1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question of the Day! Thread 3.5

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pokemonnerd, Jul 27, 2017.

1. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

In memory of @Joeypals!!
    By the way do you upload Fire Emblem videos because I'll definitely follow you on youtube if you do.
    [​IMG]

Meanwhile I'm going to keep beating this dead horse called PO until either the death rattle ends or it works as pseudo-CPR!

If anyone else wants to post a question, PM me. I'd rather this not turn into a clusterfuck, which will happen if everyone starts posting their own questions willy-nilly.

Question for Thursday, July 27th: For those still here, what keeps you coming back to this community?

Zoroark, NAVIDAD PIRATE and E.T. like this.
  2. Joyverse

Joyverse Road Roller time!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    QoTD is one, Lake of Rage which has downright become a very bad meme, and the occasional need to play borkyman.

e: And nowadays, I'm finding that lurking on PO is just as good as posting shitty stuff like I used too. It actually makes it easy for both me and the people on PO! uwu

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Hassin627 likes this.
  3. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    joey leaving po

Cheezeburgar likes this.
  4. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Rip Joey.
    If I wasn't co-owner of the community, I'd not be here. I barely talk to anyone in this community outside of needing to talk to them for authority matters anymore. I don't have the sense of community I used to have when being here in the past anymore. Years of poor decisions and poor communication from leadership (including myself) have left PO a shallow skeleton of its former self, and I feel like it's going to just keep limping onwards until a final decision to kill it off is made.

Hi guys, welcome to the nice positive first question of the new QoTD thread!

5. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange

6. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Friends from here, contributing, and playing on the server (mainly Trivia and occasional Tournaments / ladder battles that are decent).

7. Water

Water Well Respected and Exceptionally Handsome User

I like some people here.

8. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

That's why I asked it, I'm glad it cheered you up! :D

Question for Friday, July 28th: What kind of card games did you play while growing up, and if you still play a card game today what did you like about it?
    EDIT: I did primarily mean trading card games but actual card games with normal decks of cards are fun too lol

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  9. EvilDingoRobot

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    i played 1 in spanish a lot
    go fish and those types of game r fun

i am best at yugioh duel links
    @Cheezeburgar can confirm

Cheezeburgar likes this.
  10. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    I grew up with yugioh and still love it, unless youre talking about regular playing cards in which case i dont know the english terms for the games, only the german ones

11. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I played a lot of UNO. With playing cards, I played poker and some other game that I can't remember that well in certain classes at school (since the teachers either didn't care or had better things to do than their primary job). Yu-Gi-Oh! is something that I only played with my friends a couple times, but I didn't even play long enough to really grasp the rules, and I definitely didn't collect any cards.

12. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse

The Pokemon TCG and the OG Trump Cards. I used to have that elusive Fire Spin Charizard which used to bop most of my sister's deck mons in general. Apparently it now sells for a lotta $$$ up in EBay, but I have lost it lol.

13. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar supreme mafia admiral

PO Trainer Name:
    Sauce Castillo
    I did not play many card games as a kid but now I play Duel Links which is dank yugiyoh simulator from app store

i used to collect mons cards but i never battled or anything

my first EX was a wailord but some noob stole it in 2nd grade, forever salty

Egyptian ratslap is my favorite playing cards game

14. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Yeah, I originally saw the question about 5 minutes after it was posted, but was unsure as to the context of the question, so I waited to answer. I'll not talk about playing cards, because there's not many playing card games I haven't played that I can think of. Doesn't mean I'm any good though. Wish I was, I'd try and make a killing on poker lol

I played the Pokémon TCG as a child, not to any serious extent at all. My best friend owned all the cards and shit, I owned a few and eventually had them stolen, which kinda zapped the fun out of things for me.

