1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, due to a lack of interest, playerbase, and general desire to continue, PO will hereby cease our separate tiering and adopt Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

Player Interview: Velvet Blood

Discussion in 'Articles' started by E.T., Jul 23, 2017.

Moderators: E.T.
  1. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    [​IMG]

Hello, and welcome to the next edition of Player Interview! Today's interview is with @Velvet Blood, the Battle Factory 6v6 Gym Leader for the PO League! Battle Factory 6v6 is a tier that gives both players a random team with competitive sets from one of PO's main tiers. Without further ado, let's get started!

1. How did you get introduced to Pokémon?

Velvet Blood:
    Well, when I was 8 years old, I went to visit my aunt in Hanoi, which is in Vietnam, and she had a Nintendo 64 then, and the games she had were really fun such as Super Mario 64, but what really got my attention was when I saw Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Stadium, and through that, I discovered more about Pokémon.

2. How did you first discover PO?

Velvet Blood: I discovered PO through my sister who had previously played on here; she started in 2010 while I started in 2011, but I wasn't active at all nor was I very interested in PO until later on.

3. What is your favorite and least favorite tiers to get in Battle Factory?

Velvet Blood: Personally I like SM UU a lot more than all the other tiers my opponent and I get in our matches mainly due to the sets being better than other tiers. My least favorite would be SM Ubers because whenever my opponent and I get it, either one of us always get a team that's weak to, let's say a Ho-oh, like in my match vs Mysterious M—he got a team weak to Ho-oh alone, since his whole team was Steel types + Muk and Groundceus.

4. Are there any Battle Factory sets that you particularly like or dislike getting on your team?

Velvet Blood: I like it when I get Weak Armor Vullaby because I can use it as a late game sweeper if I play it right, its movepool is great, and Nasty Plot makes it even more threatening.

Velvet Blood: I hate getting a Darkrai on one of my teams due to its chances to miss a Hypnosis. The Dark Void nerf really did hit Darkrai hard. Other than that, I have no problems with other sets.

5. What has being a Gym Leader for Battle Factory been like so far? Have there been any moments that were particularly memorable?

Velvet Blood: It's been kinda hard but fun at the same time, mainly due to the teams me or my opponent gets, but it's a fun tier, and it's meant to be enjoyed in my opinion. There has been one memorable moment when I faced Hassin627—before doing our match he was looking for a place to sit down to play and was quite funny. In our game, he completely dominated me in both SM LC games, and I never loved Onix a lot until now. What made this a really fun experience is how he had good sportsmanship and kept a good mood even after a crit or two. It was just good to enjoy the match really.

6. What is it about Battle Factory that you find most appealing?

Velvet Blood: What appeals to me is how you can get the worst team ever in Battle Factory, yet you can still enjoy the matches mainly because of how it's meant to be fun.

7. If you could be a Gym Leader for a different tier, which would you choose?

Velvet Blood: I don't mind being a Gym Leader for any other tier, but I think I'd have to know the tier if I wanted to be a Gym Leader for it, but really I don't mind being Battle Factory Gym Leader again for next season.

8. Do you have anything else to say to our readers?

Velvet Blood: Good luck to those who have already made it to the Elite Four!

Thanks, Velvet Blood, for taking the time to tell us a bit about yourself and Battle Factory 6v6! For anyone interested in challenging Velvet Blood's Battle Factory 6v6 Gym, make a post in the Challenge Log, and make a post in the Battle Factory 6v6 Gym. Be sure to read the rules for the PO League as well! This edition of Player Interview is coming to an end, but there will be more to come. To nominate players to be interviewed, post here or contact @E.T. on the PO forums.

Velvet Blood - For Being Interviewed
    E.T. - Questions, Grammar
    JoyFrost - Artist

Do you want to contribute to Articles too? Here's How to Become an Articles Contributor.

Joyverse likes this.
Moderators: E.T.