1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, PO has ceased our separate tiering and adopted Smogon tiers for SM. More information and updates here.

Dismiss Notice

This Is Goodbye

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joeypals!!, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joeypals!!

Joeypals!! Don't you worry 'bout a thing~

PO Trainer Name:
    Joeypals
    Hey guys, it's Joey. I'm trying to find the wording to make this as accurate as possible, but I can't so I'll full-out say it -- I'm leaving Pokemon Online, most likely for good. It's not that I'm not happy with my title (which I'd like to resign from as well), it's just that the Pokemon Online brand and I are no longer compatible. I've been here since about the site and forum's inception, long before Pokemon Showdown was a thing. I've seen the rise and fall of just about everything on the server and forum, from Ozma and the [Eon] clan all the way to our current staff of today. I've made multiple Mafia themes, multiple tournaments, and multiple forum games, all out of nothing but love for this place (speaking of Mafia themes, I'm going to leave those in the care of @IceKirby, I don't want anything going awry like what happened when someone who made a couple themes left). That being said, I simply cannot move forward.

As we know, Pokemon Online is dying. It's not something I'm going to try to deny, I'm going to straight-up say it. We've been in nothing short of a downward spiral ever since Pokemon Showdown became a thing, and while the server additions were nice, they weren't nearly enough to keep up with the competitor server. I'm not going to blame the developers at all, as they did the best they could, nor will I blame our social team. We all did our best to keep this place floating as well as we could, and I'd like to think the Question of the Day series, which would've hit 2 years old in October, was a major player in that. Was it? I cannot say from my own accord.

For the most part, I wish you all the best. There's certain people I'd love to lambaste the ever-loving hell out of, but that's not going to do anyone any good. The people I want to thank most are @Fate Testarossa, @Professor Oak, @IceKirby, and @Zoroark. Collectively, you four are the ones that made PO what it was to me, and I'm gonna hate to lose you all in one way or another. There's plenty of you guys that also made an impact on me, but those four are definitely my closest in terms of work ethic, friendship, and overall memories. As for where I'm going, besides my move, I'll still be plenty active on my Big 3 -- Discord, Twitter, and YouTube (putting up a new video later today actually). But with me becoming a leader of Bird Keeper Toby's Discord and a mod for his YouTube channel, along with everything else going on in my life including a move and a desire to try to make YouTube a thing for me, I've gotta split from here now. I'll miss most of you, and I wish you nothing but the best for the time this place has left.

~Joey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.