I also played Yugioh, from high school to about 3-4 years ago. Didn't collect the cards at all, especially after seeing the price of some of the fucking cards required to make a solid deck, but enjoyed playing it. Won my first ever duel against the guy whose cards we were using because I am a fucking boss and the Ojama deck I made for myself with his cards worked a fucking charm lol. Played on Dueling Network for a while, lived through the "Dragons are fucking OP" phaze of Yugioh with Future Fusion F.H.D being a key staple of the majority of my decks back then. Learned about Synchros (actually not a terrible idea) and Xyz stuff (which I think IS a poor idea) before stopping due to having no one to play because I have no friends. I'm sure there's even more new bullshit that makes the game less fun too.

Also Uno is fun.

15. pokemonnerd

Me and my grandma used to play Uno all the time when I was young, that and Rummy. I'm also pretty big into Magic the Gathering, but mainly play on emulators or casually with the cards I have. Been playing and collecting since 2004.

Question for Saturday, July 29th: What kind of pets do you have, and/or what kind of pet would you want to have? For another alternative to cover everyone, why do you hate animals don't you want a pet?

16. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Family dog died at the start of the year, parents didn't want to get another dog cos he was "irreplaceable" according to them.
    We've got a goldfish here. Used to have 2, 1 got too big so we moved it to the other half's parents' fish pond, the second one died. I don't overly care for them, it's mostly to keep the other half happy.

Can't have any other pets as it's technically "no pets allowed". Wouldn't want another pet anyway, as I doubt we'd be able to look after it well enough, considering we struggle to look after ourselves. If any, dog would be nice.

17. Annoying Orange

Annoying Orange sweet creature Server Moderator Social Media Rep Server Moderator Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Annoying Orange
    I have a handsome cat named Mason
    [​IMG]

18. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    I've had dogs and cats before, but I'm not huge fans of them because the costs of taking care of them (food, dealing with poop, vet bills, barking, slobbering, climbing, scratching, chewing on things, etc) outweigh the happiness I get from having them. I really like birds, so a bird would be an ideal pet for me if it wasn't for the fact that they poop all over the place. I like bunnies too, but idk how hard they are to take care of (I think they can be trained to use a litter box though). I think I would be okay with having fish, or maybe turtles. . . idk much about turtles, but they're cute.

19. EvilDingoRobot

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    pet dingo want

Cheezeburgar likes this.
  20. Zoroark

Zoroark Awoo Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Friends pretty much and maybe contributing? (Although I have no idea how to contribute here that is actually relevant anymore...)

28th: Regular Card games with A's and shit.

29th: A chihuahua dog that died last year and a cat my brother adopted recently. If I had to choose what pet to have It'd be definitely a Red Fox.

21. pokemonnerd

I've two dogs living with me right now, actually. I'm honestly horrible at telling people what breeds they actually are since they belong to both my roommates, however I plan to get some pictures of them at some point to show them off. Even though they're not mine I like them all the same.

Question for Sunday, July 30th: Rent's due! What's your living condition right now? Do you have a house, living in an apartment or have you made your mom's basement your personal bachelor pad for one reason or another?

Alternatively, how do you like the house you're living in if you're not at the age where your parents kick you out yet?

22. Hurricane

Hurricane Ooooh colors Server Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Hurricane
    Asian parents don't kick their children out so i guess I'm lucky :)
    Also, i really like the place where i live. Separate room for me so kinda get my privacy too.

23. Zoroark

Zoroark Awoo Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    I had to move from my parents's house pretty much because of college. Now I'm living on a rented apartment paid by both me and my brother in a super shitty neighborhood where people get shot almost daily, smoke weed/cocaine, and both the building and apartment conditions are super garbage. Yay perks of being poor.

24. fsk

fsk Kept Hacking Tier Leader Server Moderator Tour Director Tier Leader Server Moderator Tour Director

PO Trainer Name:
    fsk
    Rarely answering QOTD but wanna try this one. Friends and some duties are pretty much the sole reason we are on now, as we are no longer competitively relevant. In addition, part of the Chinese community, esp. the newbies/immature players are still sticked to PO due to its functional translations, and that makes me necessary to stay and get rid of cancerous users among them and updating database or reporting bugs to keep this going. And yeah I have an amazing tier to lead with maybe a handful people that actually plays and cares, even setting up our discord which is the only one that exists for a PO tier :v

Also just moved from the school dorm to an apartment 10min from my college, and living with a friend. Bought some neat and relatively cheap/on-sale IKEA furniture and spent the past several days assembling them. My desk took some 27 steps to put together and it feels really good when we finished it, was pretty fun lol

E.T. and pokemonnerd like this.
  25. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    My rent's due mid-month, funnily enough.

