1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

[Themes] Alola Sun

Discussion in 'Arts and Graphics' started by amicus tuus, Jun 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. amicus tuus

amicus tuus Litten is life

Hi guys. I started making this theme a long time ago and eventually abandoned it. I see that theme section is pretty much dead and PO is much less active than it used to be. I am saddened by the state of the simulator. The theme is not complete yet. Please make your suggestions for the final cut.

Aims and Features

• Make PO interface better. Current default theme is too bland.
    • Focus on readability. Most themes have difficult to read text. This theme has bigger font sizes with newer modern font families.
    • Make theme easy on eyes. Balance between decoration and usability has been aimed.
    • To match aesthetics of Pokemon Sun without sacrificing UI.
    • New type buttons have been added
    • Old School buttons now look better with distinct states for hover and pressed.

Trainer Menu

New icons added and team buttons fixed.

[​IMG]

Removed some gen 1 trainer to add new trainers from sun moon

[​IMG]

old one
    [​IMG]

Teambuilder
    [​IMG]

Damage Calculator

Damage calculator is quite boring so I decided to make it a little fun. Now you can clearly see opponent vs user pokemon.
    [​IMG]

Pokemon Selection
    New colors added for different stats.
    [​IMG]

this is old one
    [​IMG]

Boxes
    New
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mainchat

New Main chat window.
    -Higher resolution pokeballs added.

As of ver 1.1
    • Tabs now resize automatically
    • Flash and message color changed
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Challenge Window
    [​IMG]

Battle Window

Latest addition- ver 1.1
    [​IMG]

Battle window is probably the most difficult thing to style. Give your suggestions.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Z-Move button is made from scratch. Ignore those move buttons for now. They are not done yet.
    New
    [​IMG]

OLD
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mega-Evolution button is similar to Z-move button.
    New
    [​IMG]
    Pressed
    [​IMG]

Old
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Things left to be done:
    • Animated Battle Window Done
    • Something I might have forgotten (>_<)

Give your suggestions. They are worth it
    :)

Download link
    Latest: Latest Download Link

Older
    Download here

Just ignore the account/ login thing and click outside the prompt box. Download link is right there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Credits:
    -
    fsk and Nefrpitou for giving me battle window.h files
    - PO team for mainting this simulator all these years.
    -Nearly all images from official artworks and some are edited by me.
    Still If I have used your artwork then PM me I'll credit you or remove it, any way you prefer.
    -Pumone for his constant encouragement and suggestions.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Draciel, Zoroark, fsk and 6 others like this.
  2. Pumone

Pumone Member

I'm sad to see PO has very low interest, but i really love your art style and I think your theme should be applied by default in next updates, just to see some "refresh" to the simulator, it would be a good idea!

3. amicus tuus

Hi, thanks for your appreciation. I was legit thinking that no one liked it. I was not really motivated to complete it. If you need this then tell me I'll make it a little cleaner and upload it.

Pumone and EvilDingoRobot like this.
  4. Pumone

Pumone Member

Yes I really like it! I will be happy to see it finished =) Colors are so vibrant, great work! Keep it up!

5. amicus tuus

Battle window added. Few minor things are left. I'll upload it soon.

Pumone likes this.
  6. amicus tuus

Hey guys I have a question. Would it be okay to use Muli font? I really like this font and it fits the theme well. However it's 'a' is not usual and might make it hard to read. May I have some suggestions?
    Link to Muli font

Pumone likes this.
  7. Pumone

Pumone Member

Hi! I think Muli font can be good, maybe you can show us some screenshot just to see if it fits with PO =)

8. amicus tuus

Hey bud here's the pic.
    [​IMG]

I'm actually concerned about readability because of the different lowercase a. I'll post if I find a similar font but with normal 'a'.

Pumone likes this.
  9. Pumone

Pumone Member

Wow I love it!! The colors! What a great job!
    I think the "a" is still readable and the font is a pleasure for my eyes.
    Very good. I wait for it to be released =)

amicus tuus likes this.
  10. Zoroark

Zoroark KEK Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Impressive Job
    +10

Pumone likes this.
  11. amicus tuus

New image added for box
    [​IMG]

I have tried tinkering a bit with server choice menu. Which one do you guys think looks better?
    Old
    [​IMG]

New
    [​IMG]

Zoroark, Pumone and Rohit Rana like this.
  12. Rohit Rana

Rohit Rana New Member

Hi , i am a new player playing in my browser i want to know how to play ,catch pokemons etc. Please reply me soon.:litwick:

13. Pumone

Pumone Member

Great work again! I prefer the old server choice menu, I don't like Solgaleo there, it's more "natural" without it =)
    Also the box graphic is good too, but I think the squares of pokemon in team are too big, for the rest it's perfect to me.
    The colors choice is just awesome!

