1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question of the Day! Thread 3.5

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by pokemonnerd, Jul 27, 2017.

1. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Let me think about it for 8 months, and I'll get back to you.

I don't value graphics very much, but that's probably because I don't play "new" games very often (or if I do, they've usually been out for at least a year by the time I get around to playing them). I think Pokemon Moon was the last game that I got shortly after release, and I know I didn't get that for the graphics.

Fate Testarossa, pokemonnerd and fsk like this.
  2. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

Well I personally find the graphics that my eyes can put out to be quite lacking. Been trying to find a good upgrade for a while.

Question for Friday and Saturday, August 4th and 5th(I basically missed the 4th anyway): What's your opinion on the Ultra sun and moon games that are going to come out?

3. Xdevo

Xdevo Some things can't be changed Tiering Administrator Tour Director Tiering Administrator Tour Director

"Hey, let's release what is ostensibly the same game that we released about a year ago just to prove to everyone that we either make these Pokemon games in less than 7 months, or that we're obviously planning to force people to shell out extra money when we add already extant features back into this generation."

If the games manage to be very different to SM (more than BW2 were to BW), then I'll change my opinion, but given how SM was "supposed to shake up the formula" and utterly failed to do so in any meaningful way, I highly doubt that anything will end up changing my opinion.

pokemonnerd and Professor Oak like this.
  4. pokemonnerd

pokemonnerd Only uso listens to pnerd. Devo too. Article Contributor Article Contributor

My opinion is the same as devo's really. I don't see the point in the games and wish they'd even reboot the franchise or simply work on more crossovers like Pokemon Conquest since the old formula is stale by now.

Feel free to comment on old questions if you missed some on other days, by the way.

Question for Sunday, August 6th: What kind of work schedule do you prefer? Or if you're in college as a full time student, what would be your dream class schedule?

5. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    preferably few hours but lots of pay
    unfortunately that's just a dream
    so I prefer regular shifts at the same time of day, preferably with a weekend off
    unfortunately that's also a dream
    help me

6. RedJoker25

RedJoker25 Resident Lurker Server Moderator Article Contributor Server Moderator Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    RedJoker25
    Aug. 3rd: Graphic quality doesn't matter too much to me. Basically as long as I can tell what is happening, it's good enough. Graphics content, on the other hand, is important. Some things appeal to me, others don't, and if they don't, I'm probably not playing it regardless of gameplay / story / whatever else.

Aug 4/5th: I just want that "I Choose You" cap Pikachu. Don't even care that I already use a Pikachu in Sun.

7. Xdevo

Xdevo Some things can't be changed Tiering Administrator Tour Director Tiering Administrator Tour Director

I wanna ask a question so fuck the rest of you.

8/7/17 Which year do you think had the best Video Game releases overall?

8. EvilDingoRobot

EvilDingoRobot HELLOOOOOOOO

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
  9. NAVIDAD PIRATE

NAVIDAD PIRATE THE PLEASURE OF BEING CUMMED INSIDE

PO Trainer Name:
    MeowMix
    98, there is no other correct answer

10. pokemonnerd

FF tactics and 7, Star fox 64, goldeneye, mega man legends, and a bunch of other good oldies.

Edit: forgot Metal Gear Solid and fallout 2 were in 98. It is now tied with 97 for me.

--- Post updated ---

Question for 8/9/2017: how many pokemon games have you nuzlocked and what's the average amount of teammates that you lose?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  11. Xdevo

8/7- 2011; Portal 2, InFamous 2, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Crysis 2, Bastion, Resistance 3, Arkham City, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Space 2, L.A. Noire (rip), and Dark Souls. Lots of great and memorable games, and definitely the peak of the 7th generation.

8/9 - only completed 2, Yellow rom and HG (ended at the E4, fuck Red) lost 6 and 3 respectively. Attempted a few others, especially Crystal, but I got bored of getting haxed and losing a mon so I just stopped nuzlocking.