Live with the other half in an apartment that we're renting. Can't afford to buy in the current housing market, and we're certainly not earning enough to be able to afford a deposit on a house / apartment and pay a mortgage. Shit sucks. It's a nice enough place though. Worst place in a decent neighbourhood, so worst thing that's happened around here is a drug lab exploding.

26. EvilDingoRobot

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    i actually live in my parents basement and eat ramen for breakfast every other day

27. pokemonnerd

I live with 2 people in a duplex. One has the couch while me and the other have our own rooms.

Question for Monday, July 31st: Have you ever traveled outside of your country? If so, where did you go and why?

28. Hurricane

PO Trainer Name:
    Hurricane
    Uh UAE, idk around 15 years back or something. Dad had a temporary job there so stayed for around 3 months.
    Then visited malaysia and thailand for vacation around 9 years back.
    Came to US for college last year but couldnt afford the whole thing so came back.

pokemonnerd and Professor Oak like this.
  29. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Gotta love the cost of education
    !

Depends on what technicalities we're looking at. You could argue that I haven't, as I've never left the United Kingdom.

I was born and live in England. I have been to Wales on multiple occasions (school trips, days out with family, camping holidays). I can't recall if I've ever been to Scotland, so I assume not.

30. Fate Testarossa

Fate Testarossa Unbreakable Bond

PO Trainer Name:
    Fate Testarossa
    I was born in Iceland, but haven't actually traveled outside the US.

Sweetness2577 and EvilDingoRobot like this.
  31. Velvet Blood

Velvet Blood Well-Known Member

Born in Canada, I have visited Vietnam a lot to visit my family from my moms side.

32. pokemonnerd

Rip Tuesday's question, you will never be remembered.

Question for Wednesday, August 2nd: ever had anyone break into your house, steal something and/or cause a bit of damage to it?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  33. Joyverse

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    Gudo querstan. For the time being, I'm living with my sister and her husband due to sole fact that I'm still pretty new to this city and don't earn enough yet Once I've enough I'll be moving out.

34. Hurricane

PO Trainer Name:
    Hurricane
    Apparently, some kid from the neighbourhood tried to break in cuz I heard someone trying to open the door. when I looked outside, he just ran and crossed over the boundary wall again :x.

35. EvilDingoRobot

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    in my old house a kid threw a rock at my window and ran away

36. Water

Water Well Respected and Exceptionally Handsome User

hahaha yeah i got you

37. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    No one's tried to break in or damage any place I've lived in. I had a "friend" in school who stole my Game Boy Color with WarioLand 2 in it after I invited him around. Fucker is lucky I've not seen him alone as an adult, I still hold a grudge. There was also a sudden disappearance of my PS1, PS2 and a bunch of games at around the same time a family member was living with a drug addict. Obviously there's no connection there AT ALL.

Compared to my stepfather's sister, we had it rather easy. Break-ins and violence were so regular they installed CCTV in their place and it still continued. A few convictions, at least.

38. pokemonnerd

Question for Thursday, August(not April actually) 3rd: Assuming the gameplay is solid, how much do you value graphics in video games?

Assuming you don't play video games, how much do you value the graphics of this "real life" everyone seems to be playing?
    This is also assuming no one here is blind. I would have some other questions if that were the case.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  39. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    awesrfjtysrgaef ertguydghb ae r34895934 248t9r 348c4 ecf/vckirs#
    yes I mashed
    Game's gotta look good to be good, ultimately. A game could be one of the most fun concepts ever, but if it looks like a piece of shit, no one is going to play it. Simple as that. "Looking good" also varies from game to game, and various styles can look good despite the look being "outdated" to an extent.

pokemonnerd likes this.
  40. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    If the gameplay is like a 9/10 then i wouldnt mind the graphics being around 5,37/10 tbh