1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Player Interview: HSOWA

Discussion in 'Articles' started by E.T., Jul 18, 2017.

Moderators: E.T.
  1. E.T.

E.T. K I N G Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    [​IMG]

Hello, and welcome to another edition of Player Interview! Today's interview is with @HSOWA, the SM LC Gym Leader for the PO League! HSOWA also happens to be a Server Moderator and Megauser for the Tournaments channel on the server. Let's get to the interview!

1. How did you get introduced to Pokémon?

HSOWA:
    Shortly after Red/Blue came out (around 2000), there was a massive Pokémon craze here; everyone in school was talking about it. I was like 5 at the time, but my brother let me play his Blue version, and it was fun. :>

2. How did you first discover PO?

HSOWA: Ozma (former Server Admin) told me about it in June of 2010, I gave it a try, and I loved how colourful the interface was compared to Shoddy Battle.

3. How long have you been playing LC?

HSOWA: Shortly after I discovered PO. I used to play it in server tours a lot, playing against good players like Psykout22, Archerknight, Weavile and kokoloko. I loved how fast paced the tier was compared to OU/UU. I played BW LC as well, but I didn't play much in the BW2 era. I came back when SM was released.

4. What is your favorite and least favorite SM LC Pokémon?

HSOWA: Favorite is Skitty because it's adorable <3, but it's hard to think of a least favourite. I'd go with Rufflet because it keeps letting me down with Hustle. :(

5. What has being a Gym Leader for SM LC been like so far? Have there been any moments that were particularly memorable?

HSOWA: It's been fun. I've had a lot of close matches, even if a few of them have been haxfests. The most memorable moments were the games against Edna and Jethalal; they were close series and could've gone either way. :>

6. Is there anything in the current SM LC metagame that seems broken?

HSOWA: I want to say Drifloon, but honestly, I haven't used it that much. Drought seems to be the major threat; a +2 Bellsprout in sun is only really stopped by Focus Sash Abra if your opponent doesn't have another weather starter like Snover, as Poisonium Z allows it to beat otherwise bulky checks to it. I also don't like Vullaby because it can run a variety of sets which makes it unpredictable, and if you let it set off Weak Armor and Nasty Plot, you're in for a hard time, especially since it can flinch you. :(

7. What advice would you give to players who are starting out in LC but only have experience with more traditional tiers like OU?

HSOWA: Don't use Leftovers, since you only restore 1 HP per turn. Use Berry Juice if you want recovery. Everything is a lot more offensive; stall isn't really a thing. Choice Band/Specs aren't really good items, since Life Orb is generally better, as it tends to do the same amount of damage, but you have the freedom to switch moves.

8. If you could be a Gym Leader for a different tier, which would you choose?

HSOWA: Challenge Cup, since it's fun. :> I like playing DPP/BW OU as well, although I'm probably not good enough to be leader. :x

9. Do you have anything else to say to our readers?

HSOWA: HGSS LC is still the best tier.

Thanks, HSOWA, for taking the time to tell us a bit about yourself and SM LC! For anyone interested in challenging HSOWA's SM LC Gym, make a post in the Challenge Log, and make a post in the SM LC Gym. Be sure to read the rules for the PO League as well! This edition of Player Interview is coming to an end, but there will be more to come. To nominate players to be interviewed, post here or contact @E.T. on the PO forums.

HSOWA - For being interviewed
    E.T. - Questions, Grammar
    JoyFrost - Artist

Do you want to contribute to Articles too? Here's How to Become an Articles Contributor.

2. Joyverse

Joyverse Toki wo tomare!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Aerial Ace uwu.

1) Are you willing to learn/relearn a tier, just so you could help a friend train?
    2) WHY ARE SO NICE? OMG YOU'RE SO NICE?! BUT WHY and also HOW?
    3) Are you by any chance, interested in Machine Learning / Deep Learning? If so, why?
    4) What's your favorite non-Pokemon RPG?
    5) What's your favorite non-Pokemon Game (which isn't an RPG)?
    6) If you ever get the chance to, what will you say to people who have quit/left Pokemon Online, or by extension Pokemon?
    7) Consider that I'm a dumb person who hates HGSS just cause its Ubers tier isn't pretty fun, how are you going to convince me to play HGSS LC?
    8) What song is currently your ringtone?
    9) What's your favorite genre of music?
    10) A/S/L?
    11) What's your favorite car?
    12) Do you see anime / read manga? If so, what is your favorite?
    13) How many spoken languages do you know?

OMG, I love you bruh! <3
    No homo.

3. DracoNova

DracoNova Cherlene's #1 fan

PO Trainer Name:
    DracoNova
    is bestiality a fetish for u?

4. Jethalal

Jethalal (~o.o)~ So Spooky ~(o.o~)

PO Trainer Name:
    Jethalal
    :>

EvilDingoRobot likes this.
  5. HSOWA

HSOWA nyaw Server Moderator Server Moderator

Hurricane, Joyverse and Jethalal like this.
  6. DracoNova

DracoNova Cherlene's #1 fan

PO Trainer Name:
    DracoNova
    i mean hot skitty on wailord action

Moderators: E.T.