12. EvilDingoRobot

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    i lose all my mons every time

13. Professor Oak

Professor Oak Pimp Hand Strong Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep Forum Administrator Server Owner Social Media Rep

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    1991: Street Fighter 2; Sonic The Hedgehog; Another World; FF IV; LoZ Link to the Past; Civ 1; Battletoads; Toejam & Earl; Metroid 2; F-Zero; Pilotwings; Bonk 2; Super Castlevania IV; Super Mario World; Lemmings; and NInja Gaiden 3; amongst others.

I've Nuzlocked every single main game in the series with the exceptions of White 2 (cos I never got round to it) and Sun and Moon (cos fuck that noise) to completion. Most Nuzlockes have had a couple of failures added in, usually a random Explosion here or a Destiny Bond there, but I keep losses to a minimum in general. In a fair number of cases, if I lose a notable mon, I'll just stop doing the run cos grinding isn't fun.

14. pokemonnerd

Question for 8/10/2017: how do you get around your town/city/village?

15. Xdevo

With my car

16. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Primarily, I walk. If I'm with the other half, we tend to take her car. I've used the bus exactly 4 times since moving down here, and used a taxi exactly twice.

17. Zoroark

Zoroark Awoo Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    Either using a vehicle or if I'm walking I wish I was equipped with a knife, peppermint gas or a Taser...

Joyverse likes this.
  18. Joyverse

Joyverse Road Roller time!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    I generally walk or take a share-taxi.

Wait. How easy is it to get mugged out there in Puerto Rico? O_O

19. Zoroark

Zoroark Awoo Forum Moderator Server Moderator Forum Moderator Server Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    SkyPhoenix / Zoroark
    It's Dominican Republic lol. Puerto Rico is worse.
    But yeah uhh, one night I got robbed when entering the building I live. There are gunshots almost every night, some of the neighbours here are actual drug dealers. Maybe that can give you an idea :v

Joyverse likes this.
  20. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    8/9: ive never actually finished a nuzlocke without breaking all the rules at least 20 times, hence why i never lose mons

8/10: mainly by train, tram and bus

21. EvilDingoRobot

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
    walk
    who drives lul

22. pokemonnerd

Yeah I normally walk, ride the bus or use an app to summon strangers to my house and take me places.

Question for 8/13/2017: What do you guys think of the new Dragonball Z fighting game coming out? Or fighting games in general?

23. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    imo fighting games are seriously boring if you dont play them with friends

24. Xdevo

Fighting games are like cocaine: some people play them to a deeply unhealthy point; some like to do it to party with friends, but won't really do much outside of that; and some people will never touch them.

The DBZ games have always been pretty fucking trash as anything other than a "I play it because it's fun with friends" which applies to pretty much everything (Plan 9 from Outer Space springs to mind), so not excited what-so-ever for it.

25. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    I follow a few notable members of the fighting game community on Twitter, and I also happen to follow a couple of people who are big DBZ fans (by sheer chance). The general consensus seems to be that it looks cool, especially as the animations seem to be taking from the DBZ manga.

I think it's cool that they're taking from other parts of the DBZ universe, and I might even enjoy playing the game. However, I personally have zero investment in the game. I hope it does well though.

26. Joyverse

Joyverse Road Roller time!

PO Trainer Name:
    Joyverse
    I feel like fighting games need you (heck force you) to learn a character from top to bottom. I say so in terms of both competitive and non-competitive environments. I remember being pretty good with Fei Long in whereas I sucked in controlling any other char in Street Fighter 2. Nowadays, it's even harder to understand a character fully and then, be ace at using it. Yet, being a fan of grinding in JRPGs, I find it kinda fun learning a character in fighting games. So goes my confusing answer.

MORTAL KOMBAT X! MORTAL KOMBAT X!

27. pokemonnerd

I've always loved playing fighting games. Not enough to develop any "pro" skills or anything like that but I can spend hours on Tekken, Marvel, Blazblue, you name it matching against random people. If I can play with any friends that like these games that's a bonus for me.