14. amicus tuus

Hi Rohit this is a bttle simulator. Here you can fight other trainers. In web brower you can use this link
    http://web.pokemon-online.eu/
    and check this tutorial
    http://pokemon-online.eu/threads/34372/

15. Rohit Rana

Rohit Rana New Member

But first web site shows wrong password if i uses correct one.

16. amicus tuus

I Think you have confused the forums with simulator. Just go to web.pokemon-online.eu
    This time use another username like Blue charizard or some other name that has not been taken

--- Post updated ---
    I'll PM you because this is my theme thread and for discussion of theme mostly.

--- Post updated ---
    Ok thanks I'll remove the Solgaloe and use the older image. I have added new images please check them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pumone and fsk like this.
  17. Pumone

Pumone Member

Seriously, I've never seen a better theme than this one! I'm very happy and excited!!
    I can be repetitive but I really like it, those colors, the HP and time bars, the Mega and Z buttons...when can we have this theme? =)
    I can suggest, the last thing to do is add custom battle backgrounds, can be found on deviantart (with credits to the maker).

Off topic: I replaced pokémon sprites with pokémon images from dream world and I think they are way better (I don't like 3d models), there are also the shiny form on deviantart.
    http://imgur.com/a/kOrmh

18. Draciel

Draciel Now Or Never

PO Trainer Name:
    Neo
    Excellent theme, certainly one of the better ones I've seen during my time on PO.
    Keep up the good work!

Pumone likes this.
  19. amicus tuus

Download link added. Please report bugs I'll try to fix them.

--- Post updated ---
    Link added. Download link

3D models did not do justice to some Pokemon. Sometimes colors are too bland. BW and Platinum sprites were my favorite.

Pumone and Zoroark like this.
  20. Pumone

Pumone Member

Ok I tried it and I can say it's very good and a pleasure to see.

I suggest just few changes:

- the "NewPokeBar" image (where the Pokémon name is displayed in battle) should be a different color (green?) or at least a different shape.

- the HP bar colors (green, yellow, red) are a bit weak, they need more saturation.
    I tried to change the HP background to black and it's a good contrast, though the HP numbers must change to white to be seen.

Let me know and thank you!

21. Zoroark

Zoroark KEK Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Well I must say this is probably one of the best (if not the best) themes I have ever seen during my time in PO. It's so full of colors and details, everything is fully readable and well organized, the font is great, resolution on Pokéball icons aswell, Battle Window looking good (cept for details mentioned by Pumone). This is truly impressive.

BUT, there's one thing I noticed that concerns me, hopefully you are able to fix this up. Not quite sure if its because of my resolution (which I highly doubt), but when it comes to channel tabs, they are not fully shown which sort of takes out the beauty of the display http://prntscr.com/gbf7sy . I am not sure why this happens, maybe you know? It also happens with the "Players, Channels, Battles" thingy.

Also is it possible that you can sort of change the color the channel text gets when a new message is sent? I kind of get confused since when you click on a channel the text turns green, and that's exact the same color as when someone sends a new message so its quite confusing.

Anyways if you find a way to fix this up I'll highly appreciate it, but even if you don't, that's alright. Thank you very much for contributing to PO this way :)

Pumone likes this.
  22. amicus tuus

Hey sorry it was bad coding on my part. I fixed both the length issue and the color has been changed to purple. I have added the link in the main post. It fixes this issue.

[​IMG]

--- Post updated ---
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried to fix the battle window as whole. Sadly PO does not allow background images in battle window. Changing color for HP bar is not allowed either. So it took some time to make this. See if it looks okay. I have added the link to download
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    Pumone and Zoroark like this.
  23. Pumone

Pumone Member

I can't try it until next week but the look is just amazing. Your theme gives PO a new fresh look. I hope PO will be great again like it was years ago. Thank you very much. If I will find anything to be fixed I will tell you here.

24. Pumone

Pumone Member

Ok now I tried it, the health bar colors are great!! Until now the only "bug" I found is health bars not showing Pokémon names during double/triple battles.

[​IMG]

PS: I know the old battle window does not allow much editing, but does it allow to replace the background when weather conditions are active, just replacing the background png with another one? The same can be done with Hazards like spikes, sticky web etc...I know the new battle window has these functions, but I think the old one is just better for me.

25. amicus tuus

I Have figured pokemon name not appearing bug. It is due to a styling issue which will be fixed soon.
    About weather effects unfortunately I can't do anything at all. These are hardcoded and you need to recompile the whole PO to have effects. Secondly PO doesn't care much for old battle window. In fact old battle window hasn't been touched in past 2 years. All efforts are put into animated window and web client. Still I'll see if I can do something with client scripts.

Zoroark and Pumone like this.