arceus_17 like this.
  2. fsk

fsk Woke up after a long dream Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host Forum Moderator Server Moderator Tournament Host

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    IIRC, Micle berry only activates at the end of the turn (i.e. in this screenshot you have, it should be after you use rock slide) and will let the holder to get into a "micle berry status" which will gives the move used the next turn a 20% boost in accuracy.

But my memory could go wrong, will test it in game when I get time.

I tested in game with Guadian of Alola and will-o-wisp. The in game test goes like this:
    Tapu Koko used Guardian of Alola on Ninetales and Ninetales is under 1/4 of the HP. In the same turn, Micle Berry activates right after Guardian of Alola and before it moves this turn, poping a message of "Ninetales use Micle Berry to increase the accuracy of its move used next time" and boost the accuracy of the move will-o-wisp. In the turn right after it, the move will-o-wisp can miss, indicating the move in the turn right after is not boosted since 85% accuracy would be 100% after boost.

The video is here

So this is bugged on both PO and PS.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    Prince LudwigVKoopa likes this.