That being said I have really high hopes for the new DBZ game since Arc System Works is behind it, and anyone who really gets into fighting games knows the legacy of Guilty Gear. Xrd and Revelator have both been great and I love Blazblue's mechanics so I'm expecting this to be the first genuinely good DBZ game and not just a "hey let's fire 2627 kamehameha waves at each other while screaming" simulator. Which is fun for a minute but still gets boring with friends pretty quick.

Question for 8/14/2017: More gaming questions! How does everyone like or feel about the Nintendo Switch so far?

28. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    Kinda want it solely for Splatoon 2 currently. Being able to play BotW and Mario Odyssey would also be nice. With that said, I've yet to see how it'd be worth my time overall, considering the early problems some users have been having with the Switch, combined with the lack of time I actually have to play currently.

I'll probably get one when the first couple of big price drops hit it, like I did with the PS3.

29. Xdevo

I feel like I did this before but might as well do it again.

The Switch released mid-generation with 1 decent title (that you could get on the Wii U anyway), and since then has made nothing of value (maybe Arms if you have no expectations from a fighting game) that you couldn't get from the Wii U. The only remotely important game the switch has coming is Mario Odyssey until at least early 2018. Meanwhile, pretty much every major 3rd party developer has expressed either complete apathy or severe concern with attempting to port games to the Switch due to the awful hardware. Nintendo 'announced' development on a slew of desired titles in a pretty fucking desperate attempt to get sales, despite there being nothing to show (and probably won't be anything to show for at least a year). Once again, Nintendo proves they have no idea how to handle 3rd party development, and as the Gamecube demonstrated, 1st party development can't save a console.

At best, this is going to end up being another Gamecube, where it takes 1.5 years to get any decent games and despite a decent start, will end up selling like shit. At worst, this is going to be the console that forces Nintendo to stick to the handheld market as it slowly shrinks into oblivion.

All of this might be irrelevant if the company that makes the switch screens goes under and they continue to fail to be able to get the parts they need though!

Also the voicechat is fucking abysmal and Nintendo should be kicking themselves in the ass for making something so atrocious.

pokemonnerd and Professor Oak like this.
  30. pokemonnerd

Yeah haven't bought the switch myself, mainly due to money being tied up. I am going to get it eventually, simply because I do like Nintendo's first party games, although I agree with most of what devo said since it's true.

Question for 8/17/17: What are your personal top ten games of all time?

I'm assuming most people still here game a lot so asking a lot of gaming questions seems good to me.

31. Hassin627

Hassin627 feels dank man

PO Trainer Name:
    Hassin627/dank jesus
    I dont even remember like 99% of the games i played off the top of my head so yeah im just gonna go with
    1. mons
    2. other edition mons
    3. m o n s
    4. you get the point

fsk likes this.
  32. E.T.

E.T. Proud Member Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader Super Moderator Server Administrator Articles Leader

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    This would be a general estimate because I find it difficult to rank games like this.
    10. Metroid Prime 2: Echos

[​IMG]
    9. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

[​IMG]
    8. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

[​IMG]
    7. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

[​IMG]
    6. Jet Force Gemini

[​IMG]
    5. Metroid Prime III: Corruption

[​IMG]
    4. Metroid Prime

[​IMG]
    3. Undertale

[​IMG]
    2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

[​IMG]
    1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

[​IMG]

Maybe I should have limited my list to 1 game per franchise.

33. EvilDingoRobot

PO Trainer Name:
    Duck Hunt
  34. Xdevo

1. Bioshock Infinite (If I were less restrained, the DLC Burial at Sea would be on this list as well)
    2. InFamous 2
    3. Sly Cooper 2
    4. Telltale's The Walking Dead
    5. Bastion
    6. Europa Universalis 4
    7. Life is Strange
    8. Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
    9. Super Mario World
    10. The Witcher 3

Shoutouts go to Portal 2, Wolf Among Us, and Victoria 2

35. Professor Oak

PO Trainer Name:
    Professor Oak
    can't really rank these, so I'm just gonna list the first 10 that come to mind. In no particular order, and only picking 1 game per franchise:
    Dark Chronicle
    Digimon World
    Super Mario World
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
    Super Smash Bros. Melee
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (because best soundtrack)
    Tekken 3
    Super Street Fighter 2
    Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal
    Splatoon

36. pokemonnerd

I'll come up with mine a bit later, but just had a rush of nostalgia so...

Question for 8/18/2017: did you have a favorite television network growing up?

I really liked Cartoon Network until they started narrowing down the amount of shows in their blocks, as well as removing Toonami.

37. RedJoker25

RedJoker25 Resident Lurker Server Moderator Article Contributor Server Moderator Article Contributor

PO Trainer Name:
    RedJoker25
    In order of me remembering them:

1) Resident Evil (GameCube) - admittedly, I've played the PS1 version more times just because it's portable via PSN and Vita but the remake adds so much that it's the better game.
    2) Pokemon Yellow - Dated but still has my favorite front sprites for the available Pokemon.
    3) Final Fantasy X - All of the FF games I've played are great but X was my first so it gets special mention.
    4) StarCraft - My first RTS plus a remaster was just released so I'm replaying it. It's old but multiplayer never really died off (or so I've heard), so it's definitely a great game.
    5) Gemcraft Chapter 2 - Browser based TD that I liked so much I ended up getting it on Steam and playing through a second time.
    6) Mega Man Zero 2 - First entry in the Zero series I played and one of the earlier GBA games I had. Probably played it 20 times or so there before eventually getting Zero Collection on DS.
    7) Mega Man Legends 2 - I was going to do 1 per franchise but this and Zero have different basically everything so it gets an exception. Gonna be waiting forever for Legends 3 though.
    8) Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Of the MH games, I spent the most time with this one. It helps that it was the first portable edition to have online multiplayer without extra set up and PO had people who were active in playing it at its peak.
    9) Sonic the Hedgehog - I just really like Star Light Zone's music. 3 is cool too since Tails can fly and stuff.
    10) Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Been playing KH2 again recently so KH is on my mind but I liked 358 more because Roxas. Also I don't care what anyone else says, the panel system was fun to me.

Honorable mention goes to Yugioh but none of its games really stand out as being better than the others outside of being more recent with more cards so I decided not to list one as top ten.

All the shows I remember watching were pretty much on Disney. That's So Raven, Phil of the Future, Zack and Cody, stuff like that.

38. Cheezeburgar

Cheezeburgar supreme mafia admiral

PO Trainer Name:
    Sauce Castillo
    discovery channel my dudes.

at least that is the response that my pets would give you.

Mine was cartoon network, mainly bc of courage the cowardly dog. shit was my jam

E.T. likes this.
  39. E.T.

PO Trainer Name:
    E.T.
    Probably Nickelodeon. Rugrats, Catdog, Spongebob, Amanda Show, All That, Fairly Odd Parents, Invader Zim, Avatar, Danny Phantom, and Jimmy Neutron were all shows I remember watching a lot. I watched Cartoon Network too but not quite as much: Dexter's Lab, Johnny Bravo, Kids Next Door, Billy and Mandy, COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG, Looney Tunes (the classic stuff, not the new crap), Robot Chicken, and Family Guy. For Disney, Recess was probably the only thing that I watched that's worth mentioning.

40. Edna

Edna I'm like Cinderella with an umbrella Forum Moderator Forum Moderator

PO Trainer Name:
    Edna
    1- Tales of Berseria
    2- Tales of Zestiria ( story wise+ Edna factor)
    3- Tales of Xillia 1
    4- Tales of Symphonia
    5- Tales of the Abyss
    6- Tales of Xillia 2
    7- Tales of Eternia
    8- Tales of Graces F fuck this one i hated it Pokemon
    9- Dynasty Warriors
    10- Smashing @Hassin627